“Excellent service, room, location and amenities - Will stay again!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Louisville East

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #17 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Cary
“Excellent service, room, location and amenities - Will stay again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this property during a difficult time, the last days of a family member from Louisville's life. As usual, the staff was friendly and concerned and did everything they could to make us feel at home and comfortable. Brenda's breakfast in the morning was excellent and Brenda was very kind to us. The operations manager, Yvette, also made sure we had everything we needed. The room was like a little apartment with an updated kitchen, just like home, which made a difference on our extended stay. It also had a separate master bedroom with closed doors for privacy and the beds are very clean and comfortable. The location is more than perfect to get a meal at great restaurants, even some within safe walking distance and tons of others just a short drive away, with any kind of food you would want. Of course, a meal is also served on weekdays right in the upstairs of the hotel lobby, and is excellent too! Kudos to the General Manager, Kristin! She and her staff know how to make each and every guest feel special and welcome. We will definitely stay here again, next time under better family circumstances maybe in warmer weather when we can enjoy the pool, basketball court or even use the gas grill on a nice night.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Kristin H, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville East, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thanks so much for your recent review on TripAdvisor. Although the circumstances for your visit were less than ideal, the staff was proud to go the extra mile to make you more comfortable, so you could focus on your family. We hope you WILL return this summer, when you can enjoy our outdoor space as well. We'll see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Devon, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Although slightly out of the way, the superior parking, quiet, and privacy make the 15 minute drive from the airport well worth it. The suite is like an apartment with adequate room. a decent kitchen, king size bed, and good bathroom. Additionally there is fast free Internet and breakfast. Combine all this with a welcoming and efficient staff and this hotel is a good one. Many restaurants within walking distance as well. They could use some feather pillows.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thanks so much for your recent review on TripAdvisor. I am so happy you enjoyed your apartment like suite. Those fully equipped kitchens come in handy for our guests who are here on long projects. Our staff here is extremely proud of our service, and I look forward to sharing your great comments with them. We look forward to seeing you again.
Bardstown, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

We had another great stay at this Inn. Sam at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. Our lodging was like a small apartment and very spacious & comfortable. Bed was comfortable but with too many pillows that ended up on the floor. Chose not to have breakfast because of the steps. I stayed at the Spring Hill Suites last week and this Inn is much better but the snacks are very expensive. I guess they think since you are there, you will just pay it. I went to a grocery and stocked up!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Luke,
Thanks you for another great review! I'm glad you enjoy our spacious rooms! The new beds really make a difference, and all of our guests are sleeping well! We hope you come back soon and see us!
Cadiz, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

I grew up in Louisville and remember when this place was built. I moved away years ago and traveled back this week for work. I was very impressed with the way they have been able to maintain the property. The rooms are updated, quiet and very clean. Will be back

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thanks so much for your review! As the "original" Residence Inn in Louisville, our unique layout provides our guests with that "apartment-like" feel. We take great pride in keeping our property looking fresh, and we appreciate your comments. I hope to see you back again when your travels bring you back to Louisville.
Augusta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

I stayed at the Residence Inn for almost 3 months running November 2013 - January 2014. The hotel staff was great. everyone learned my name very quickly. The breakfast was really good there. Brenda is an excellent cook. I was often upgraded to a loft. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room. You can hear the person above you walking.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Chris,
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We certainly enjoyed having you here, and being your "home away from home" during your recent travels to Louisville. We hope to see you back again when your travels bring you back to Louisville. Brenda will have that breakfast hot and ready!!
Southfield, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Brenda was the best cook ever!!! She was the friendliest person too... Brenda made me feel like family and what ever I wanted or needed I could have... Her scrambled eggs were scrambled to perfection. Her potatoes she made, oh my!!!!, both the red skin potato wedges and the potato with peppers, onions and sausage were delightful. I love well flavored and seasoned foods and everything she made was good.. Oh and I cant forget the biscuits and sausage gravy on Sunday when I checked out... Again I enjoyed myself and the breakfast cook hats off to Ms. Brenda... When you stop by tell her the McCloud's recommended her cooking and tell her hello for us!!!!

Room Tip: I prefer staying upstairs
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Kristin H, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville East, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you so much for your review on TripAdvisor. I agree, Brenda truly makes breakfast "the best meal of the day". I will so enjoy sharing your review with her and the entire staff. I hope you have an opportunity to return in the future, to again enjoy the excellent hospitality provided here at Residence Inn Louisville East! We look forward to it! Thanks again.
Royal Oak, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

So I got there one Monday night around 11pm.

My friend had been there just a week ago. So she goes first to front desk and ask if her 'old room' was available.
She's a "Platinum" member from their rewards program. So am I. The man told her that yes her 'old room' was available. A two bedroom.

Then I go in. I ask if they had any other room and that I had a rewards number. He tells me that the "ONLY" available room is the one with handicap assistance and that I would be able to change rooms the next day. I thought it was ok since I had made no reservations.

Next morning I wake up and realize I had NO HOT WATER. We're in single digits outside and there's no hot water in the room.

I called front desk and the lady told me that maintenance should come "later today". I told her that I had to work and I could not wait for them to show up "later". She tells me that she's going to talk to her manager.

5min later I get a call from the lady.

She told me she was outside my room and had one room available with hot water for me. The room was the one next door. At 7am.

So they didn't have a room available at 11pm but one with hot water at 7am?

I always stay in Marriott hotels and I have never experienced such a bad attention to the client like in this hotel. Not only that but the main lobby door is locked so it makes you feel you're not in the safest of the areas. Which is not true but still it's a bit shady.

Room Tip: Don't stay if it's snowing.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Kristin H, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville East, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear Esteban V.,

Please accept my apologies for the frustrations you experienced at the Residence Inn Louisville East. As I explained in the email I had previously sent you, unfortunately we did not have a Penthouse suite available when you checked in. As I understand it, your friend received a Penthouse suite because her reservation was made for that type of room, and we had put her in the same room as the week before because she had enjoyed it so much. As for the accessible room, it was truly the last room we had available at the time you checked in. We were fortunate that we had scheduled a housekeeper in early, who had already started cleaning rooms before you called regarding your hot water, allowing us to put the finishing touches on the room, and have the key to you within 10 minutes of your call. It was way too cold that morning to not have a hot shower, and I apologize once again for that issue. As for the area we are located in, I agree it is a safe neighborhood, but standard security procedures at any hotel require the entrances be locked after a certain time, and for us that is 10PM. We appreciate your comments and concerns, though, as it helps us improve our service. We wish you good luck in your future travels.

Been to Residence Inn Louisville East? Share your experiences!