“UNEXPECTED SUPRISE” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Somerset, Kentucky
“UNEXPECTED SUPRISE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

My husband had decided to go to Louisville to visit a relative not making any plans where to stay. We went to one Motel and they were booked up so we continued our search and came upon this place. All I could say is "WOW" thinking as he went in to make reservations is we want be able to afford this, but he soon came out with the keys. As you can tell I'm not used to elaborate things. I had never stayed in such a place as this. It was five star all the way. In the morning when I went down for breakfast we were greeted by such a warm welcome. The attendants were so kind. When I went upstairs for breakfast I never seen so much food, it was a feast. I met lovely Miss Brenda who had done all the preparations. We enjoyed our stay and I must say I felt right at home. I must add room service was great all we had to do was call the service desk and they brought our items right to the door. I would recommend this place to anyone and hope to be able to return someday.

Room Tip: I would not know other than we were up stairs and it was nice.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Kristin H, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville East, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Thanks so much for your review! Our staff works hard to ensure that all of our guests have a fabulous experience. I'm glad you were able to meet our Brenda, who recently was the recipient of Breakfast Attendant of the Year for all of Residence Inn! She truly makes every experience special, as well as a fantastic breakfast! We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We really loved this Residence Inn. Love the older style with detached buildings, feels like a condo. I think the older styles have better soundproofing. We had a penthouse suite which was perfect for our family. Like other Residence Inns, they welcomed our dogs. Breakfast each morning was delicious. Every employee was extremely friendly. My husband was walking the kids to the basketball court and a housekeeper stopped him and asked if our suite was okay. Impressive! The only recommendations I would make is additional trash cans toward the back of the hotel. There was broken glass in the grass and driveway. When it was time to pack up the cooler to checkout and leave, my husband knelt in front of the refrigerator to load the cooler. He yelled "Ow!" There was broken glass on the kitchen floor that the housekeeper missed or as the front desk staff told us, we brought in on our shoes. He cut his knee and finger. Disappointing way to end an otherwise wonderful stay. I wish the front desk would have offered some Neosporin and band aids, I felt she really didn't care. We really liked the hotel and will come back. Next time, I will inspect the floors before getting comfortable.

Stayed April 2014
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review. I'm so sorry your otherwise wonderful experience was marred at the end. Our staff has discussed this incident, and is working hard to prevent such an issue in the future. We are also intensifying some of our front desk response training, to ensure that all guests know that we really care about them. We hope to see you back soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

This establishment is immaculate. The staff goes above and beyond to ensure a pleasant stay. Complimentary dinners are delicious and our host, Sediqa, was very gracious and accomodating. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you're looking for a pleasant experience with a homey feeling.

• Stayed April 2014
Wow, thank you so much for your review! We are so pleased you were able to take advantage of our complimentary dinners served Monday through Wednesday. Sediqa does an excellent job! We hope to see you soon, when your travels bring you again to our fantastic city!
Latrobe, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Residence Inn while visiting my daughter in Ky. Her place is very small, so we have to get a hotel. First of all, I asked when we checked in if it would be Ok if my grandsons stayed with us while we were there and if I should pay extras for them to have the free breakfast. The manager kiddingly smacked me and said absolutely not! She actually made a point to stop and meet my grandsons the first morning they were there.
The room was CLEAN and very spacious. The staff from start to finish were the friendliest my husband and I have ever experienced during our travels. In fact, we commented how the "high end", expensive hotels should take training from this place on how to treat your guests.
I wished I would have caught all of their names, but the only staff that I did was Brenda who prepared the breakfast. She was a warm and friendly lady, who gave me grandsons special attention by giving the chocolate for their milk, whipped cream for their pancakes, and sent them off the last morning with a container of chocolate chip cookies. All of the food that was available was very good! I really cannot believe what you get for the price of this place!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thanks for your TripAdvisor review. It was a pleasure to meet you and your grandsons on your recent visit. I agree, Brenda certainly has a way of making our guests feel welcome and at home. I hope you will come back soon, and make sure you bring your grandsons by for breakfast!
Elgin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Recently stayed a week and found the Residence Inn very nice. Found it a bit odd that there were separate buildings for the number of rooms. Room itself was good size, open concept. Full kitchen with everything you need to cook a meal. They will even grocery shop for you if you give then a list. Breakfast was wonderful, all the time supervised by Miss Brenda. A small evening meal was offered Monday thru Wednesday. Walls are thin, you can clearly hear your neighbor. My only wish was to have more seating outside than picnic bench. Granted when I was there it was chilly so it might come out later. Staff was great. Thanks for a great week.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thanks so much for your review! We love the features of our "original" Residence Inn. I hope you can return this summer, after we have had a chance to put out our wonderful lawn and pool furniture. Hurry back!
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Reservation was made by the staff at the last Residence Inn I was at. Only stayed one night, just to break up the drive. A bit pricier than I am used to for Residence Inns. Had to reset the microwave before it would work. Take note, most restaurants nearby close no later than 10 PM so if you arrive late, dinner could be a problem.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front seem quieter.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Kristin H, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville East, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Franklin,

Thanks for posting a review. As I mentioned at checkout, that lock out of the microwave was a first for us on the property! So sorry it happened. Hope you can come back soon to visit.
Lake Orion, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

My Husband and I traveled to Louisville for business. Yvette Made us feel like we were at home. She is so amazingly uplifting you can't help but have a wonderful day when you see her. She is doing an above and beyond job. Brenda was so warm and friendly, she always started our day with a great breakfast and lovely smile. I would take them both home with me if I could. This hotel is truly blessed to have these two amazing women taking such excellent care of guests. We will most certainly stay here again, if for nothing else to see both of them again. Thank you so much for lovely stay

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Kristin H, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville East, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Thank you so much for your review on TripAdvisor. We are truly fortunate to have such a caring staff here, and I will pass on your compliments to both Yvette and Brenda. We hope to see you again when next you visit Louisville!

Been to Residence Inn Louisville East? Share your experiences!