“Great place and price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sleep Inn Louisville Preston Hwy

You added Sleep Inn Louisville Preston Hwy to your Saves list
Sleep Inn Louisville Preston Hwy
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3330 Preston Hwy, Gate #6, Louisville, KY 40213 (South Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #55 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
albany ny
“Great place and price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

Nice big room, clean. Front desk staff Diamond was wonderful, what a nice young lady. Breakfast was good. Nice workout room. Conviently located too. Would stay here again. There is a nice pool outdoors but too cold to use.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Brandon F, General Manager at Sleep Inn Louisville Preston Hwy, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We strive to provide excellent service for our guests. We are very glad we were able to exceed your expectations. Diamond does a great job caring for our guests and she was very thankful for your compliment. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to our exciting city.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

The Sleep Inn Louisville, KY, Preston Hwy was recommended by a friend. We had an event at the Ky Exposition Center and this hotel is next door to the Exosition Center. The Staff was very hepful and friendly, the hotel was very clean, and the price and location were excellent! I will stay here again any time I am in Louisville, KY! Its a great hotel wih a GREAT staff!

Jim K.

Room Tip: 2ndfloor would probably be quieter at night!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Judy O, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn Louisville Preston Hwy, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
So glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us. As you mentioned; our price and location in central Louisville make us the perfect choice if you are attending something at The Kentucky Fair and Exposition Center, Churchill Downs or Papa John’s Stadium. We pride ourselves on our hospitality and want everyone to have the best possible experience. Hope to see you again, soon.

Best Wishes,

Judy
Stoughton, Wisconsin, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Checked in late evening and much to my surprise I was put in a room with no microwave or refrigerator. The fact that half the rooms there are not equipped with these items is unusual for this chain. I am a high priority Choice member and expect mush more. When I inquired about this, the front desk staff member became very defensive and argumentative even though my query was relatively casual in nature. the room was really run down and clean enough but not clean by definition.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Judy O, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn Louisville Preston Hwy, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
As a High Priority Choice Member, you are very important to the Choice Brand. Part of the great perks that go with your status are free upgrades when possible and a determined effort to make your stay the best possible experience. Please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience during your recent trip and hope that future trips will be more pleasant.
I noticed from your other Trip Advisor reviews that you appear to travel a lot and your expectations of the places your stay are based on what each particular brand standard is.
I am currently looking into rooms not having appliances in them as all of our rooms do come equipped and will make sure all deficits are handled immediately. As well as taking time to have a training moment with staff in procedures when issues need to be addressed. Thank you so much for taking the time to bring these things to our attention and giving us a chance to improve your home away from home.
I would be very interested in discussing this further with you, if you would like to contact me at the hotel at 502.368.9597. Please allow me the opportunity to make this up to you.
MD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there horrible staff. When I askedbFront desk manager a couple of questions she was smart we had words she imformed me she didn't get paid enough to put up with bull s....t really you are a hotel be prepared for request. No customer service at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013
I read your comments and find them both alarming and concerning. Customer service is something we pride ourselves on and I would like to get to the bottom of this immediately.
I would very much like to make this up to you, and have sent a private email with our contact information. Please give us the opportunity to handle this from a management level.
Fort Collins, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Our recent 2-night stay was comfortable, and probably all we expected for the fairly attractive price. The room was clean but felt a little smaller than average. The breakfast was typical of those provided by the chain. Staff at the desk was helpful and courteous at our check-in. But when we got to our room I noticed that the "message light" on our phone was on, so I called the front desk to see what was up. The answer I got was that "there probably is no message there and it has been lighted for days, since I don't know how to turn it off". We were frankly not expecting messages at the hotel, but I hated to just ignore the message light for 2 days. (I did relay this to the desk the next morning at breakfast time and the message light was checked and turned off by the time we got back to our room.) Later in the evening my wife wanted to use the hotel's Wi-Fi, but found 2 separate signals which at first seemed to need a password. She called the desk and asked which Wi-Fi signal to choose and what the password was. The answer was "I don't know anything about the Wi-Fi", a somewhat surprising lack of assistance. (We eventually picked one of the signals and were able to get in without a password.)

Finally, as a safety professional I was a bit concerned that the fire-rated doors on the second floor between the lobby area and the rooms seemed to be continuously propped open while we were there. I understand that their position somewhat masked the location of the room corridor and impeded people with suitcases getting through. But fire-rated doors are generally part of the design of a public space to prevent the spread of a possible fire and to provide safe egress for patrons. The hotel should consider a more permanent fix (i.e., like magnet "hold-opens" tied into the fire alarm system) instead of using a chair.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Judy O, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn Louisville Preston Hwy, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thanks so much for your recent stay at the Sleep Inn and Suites Airport in Louisville, KY. As a value hotel, you are correct in that the spaces are a bit smaller than larger chain hotels. Our housekeeping staff works hard to make the rooms are as comfortable as possible, so your stay is enjoyable. With our upcoming Home For The Holiday promotion we will offer great rates for those wishing to visit our city and be close to relatives without staying in their homes. Our feeling is this will make the holidays very enjoyable.
Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention and we used this as a training moment for our staff in hopes to prevent any future incidents. To remove all temptation of using the chair to prop the door, we have removed the it from the area and appreciate your advice. Hope you will come see us again and let us know how we are doing with our improvements.
Harrisville,RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We were just in Louisville,KY and stayed @ the Sleep Inn and Suites on Preston Highway. We have stayed there every year for the last 10, but this year was different. The hotel is being re-staffed and the customer service is second to none. We have stayed in 4 star hotels where the managers did not strive to accomodate the needs of guests. Breakfast is included in he daily rate and consisted of fresh scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon waffles,etc.There were fresh baked cookies, lemonade, and popcorn every night. The hotel was, by far, the best it has ever been. Michele and Judy,see you next year!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Judy O, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn Louisville Preston Hwy, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Many thanks for taking time to write a review on Trip Advisor. It is our privlege to make sure your stay is memorable in all the best ways. I speak for our new team when I say we are thankful for your continued loyalty and we too look forward to your return next year.
Alcoa, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Really nice room. Clean. Very friendly staff. Property is clean. Price is great. Location is great. Would stay here again. Not very hard to find. Very close to the expo center. I would walk if I needed to. Walking distance to a store, Taco Bell and McDonalds.

Room Tip: i had a pool view. Nice
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Judy O, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn Louisville Preston Hwy, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. I am so pleased you discovered some of the wonderful ammenities in close proximity to the hotel. It is always good to find things you need close at hand when traveling. Our hope is you will consider us when you return to town again.
Caring Is Our Privilege.

Judy

Been to Sleep Inn Louisville Preston Hwy? Share your experiences!