“Outstanding service!” 5 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Ranked #28 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
“Outstanding service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Holly provided excellent and friendly service when we checked in and helped us get a very nice dinner from Spinelli's. Krista was also very helpful - her beautiful simple is emblematic of the entire staff.

• Stayed August 2013
Lynn M, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Loyal Customer,
Thank you for taking the time to share your pleasant experience at our hotel. I will definitely share your comments with Holly and Krista. We pride ourselves on our customer service and I am sure they will be happy to hear they did not disappoint !

Lynn Manning

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Phenix City, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have been staying at this property for over 7 years. They have a very friendly and helpful staff. The hotel is always clean and well maintained. I would recommend this property to anyone visiting Louisville, KY.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Lynn M, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear L1L2,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We have certainly enjoyed having you as a repeat guest over the last seven years (Wow, can't believe it's been that long) and we hope there will be another seven on the horizon. We look forward to your visits and appreciate your business !! Here's to the salt life, even in Alabama :)
Safe travels !
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I didn't have any problems with the staff. The staff is very accommodating.The amenities are quite nice as well. Pool, above average breakfast, food to purchase on the go, shuttle service... However, I do think their housekeeping service can do a better job with the cleanliness of their towels and linens. I found some stains on my bed sheets and when I asked front desk to replace, they did. However, the next morning I wake up to find little curly hairs on my towels. I guess they weren't properly washed or inspected afterwards. I wasn't able to say anything to front desk the next day as I was leaving for my flight.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post this review on Trip advisor. I was quite disappointed when I read about the issues you had with your linen as that is not our usual standard. After receiving another similar review, I wanted to let you know we made some changes in our laundry and inspection procedures to ensure our future travelers do not experience the same issues. I am sorry you were not able to experience our usual high standards and I hope you will visit us again in the future to see the improvements.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I travel to Kentucky every year for the Derby (& past Breeders Cups). The staff always welcome me & take great care to make sure I have an outstanding stay. One time I ended up at Churchill Downs without my cell phones & they managed to have them delivered in a taxi. My rooms have always been perfect. Derby week can be stressful and long hours are involved. At times, when I come in late, they make sure I get a dinner plate even though the food has been put away. The entire staff are professional, attentive & friendly. Whether it's 5AM or 11PM they make sure everything is ok. I would never stay anywhere else - this Residence Inn is my sanctuary during Derby week. I am a writer and love having peace and quiet to focus. I come back to the hotel, turn on the fireplace, and am grateful that I have a quiet place to write my stories. Plus having TVG and HRTV on the television is FABULOUS for those of us in the horse racing business. Thank you!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you Ms. Julie for the wonderful feedback! We also enjoy having you with us every year and I was glad to read how much you enjoy being here. It was nice catching up with you in the gatehouse during our reception hour. I hope the book is coming along, have a great rest of 2013 and we'll look forward to next year's visit :)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stayed for 3 nights here and it was a great experience. The hotel offers a shuttle that will take you anywhere within a 3 mile radius. I must have used the shuttle for about 15 trips during my 3 days. The shuttle will pick you up and drop you off from the airport. It will take you to neighboring hotels to visit friends. It will also drive you to restaurants that are close by and for fast food places, the driver will often wait for you to get your food and drive you back immediately. I even saw a driver go through the drive-in line with a client! That's service! The hotel has a moderate sized outdoor pool and a small tennis/basketball court.

The rooms are all large and comfortable. They were clean and well-maintained. The hotel is near the airport, so expect some plane noise, especially if you are on the top floor. This airport is a hub for UPS, so planes come in at all hours. I would recommend a room on the second floor if possible. Also, it is near the highway, so if you stay in building one, try to get a room on the side that faces the parking lot.

The front desk workers were all very helpful and provided fast and efficient service. I would be very happy to stay here again.

Room Tip: For good sleep and a quiet room, stay on the second floor in building #2
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Lynn M, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for putting a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the feedback. I was glad to read you were able to take advantage of the complimentary shuttle service. We look forward to seeing you on your future travles to Louisville.

Bad Schonborn, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I just stayed there for one night and I arrived late, so I didn't ask for a room change at the reception because of the dirty linens on the bed, I'm sure they would have changed it immediately. Anyway, the arrival and departure experience was great, very friendly staff. Being in the room I just wanted to go to bed but by removing the cover sheet I saw the dirty linen. Well, being too tired to change rooms I just grabbed wto towels and then slept on them. The apartment itself was clean and what I expected.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Lynn M, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Vordenbaeumen,

I appreciate you taking the time to write your review on trip advisor. I am so sorry that the linens on your bed were not as they should have been. That is not our usual standard and I will address it with the laundry staff. We take pride in great customer service and clean linnens and we do not take it lightly when we fall short of our usual Marriott standards. I hope you will stay with us again so we may show you our usual standards in your suite. Thank you for the wonderful comments about the staff and your arrival experince.

Lynn Manning,
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

The rooms were big and clean. The staff was extremely helpful and always available. The continental breakfast was also great. The location was very convenient - close to the airport and expo - and the hotel provided a great shuttle to drive you to restaurants and such within a 3 mile radius. Downtown was also only a 15 minute/$18 flat rate cab ride away. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear bd Kehoe,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am glad you liked you suite and that you were able to enjoy the breakfast and that you found our location convenient. We are only a short six miles from the downtown area.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again on your future travels.

Lynn Manning

Been to Residence Inn Louisville Airport? Share your experiences!