“Good stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sleep Inn Louisville Preston Hwy

You added Sleep Inn Louisville Preston Hwy to your Saves list
Sleep Inn Louisville Preston Hwy
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3330 Preston Hwy, Gate #6, Louisville, KY 40213 (South Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #55 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
New York
“Good stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Had a very nice stay here, somewhat reasonably priced, would be nice if it was a touch more inexpensive; but the staff couldn't have been any nicer, particularly the young lady who checked us in on the 2nd shift. Neighborhood is ok, nothing to write home about but was ok for us, and it was within 15 mins of Churchill down, and 5 mins of U. of Louisville. Room was basic, clean,bed and pillows perfectly fine. Certainly not a 4 star hotel, but perfectly fine to stay in for a few nights.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

We booked a room at the Sleep In Louisville on 3330 Preston Highway back in August of 2013 for Kentucky Derby Weekend May 2-4, 2014. I was excited that the hotel offered two night stays and seemed like a good location and for derby weekend and an okay price. I booked a room for 3 adults, a queen suite with pullout and 2 bathrooms. We arrived on Friday, May 2 around 7:00 p.m after traveling from Chicago and were first disappointed to find that the Derby giveaway that was being handed out was only for 2 people and when I asked for a third glass the hotel staff seemed surprised, why would I want 3? I explained that my reservation was for 3 adults, it seemed appropriate that we would have an item for each guest. I know this is not a big deal, and I normally would not write to complain about it, but I am adding it my list of stupid that the front desk presented to us for the weekend. It was nice that the hotel offered a give-away, but it seems to be in-line with the lack of customer service and training that is being offered by the front desk staff that they didn’t pay attention to how many people are in a room. Seems like hospitality 101 that you have an item for each guest that is booked on the reservation. The front desk, did ultimately tell us that the ‘manager said it was okay to give us a third glass’ and gave us a third as we were unloading the car, but it kind of feels like a gee thanks at that point….
I wouldn’t be writing if that was the only hiccup. But we were given the keys to our room and we walked into the room, to be greeted by the worst odor you can image coming from the bathroom, as if someone had just used the faculties and they had severe stomach issues. Very welcoming….. Then we realized that the foul smelling bathroom was the only bathroom in the room. I went back to the front desk where the guy tries to tell me that because the room has a queen sized bed and pull out it is the room that I reserved. I show him my reservation, which clearly says queen suite, 2 bathrooms and if the room doesn’t have 2 bathrooms, then no that is not the same room type that I reserved. He finally agrees with me and changes the room. I am still trying to figure that out, if you have a queen suite with 2 bathrooms, and that’s what I reserved then why wasn’t I given that to start with. So we go back get our stuff and change rooms, that’s fun to do after a 6 hour car ride. And then of course, even though I asked when we changed rooms, I had to go back to the front desk to request the bedding for the pull out.
Then on Sunday afternoon after we check out, our friend’s travel plans changed and she needed to stay in town a bit longer and asks to book a room for two more nights (and this process is just too much stupid to put in writing, let’s just say that more training is needed, lots more training). We just paid triple the normal room rate to stay two nights and now need two more nights and they can’t seem to figure out how to make this happen, really was the hotel full for the Sunday after Derby? She did get a room, but it's the way that they handle things that is just not neccessary.
Then Sunday night around 6 our friend is coming down to go to dinner and apparently the front lobby had just been mopped, but no signage was put up and she slipped and fell in the lobby bruising her knees and elbows significantly. And instead of apologizing, offering to help, or any other of a hundred kind and professional things that could have been done, the guy at the front desk says he is going to review the security tape because he doesn’t believe her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And then the following day offers to comp one night, ‘because well why should I offer more than one night, what will that change?”
I just can’t figure this out every single person we encountered in Louisville during derby week was so kind and friendly. Where are they getting these front desk people from and who is training them? We would have given some slack it being such a busy weekend, but the front desk people told us this isn’t the busiest weekend at all, they sell out all the time because of the expo center, really, I can’t image.
That being said I will complement the women that are part of the cleaning staff as being very friendly and helpful, even on what I’m sure is a very busy weekend for them, they were helpful with getting extra items for the room and very pleasant and had a great system for derby day of asking if we needed extra items instead of trying to clean rooms with so many of us staying in rooms till the afternoon.
My friends and I travel a lot for both business and pleasure and will hesitate long and hard before I ever book another room at a Choice Hotel (it’d have to be the only option). I can’t risk having a holiday marred by having to deal with such incompetence and rudeness. I wish I could get my money back for this weekend or erase some of the stupid that we dealt with. I wish the chain would invest in training the front desk staff instead of offering goody bags.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Frankfort, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Arrived April 4th, 2014. Bad odor in lobby and room. No toilet paper. No lock on bathroom door.
Pulled back sheet: TOENAIL in the bed! Bed pillow so lumpy, it was like sleeping on a sack of potatoes. Breakfast: no milk for cereal, no batter for waffles, cold gravy with biscuits. Will never stay here again. Would have left, but in town for conference, sharing room with 3 others and splitting the bill.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
dayton ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

