“Spacious Rooms, Friendly Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #17 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Spacious Rooms, Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed several weeks at the Residence Inn and the rooms were very spacious and comfortable. The towels, which I don't take for granted, were plentiful and plush. This hotel has all townhouse like rooms, so there's no waiting for an elevator, which is good.

The staff is very friendly and accommodating.

Although there is no on-site workout room, they do provide passes to a nearby gym.

Room Tip: A few of the buildings front a busy street, so if you want quiet, request a room away from the stree...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Kristin H, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville East, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We certainly enjoyed having you here for the past month or so on business. We sure miss you at breakfast each morning! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again for vacation, so you will be able to better enjoy the fantastic experiences that Louisville can provide!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

This hotel deserves a 5 star rating. The staff has the customer's best interest at heart. Some hotel's staff goes through the motion since it's their job, but everyone at this place each customer with superior service.

I came to the hotel earlier in the day since I had a very bad experience at another hotel in town. I apologized to Stacy at the front desk for arriving early, but she immediately put me at ease by asking me to sit in the lobby, offering fresh coffee and juice while she got the cleaning staff to prepare a room for me. When I arrived, their were two cleaning people waiting for me and wanted me to go through the room to make sure it was clean and acceptable.

The premises are spotless, and very quiet. I loved staying in my studio suite. Made me feel like i was sort of at home or at least in an apartment instead of a crowded hotel. Don't pass up on this hotel and their wonderful staff. Been traveling for 34 years and this place is at the top of my list!

Room Tip: Tell them that you want a quieter area and they will make sure you are located in a quiet place.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for posting a review on TripAdvisor! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. It is extremely rewarding for me to see associates stand out enough to be mentioned personally in a review, and Stacy is well deserving of a mention. We hope you will come visit us again soon. We will take the BEST care of you!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

The breakfast here is a real stand- out! Annie, who served our ample & good breakfast was
Extremely charming and nice to my family. She and Sediqa kept the food fresh and fully stocked even late in the morning. The room is really an apartment with enough room and privacy for my Dad, my husband, our toddler and myself to all stay in total comfort. This place is a deal.

• Stayed August 2013
Kristin H, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville East, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thanks so much for posting a review of your wonderful stay at our hotel. Annie and Sediqa are so pleased that you and your family enjoyed their breakfast. I agree, the Penthouse suite is perfect for a family traveling together: space, as well as privacy! We hope you come back and visit again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We chose this hotel based on TripAdvisor comments. We lucked into choosing a hotel in a quiet location near lots of restaurants and shopping. The breakfast buffet had good variety and quality. We especially enjoyed the yogurt & granola parfait.

The hotel was 20 minutes from Churchill Downs, 10 minutes fom Trader Joe's and 1 hour from Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, which we recommend to families with children or any horse lover.

We'll stay here again if we return to Louisville.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Kristin H, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville East, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I agree, our location is perfect place to stay when visiting the local attractions; quiet neighborhood, but just minutes from shopping and restaurants. Thanks so much for giving us a try, and we hope to see you again when you next visit Louisville.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We have three children so we booked a "2 bedroom". But it was actually one bedroom and a loft. It was very spacious but not what we were expecting. The worst part for me was the animal hair everywhere! We have allergies to certain animals so we were very upset to see our toddler with pet hair all over him as well as our suitcases etc. It looked as if the place hadn't been cleaned. Which made me wonder about the sheets towels etc... We were scheduled there for 3 nights and shortly after check in we cancelled our 2 remaining nights. Would've left right then but couldn't find another place.

• Stayed July 2013
Thanks for writing to share your past experience at our hotel. I am very disappointed that we did not deliver on the level of service that we are known for. Please accept our apologies for falling short and know that we will refocus our energies on not letting it happen again. If you are back in the area we hope you will give us an opportunity to show you our award winning service!
Fords, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

We had a two floor suite with a queen up stairs and a private bedroom with queen down. Modern appliances and countertops. Living room with fireplace. Very comfy beds. The basket ball court was a plus for our teenager to blow off some road trIp steam. Ice cold a/c a plus! Breakfast was good and the lady taking care of the food area was extra friendly- wish we got her name. The only down side I could see was if you can't do stairs you can't do breakfast, since its is served on the second floor of the main building. Many food choices nearby and this part of Louisville is safe. Would stay again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kristin H, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville East, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! I agree, the Penthouse Suite is perfect for a family, with it's spaciousness, without loss of privacy. I have forwarded to Brenda (our breakfast attendant) your comments regarding her excellent breakfast, and she was beaming! We can't wait until your next visit!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Beautiful place to stay, great staff and Ms brenda was the best. she made my group feel like we were right at home.I loved the area was very close to the job and most of all close to shopping and fine dinning.I was ther from June 9th til July 3rd and would be back ther again.

Room Tip: Stay at the Resident Inn, Louisville,Ky the staff is the great.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thanks so much for posting your review on TripAdvisor! We were so pleased to host your group during your time here in Louisville, and Ms. Brenda already misses all of you at breakfast! We hope to see you again next time you travel to Louisville!

Been to Residence Inn Louisville East? Share your experiences!