“Awesome staff & excellent stay” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #25 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Winston Salem
“Awesome staff & excellent stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

First, I would like to thank all the staff at Residence Inn - Christa, could see I was tired and she was very very efficient, professional and friendly as I checked in at 2am due to delayed flights... Paula and Emily every day asked, "how was the stay going and if there was anything they could do to make our stay more comfortable"...... The entire staff was very accommodating. My stay was for my daughter's surgery. Even John, hotel manager, and Owen, the shuttle driver were tremendous help. They were there when I needed help getting my daughter to the room. I cannot say enough thanks to everybody there!

U of L - I hope you read and recommend Residence Inn for parents, family and friends for whatever reason brings them to Louisville.

I am returning for a future stay in February if that gives you any indication to the quality Marriott puts in its people and their hotels.

Room Tip: Please be patient with hotel and staff. Hotel is undergoing renovations. What is complete is absolu...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Lynn M, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear Christine,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. I was glad to hear that my staff made your stay so comfortable and we appreciate you mentioning them by name. I will most certainly share your comments with them. We enjoy having our guests from the University and I hope you will return in the future so you can see the finished product. I am glad our renovation was not too much of a bother for you.

Lynn Manning

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Hotel is an average Residence Inn compared to others. However the proximity to the airport could be a problem for you if you are a sensitive sleeper. The UPS hub is located in Louisville and UPS runs throughout the night. Good location if you need to be by the airport or Kentucky Fair Grounds. Free breakfast in the mornings and snacks in the evening are a nice touch.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Lynn M, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Hi Stan,

Thank you for taking the time to write of your experience at our hotel. I am glad you were able to enjoy the breakfast and hospitaslity hour. I apologize for the airport noise from UPS. They change their flight patterns and sometimes it makes the outside facing rooms louder than others. I hope you will say with us again in the future and please request an inside room which will be away from the air traffic.

Have a Happy New Year !
Lossiemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We came from Scotland to the NQC in Louisville and stayed in this hotel for 8 nights. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and thought the hotel was excellent. Everyone was very friendly and helpful, especially Doris who looked after us at breakfast and also the trainee receptionist. Thank you all and we would definately stay again if returning to Louisville.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Lynn M, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Angela,
Wow, all the way from Scotland ! I certainly hope you enjoyed Louisville while you were here. I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments on trip advisor. It is our goal to make sure every guest is happy and I am glad we were able to meet your expectations during the Quartet Convention. We are sorry to see it go to TN but maybe we will see you again in Louisville.
Safe Travels :)
Yorktown, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Everything was virtually perfect. All staff members went well beyond call of duty. Breakfast & servers great! Desk folks extremely helpful & patient. 24-hour shuttle drivers to Expo Center & restaurants prompt & very friendly! Cleaning staff responded to requests quickly! Love the rooms with all the comforts of home. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Louisville, KY!!!! :)

Room Tip: Stayed in both buildings! Both were fine! Stayed 4 times once each year.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Ms.Deb,

Thank you taking the time to review our hotel. I will definitely share your comments with the staff so they know what an impact great customer service has had on our guests, especially on our return guests. Thank you for sharing your comments and we look forward to seeing you in the future if you return to Louisville.

Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

we stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in September and was very pleased with the accomodations. The staff was very friendly and everyone we met appeared to love what they do. The room was very clean, towels soft and fluffy, beds comfortable and the breakfast was great.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 5Friends,
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay. I will definitely share your positive comments about the staff with them. Our goal is to ensure all of our guest have a great experience when staying at our hotel.
We hope to see you again soon.
Elgin, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

After a week in Charleston and driving for 10 hours we were thrilled to stop at one of our favorite hotels. Again the staff was wonderful. The accommodations were great, the breakfast good, and a great night's sleep was the best.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the parking lot away from the expressway.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Mr Vogel,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.

Thanks for sharing your comments, and I will share them with my staff.

Arlington, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I'm generally an easy grader when it comes to these reviews, and most hotels have plenty of small issues that I normally look past. But in this case, because this hotel failed on the only thing that matters - giving people a good night's sleep - I'm going to throw in all those small things too.

Biggest problem is the room design. In my case, room 321 has an a/c unit motor inside one of the bedroom closets. It kicks on and off loudly and frequently. That's fine when no one's in the room, but when you're actually trying to sleep with that commotion, well, you can't. I had the worst night's sleep I've ever had at a Marriott property in that room.

Now for all the small things. Again, if you can actually get some sleep at this hotel these wouldn't matter so much. But since you can't, these become noticeable:
* The 3rd floor lobby, when you exit the elevator, smells like vomit (note to hotel staff - it's time to break out that steam cleaner!)
* Room 321 toilet seat is broken
* Room 321 toilet takes a ridiculously long time to fill. It's loud and obnoxious.
* Room 321 iron is broken
* Room 321 remote control doesn't work

On a bright note, the hotel's happy hour and breakfast were decent.

If you're a rewards member and looking to stay in the Marriott hotel chain, do yourself a favor and skip this hotel and stay next door at the SpringHill Suites or Courtyard.

Room Tip: Avoid Room 321, and this entire hotel, like the plague.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Lynn M, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Frequent Traveler,

I'm truly sorry your stay wasn't up to your standards, nor did we live up to ours. There was a World Championship horse show across the street at the Convention Center that had just finished up and actually Coit was scheduled the day you departed to professionally clean the hallways. That is not our usual standard and it is our goal to ensure every guest has a comfortable and problem free stay. In your case that didn't seem to happen. I appreciate you letting me know of the items in the room that were not working properly so we could repair them immediately. We would like to have the opportunity to have a second chance to provide you better service in the future!

Lynn Manning

Been to Residence Inn Louisville Airport? Share your experiences!