“Helpful staff at a great property.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #13 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Louisville, Kentucky
“Helpful staff at a great property.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

I have stayed at this property on business in Louisville several times this year since March 2013 and have no hesitation in recommending it unreservedly. It is conveniently located close to several malls, restaurants and FedEx Office with easy access to I-64, I-264 and I-71 which are factors important in conducting business with my clients in Louisville and the surrounding counties, The Marriott chain of hotels prides itself on being "Business friendly" and this Marriott Residence Inn Louisville East is certainly that. On several occasions the Manager, Kristen, the assistant manager, Thais, as well as Matt, Tammy and Sam of the front office staff have gone "the extra mile" to help me in so many ways, whether it be photocopying, using the computer for composing and printing my daily reports or simply empathizing with me about the challenges I face with my daily commute or missing my beloved Bassett, Lilly, who is suffering from leg cancer. In addition, Yvette and the housekeeping staff do a superb job in keeping my room clean and comfortable while the maintenance guys, including John and Chris, keep everything working well. In addition, Brenda, Sadiqua and the staff at the sumptious breakfast as well as Mary at the enjoyable evening socials all treat me exceptionally well making me feel I am, indeed, "home away from home". Thanks to everyone for making my stays comfortable and productive. Keep up the great work!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Kristin H, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville East, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thanks so much for your review! We are so going to miss you over the holidays, as you have definitely become a member of our Residence Inn Family. We hope you are able to come back "home" to us after the holidays!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Bardstown, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We walked in and it was like having your own small apartment. The room was spacious, comfortable and well appointed. We had a full kitchen with stove and microwave, full size refrigerator, sofa bed and the most comfortable bed I have enjoyed in a long time.

The only downside, and not the hotels fault, was the "free" breakfast that was full of kids, playing in the food and running all over. We left and bought breakfast on the road.

We had made reservations at the Galt house but for the same price and glad we made the change. Plus this hotel didn't charge us $12 to park our car overnight. I would say this was a great price.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your recent review of our hotel. I am so pleased you enjoyed your room. I hope you have an opportunity in the future to visit us again. Brenda in breakfast would love you to be able to try her fantastic spread!
Lind, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Our group were originally booked to stay at the Residence Inn in downtown Louisville. Because of extended stays we were booked into the East Louisville instead. The rooms were clean and very nice. But the staff were excellent. One of our "neighbors" smoked in their room and it came into our room throughout the vents. The smell was really offensive to the kids. The staff did what they could to make us comfortable, bringing sprays and trying to find who the smoker was.
And then there was Brenda!!! Oh how we loved Brenda!! She is in charge of the breakfast buffet and Brenda made our mornings something that we all looked forward to. I was traveling with 8 teenagers and they are still talking about how nice Brenda was. And the food was awesome as well. We all wish we could wake up to a Brenda every day!! Thank you for the wonderful stay!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Kristin H, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville East, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We so enjoyed having your group here for the conference, and the staff was very proud when I read your review to them. I agree, Brenda is an asset to any hotel, and she does a great job making sure breakfast is wonderful, and everyone is taken care of. We hope to see your group next year for the conference.
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

This is to let you know that Brenda who handles your breakfast buffet is awesome. She is always friendly and has a smile for everyone. This helps to give a good start to everyone's day. There is definately a different atmosphere when she is not there. Brenda always makes sure there is a good seleciton of food and it is always well stocked. She is a valuable asset to the Residence Inn team.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review! Brenda was so proud to have her name mentioned on a review. She really does go above and beyond to make sure that all of our guests are taken care of. We look forward to your next visit, and we know you will only choose Residence Inn Louisville East! Thanks again.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

The people went out of their way to make you feel that you are at home. They bend over
backwards to make sure your stay is a great one
You must look out for the Appetizers or dinner. Its great.
Brelida is the Hotest and server for Breakfast was great.
I highly recommend them.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review in TripAdvisor. The staff certainly appreciates your warm comments regarding your stay. I am pleased you enjoyed our evening Social Hour, which we serve Monday through Wednesday night. We usually get a great turn out! Brenda also says "thanks" for the great mention! We hope to see you back again soon!
Loveland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I normally stay at another hotel when I am in Louisville. Due to a large local event I had to choose another hotel. Upon checking in I noticed that the location is not well lit at night. I went into my room and notices cobwebs in the corners and wrinkled curtain, a large Stink Bug on the wall and a floor lamp that could not be plugged in because it was not near an outlet. After this bug met his demise I left it for housekeeping to vacuum the next day. This bug corps along with the spiders in webs in a corner remained until Wednesday when I finally had to ask to have my room vacuumed. The man at the desk was not apologetic but he did send someone to vacuum right away. I do not feel that I should ever have to ask a hotel to properly clean their rooms. I have moved to another Marriott for next week.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
I am so sorry that we fell so far below expectations in your recent stay at our hotel. I agree that you should never have to ask to have your room cleaned properly, and it is disappointng to the staff that your room was not perfectly clean when you checked in. We have since taken steps to ensure that this does not happen to any guest in the future. I hope you will give us another chance to show you what kind of service we offer here at Residence Inn Louisville East! Thank you so much for your comments to help us improve.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I have been staying at the Residence Inn East Hotel for approximately (2) months and I have enjoyed every minute of my stay. I have met a lot of very nice peoples that work there, but most of all I would like to say that Mary Jefferson is one of a kind when it comes to performing her duties. She is very friendly and goes above and beyond to ensure she us very attentive to her customers, and most of all, she does it with a smile on her face at all time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Kristin H, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville East, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for your review! Mary is most assuredly an asset to this hotel, and she will be so pleased and proud to read your comments. She does an excellent job preparing the light evening meal on Monday through Wednesday. The staff has certainly enjoyed having you here with us the past couple of months. We hope you are taking time to enjoy many of the local attractions that Louisville has to offer. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Been to Residence Inn Louisville East? Share your experiences!