“Comfortable, but . . .” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sleep Inn Louisville Preston Hwy

Save Saved
You added Sleep Inn Louisville Preston Hwy to your Saves list
Sleep Inn Louisville Preston Hwy
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3330 Preston Hwy, Gate #6, Louisville, KY 40213 (South Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #55 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Comfortable, but . . .”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Our recent 2-night stay was comfortable, and probably all we expected for the fairly attractive price. The room was clean but felt a little smaller than average. The breakfast was typical of those provided by the chain. Staff at the desk was helpful and courteous at our check-in. But when we got to our room I noticed that the "message light" on our phone was on, so I called the front desk to see what was up. The answer I got was that "there probably is no message there and it has been lighted for days, since I don't know how to turn it off". We were frankly not expecting messages at the hotel, but I hated to just ignore the message light for 2 days. (I did relay this to the desk the next morning at breakfast time and the message light was checked and turned off by the time we got back to our room.) Later in the evening my wife wanted to use the hotel's Wi-Fi, but found 2 separate signals which at first seemed to need a password. She called the desk and asked which Wi-Fi signal to choose and what the password was. The answer was "I don't know anything about the Wi-Fi", a somewhat surprising lack of assistance. (We eventually picked one of the signals and were able to get in without a password.)

Finally, as a safety professional I was a bit concerned that the fire-rated doors on the second floor between the lobby area and the rooms seemed to be continuously propped open while we were there. I understand that their position somewhat masked the location of the room corridor and impeded people with suitcases getting through. But fire-rated doors are generally part of the design of a public space to prevent the spread of a possible fire and to provide safe egress for patrons. The hotel should consider a more permanent fix (i.e., like magnet "hold-opens" tied into the fire alarm system) instead of using a chair.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Judy O, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn Louisville Preston Hwy, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thanks so much for your recent stay at the Sleep Inn and Suites Airport in Louisville, KY. As a value hotel, you are correct in that the spaces are a bit smaller than larger chain hotels. Our housekeeping staff works hard to make the rooms are as comfortable as possible, so your stay is enjoyable. With our upcoming Home For The Holiday promotion we will offer great rates for those wishing to visit our city and be close to relatives without staying in their homes. Our feeling is this will make the holidays very enjoyable.
Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention and we used this as a training moment for our staff in hopes to prevent any future incidents. To remove all temptation of using the chair to prop the door, we have removed the it from the area and appreciate your advice. Hope you will come see us again and let us know how we are doing with our improvements.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Harrisville,RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We were just in Louisville,KY and stayed @ the Sleep Inn and Suites on Preston Highway. We have stayed there every year for the last 10, but this year was different. The hotel is being re-staffed and the customer service is second to none. We have stayed in 4 star hotels where the managers did not strive to accomodate the needs of guests. Breakfast is included in he daily rate and consisted of fresh scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon waffles,etc.There were fresh baked cookies, lemonade, and popcorn every night. The hotel was, by far, the best it has ever been. Michele and Judy,see you next year!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Judy O, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn Louisville Preston Hwy, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Many thanks for taking time to write a review on Trip Advisor. It is our privlege to make sure your stay is memorable in all the best ways. I speak for our new team when I say we are thankful for your continued loyalty and we too look forward to your return next year.
Alcoa, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Really nice room. Clean. Very friendly staff. Property is clean. Price is great. Location is great. Would stay here again. Not very hard to find. Very close to the expo center. I would walk if I needed to. Walking distance to a store, Taco Bell and McDonalds.

Room Tip: i had a pool view. Nice
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Judy O, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn Louisville Preston Hwy, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. I am so pleased you discovered some of the wonderful ammenities in close proximity to the hotel. It is always good to find things you need close at hand when traveling. Our hope is you will consider us when you return to town again.
Caring Is Our Privilege.

Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

This hotel was perfect for an overnight stay. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. There are no elevators in this hotel. Its near the airport but that noise was minimal when asleep. Our room was closest to the back of the hotel so we didn't feel comfortable parking in the back of the hotel due to wooded/alley areas. But there was plenty of light in the front of the building. I would suggest getting a room in the front of the hotel or away from the exit door to minimize disturbance in the middle of the night. Nice touches:The cleaning person left a nice note on the table for us and a towel animal! The front desk staff were very nice! Overall a good stay for the price.

Room Tip: I would suggest getting a room in the front of the hotel or away from the exit door to minimize dist...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
So glad you enjoyed your recent stay at Sleep Inn and Suites located near Louisville International Airport and for taking the time to comment on Trip Advisor. Here at our hotel we value you and hope when you come to Louisville again, you we have us as your hotel of choice. Since you have stayed with us you will be in the know and we can help you select the best room to suit your needs.

Caracas, Distrito Federal, Venezuela
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I went there with my family and we love to stay there. We are from a different country and the people who works there just help us a lot with directions and everything we need. We have a great service, specially from Brandy (I dont know how to write the name exactly, a really good girl), she was extremely friendly and helpfull. I also have to say that the Breakfast is really good, better than all the breakfast I had in other hotels. If we go again to Louisville, we will stay in Sleep Inn for sure!!!.. Thank you a lot for al your perfect service.

Room Tip: The rooms on the first floor are closer from the door, if you will be going out too many times.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thanks so much for your note on Trip Advisor. We at Sleep Inn and Suites are so pleased your stay was such a good experience and appreciate you taking the time to share with other travelers. I sincerely hope you will stay with us again next time you are in town.

Campbellsville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Recently stayed for one night in this hotel while on business in Louisville. I needed something close to the KY Expo Center without costing an arm and a leg and this place fit the bill. The outside looks clean but the inside is a little worn and could use a small bit of work. Just very minor things like carpet turned up in a corner or some rust on the shower door. The room was small but adequate and it was clean. Very quiet as well. Only real issue was that the back door on the first floor doesn't lock so anyone can walk in or out, regardless if they are a guest or not. That's one of the reasons I choose hotels with inside entrances. I think I heard this facility may get a renovation soon on the inside. For a quick one or two night stay that is convenient to the KY Expo Center you'll save money here versus other name brand hotels in the area and I would recommend it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Andrew K, General Manager at Sleep Inn Louisville Preston Hwy, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to come to Tripadvisor and gives us a review. Our carpet is a little dated but you are indeed correct, we are going to be doing renovations soon to fix that. I am pleased to hear your room was clean and that the location was very conveient for you.

Thank you again for coming to Tripadvisor to rank us and thank you for your recommendation.

I hope next time you come through our wonderful city that you let us be your hotel of choice once more.
Home
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This is a small and simple, yet very accomodating hotel. The check in procedure was very quick and the gentleman at the desk was very helpful in securing my ride to the airport. I couldn't leave the hotel for dinner so the man at the desk ordered me some Chinese delivery. I thought that was a very nice touch for an out of town guest. Most people would just give you the number, but Andy actually ordered my food for me. All I had to do was wait for it to arrive and eat it.

The room was adequate, nothing to fancy, nothing dirty. This is a simple, yet well priced business hotel. The breakfast was much better than I thought I would get, the sausage, eggs and gravy was very good. Much better than a bagel and OJ.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to fill out one of our onlien survey's. It's always great to hear that we exceeded your expectations and gave you the service above what you expected.

I certainly hope next time you come to our wonderful city you'll join us once more.

Thank you for making us your hotel of choice.

Been to Sleep Inn Louisville Preston Hwy? Share your experiences!