The room I stayed in was a king bed and as I entered the room I noticed that the door was loose. Once I was in I realized that it's like someone cut the door wrong. I could see into the hallway from the bottom half of the door. There was about a 1 inch gap. The room was clean, although the bed was hard as a rock. I slid a chair in place in front of the door to keep anyone from peeping in. Breakfast left a lot to be desired. They had biscuits and gravy but it was not edible. The gravy was still cold. The muffins were ok.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I've been stuck in Louisville for weeks at a time, in major pain while having dental work and the staff at this place is absolutely amazing!!! Picked it at first only because of the outdoor pool-the only one around!!! Extra pillows, towels... Anything I need brought up immediately!!! On one of my trips 5 minutes after I got my luggage in the room I noticed the ac was out. I went downstairs to tell them and before I could get back up to the room to get my stuff I has a little girl standing in the hall I with my new door card telling me where my new room was. My luggage had already been moved, the ac was on high cool and the pillows I had requested were piled neatly on the bed. I highly recommend this place!!!!!

Room Tip: We like to watch the planes from the pool!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Brandon F, General Manager at Sleep Inn Louisville Preston Hwy, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind comments. We strive to provide our guests with an experience they can’t receive at any other hotel. We take great pride in knowing we were able to provide that experience for you. I have shared your comments with our entire team and we shared many high fives that we were able to make such an impression on you. We look forward to your next visit and can’t wait to WOW you again!
albany ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

Nice big room, clean. Front desk staff Diamond was wonderful, what a nice young lady. Breakfast was good. Nice workout room. Conviently located too. Would stay here again. There is a nice pool outdoors but too cold to use.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Brandon F, General Manager at Sleep Inn Louisville Preston Hwy, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We strive to provide excellent service for our guests. We are very glad we were able to exceed your expectations. Diamond does a great job caring for our guests and she was very thankful for your compliment. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to our exciting city.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

The Sleep Inn Louisville, KY, Preston Hwy was recommended by a friend. We had an event at the Ky Exposition Center and this hotel is next door to the Exosition Center. The Staff was very hepful and friendly, the hotel was very clean, and the price and location were excellent! I will stay here again any time I am in Louisville, KY! Its a great hotel wih a GREAT staff!

Jim K.

Room Tip: 2ndfloor would probably be quieter at night!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Judy O, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn Louisville Preston Hwy, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
So glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us. As you mentioned; our price and location in central Louisville make us the perfect choice if you are attending something at The Kentucky Fair and Exposition Center, Churchill Downs or Papa John’s Stadium. We pride ourselves on our hospitality and want everyone to have the best possible experience. Hope to see you again, soon.

Best Wishes,

Judy

Been to Sleep Inn Louisville Preston Hwy? Share your experiences!