“No Elevators” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Nashville, TN
“No Elevators”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I arrived at the property after midnight to discover that it is an outdoor property. No elevators--I had requested an upper floor not realizing this so I had to carry my luggage up a couple flights of stairs. I was going to switch hotels the next morning but after having to unpack to get dressed, I decided to stay for the week instead of packing and unpacking. The complimentary breakfast is served in a separate building on the second floor so more stairs so beware if this is a problem.

It is an older design residence inn--everything is maintained and in working order.

Someone mentioned the noise from the street in an earlier review. I was close to the intersection and the noise level was not bad. The staff was very nice and accomodating. The room was fine--spacious, clean. Honest cleaning staff. I left something behind and called a couple days later--it was in lost and found and was mailed to me!!

As a single female traveling solo, the outside entrances make me nervous. However this hotel seemed safe, quiet--no problems. Other business travelers and families were guests at the hotel. Overall, a comfortable, convenient option in Louisville.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Kristin H, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville East, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear ResortSpaLady,
Thank you for your kind review of your time with us! Even though you were not familiar with our style of Residence Inns, I am happy you had a comfortable stay. We are one the first Residence Inns to be opened so all of our rooms are apartment like with private entrances. And because it has been recently renovated, our guests can enjoy the comforts of a new hotel room in a home like setting.
For your convenience, you can visit www.marriott.com to see pictures of any of our properties worldwide so you can familiarize yourself with the hotel style before your arrival. Thank you for your business and safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Lima, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We travel a lot and always stay at a Marriott brand...and always great experiences. Sam at the Residence Inn Louisville East went beyond the call of duty! Also the facilities were just great. Thanks Sam and Marriott... as always you exceed our expectations!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Kristin H, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville East, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent review! We are all so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you as well for mentioning Sam, who does such an excellent job taking care of our guests. Our staff takes pride in this hotel, and we love that you had such a memorable stay. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Louisville.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

This was an overall acceptable experience but nothing that would make you want to go out of your way to return.

The good:
The property overall was in average condition. The property seemed that it had a few years on it but it was maintained decently. Nothing exceptional but nothing that was glaringly wrong. The rooms were in the same condition: well kept but not exceptional. The pool seemed decent but again - just another average and smaller pool. It was closed so we weren't able to swim but it was a nice option along with a basketball court next to it.

The bad:
There really wasn't anything bad about this hotel. All was ok but nothing stood out to me as being note worthy.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
We were so dismayed to read your recent review of our hotel. I am so sorry that you did not feel your experience was a positive memory, as that is the goal of our entire staff here. You have recharged us in our pursuit of 100% customer satisfaction. We hope you will take an opportunity in the future to visit us again, to experience the service that so many other reviewers can't stop talking about!
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed several weeks at the Residence Inn and the rooms were very spacious and comfortable. The towels, which I don't take for granted, were plentiful and plush. This hotel has all townhouse like rooms, so there's no waiting for an elevator, which is good.

The staff is very friendly and accommodating.

Although there is no on-site workout room, they do provide passes to a nearby gym.

Room Tip: A few of the buildings front a busy street, so if you want quiet, request a room away from the stree...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Kristin H, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville East, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We certainly enjoyed having you here for the past month or so on business. We sure miss you at breakfast each morning! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again for vacation, so you will be able to better enjoy the fantastic experiences that Louisville can provide!
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

This hotel deserves a 5 star rating. The staff has the customer's best interest at heart. Some hotel's staff goes through the motion since it's their job, but everyone at this place each customer with superior service.

I came to the hotel earlier in the day since I had a very bad experience at another hotel in town. I apologized to Stacy at the front desk for arriving early, but she immediately put me at ease by asking me to sit in the lobby, offering fresh coffee and juice while she got the cleaning staff to prepare a room for me. When I arrived, their were two cleaning people waiting for me and wanted me to go through the room to make sure it was clean and acceptable.

The premises are spotless, and very quiet. I loved staying in my studio suite. Made me feel like i was sort of at home or at least in an apartment instead of a crowded hotel. Don't pass up on this hotel and their wonderful staff. Been traveling for 34 years and this place is at the top of my list!

Room Tip: Tell them that you want a quieter area and they will make sure you are located in a quiet place.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for posting a review on TripAdvisor! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. It is extremely rewarding for me to see associates stand out enough to be mentioned personally in a review, and Stacy is well deserving of a mention. We hope you will come visit us again soon. We will take the BEST care of you!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

The breakfast here is a real stand- out! Annie, who served our ample & good breakfast was
Extremely charming and nice to my family. She and Sediqa kept the food fresh and fully stocked even late in the morning. The room is really an apartment with enough room and privacy for my Dad, my husband, our toddler and myself to all stay in total comfort. This place is a deal.

• Stayed August 2013
Kristin H, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville East, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thanks so much for posting a review of your wonderful stay at our hotel. Annie and Sediqa are so pleased that you and your family enjoyed their breakfast. I agree, the Penthouse suite is perfect for a family traveling together: space, as well as privacy! We hope you come back and visit again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We chose this hotel based on TripAdvisor comments. We lucked into choosing a hotel in a quiet location near lots of restaurants and shopping. The breakfast buffet had good variety and quality. We especially enjoyed the yogurt & granola parfait.

The hotel was 20 minutes from Churchill Downs, 10 minutes fom Trader Joe's and 1 hour from Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, which we recommend to families with children or any horse lover.

We'll stay here again if we return to Louisville.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Kristin H, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville East, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I agree, our location is perfect place to stay when visiting the local attractions; quiet neighborhood, but just minutes from shopping and restaurants. Thanks so much for giving us a try, and we hope to see you again when you next visit Louisville.

Been to Residence Inn Louisville East? Share your experiences!