“It's Okay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #63 of 95 hotels in Louisville
Ashland, Kentucky
“It's Okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

It looks clean and smells good, however at the end of our bed under the bed skirt there were some cheerios on the floor that did not belong to us. Also under the sink in the bathroom there was trash that was also not ours. Those were huge turn offs. Other than that the room was big enough plus it has a fridge and other kitchen appliances such as microwave, oven, full size sink, and toaster.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

27 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Utica, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Clean comfortable room, in a nice area. Restaurants, shopping, easy access to Interstate 64 and Watterson expressway. Our next trip to the Louisville area we will definitely return to Extended Stay. Enjoy

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Louisville - Hurstbourne, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. It's great to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our location and that you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Spokane, Washington, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This is the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. I am here for FFA Nationals with my group and our advisor chose this based on how cheap it is. The carpet is horribly stained and the floor isn't vacuumed at all. I won't even take off my shoes. The pull out bed from the couch was covered in stains and crumbs. There was also Wendy's wrappers under the couch. When the lady at the front desk came to give us new sheets we had to take care of it because the "maid staff is out for the day" the new sheets that came to us are covered in pubic hair! There obviously was no effort put into cleaning this room. The walls are dirty and stained.
I won't shower either. The tub and sink are rusted and dirty. The windows have some sort of grease stains on them. Also in the drawer of the horrible outdated kitchen was a random dirty sock looking thing and an old greasy sandwich bag. I will never stay in an Extended Stay America again. I just wish I didn't have to stay here for another 4 nights. We're in the process of finding a different hotel but so far there is nothing, We even have to keep the windows open because of the horrible smoke/ sweaty smell. We bought cleaning supplies and spray to make the hotel more livable. We're even sleeping outside of the bed since we do not trust the sheets. We're taking all of our valuables with us and stacking our suitcases carefully in the closet so we'll know if maids mess with our things.

Room Tip: Do not come here.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Louisville - Hurstbourne, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Ellaina - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding the condition of your room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I will be working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures and will be personally inspecting each room before check-in moving forward to ensure your experience is not repeated.

e continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I would like to try to make this right for you if possible. Please contact me directly at lvh@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Springdale , Ar United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Well my husband and I travel quite a bit with his job and we always stay at extended stay america cause there lovely kitchenettes but at this one here there is a lovely young lady that works the front desk her name is allecia she was very helpful in giving information on places to go in Louisville or questions about the hotel thanks allecia for making an already good stay even better

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor are smoking
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Louisville - Hurstbourne, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Rea - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so thrilled to know that Allecia took such great care of you. My team prides itself on providing excellent customer service. It is wonderful to see all of our training and hard work in action.

Thank you again for your review. Should you have any further feedback, I would love to hear it. I can be reached at 502-499-6215. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This motel is on a quiet street, adjacent to a neighborhood with every amenity you can imagine. I felt safe, the facilities worked, it was quiet, the bed was OK and the price is by far the best in the area for an extended stay; so overall a good value. The staff is friendly and helpful. BUT the building itself is in terrible shape and badly needs a complete remodel. First floor rooms are actually in a half basement, so car lights from the parking lot shine directly into the room and you can't really leave your window or blinds open - so given the option, I had to accept a smoking room, which I really didn't want. There is no elevator, so heavy luggage is a problem - especially going up and down dark colored stairs in a dimly lit stairway. Almost every common area wreaks of smoke and strong cooking odors and the carpeting should have been replaced years ago. The bed is actually a box spring, so very uncomfortable for sitting on, but it has a nice pillow-top padding, so I slept comfortably. The lock on the front door is broken, so after 11:00pm you have to call the front desk for admittance. Apparently the lock has been broken for quite a while and according to staff, there are no plans to fix it soon - this is completely unacceptable. The pool is well maintained. The "grab and go" breakfast area is well-stocked. Review-wise, this is a tough call - I often stay at Extended Stay America properties, which are a good value, but this is the most run-down of their properties I've stayed at. If you can afford it, stay elsewhere - if not, stay here.

Room Tip: Don't book the first floor, which is really a half basement.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Louisville - Hurstbourne, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I first want to apologize that you were put into a room that had a smoke odor. In response to your feedback, I will be reviewing with our maintenance and housekeeping staff how to remove odors from guest rooms and hallways properly to ensure this does not happen again. I also wanted to let you know that I am aware of the issue with the front door and am in the process of getting that fixed so that guest keys will work properly. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue.

We are continuously working to improve our property and your feedback is very valuable to me and my staff. We use feedback, such as yours, to continuously make changes to our brand to improve our guest’s experience. I would love to have you stay at my property again in the future so that you can see the improvements that we have made.
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I usually choose to stay at The Hilton-Homewood Suites because of the kitchen amenities and overall quality of stay, but due to the fact I was staying longer than usual, I decided to stay at Extended Stay because of the huge price difference. Well as the saying goes, you get what you pay for. Cheaper isn't always better. I staying in the Deluxe Studio. Though it may be a bit larger than the standard room, it was disgusting. They were dead smashed bugs on the wall, the wall was so dirty, there was no DVD player, the carpet was old and stained, the latch lock on the door was broken off, all appliances were outdated, the pull-out sofa was stained with grease; I had to put sheets on the couch just to sit down. Even the overall outer appearance of the building was dingy, old, and clearly in need of some serious renovations. I will never return or recommend this hotel to anyone. Extremely disappointed.

Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Louisville - Hurstbourne, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Shirby - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The lack of cleanliness in your room that you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I will be working with my housekeepers to re-train them on the cleanliness standards for our hotel.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at lvh@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Being an extended stay hotel nothing is fancy but overall for the price charged it is a good value, nice clean room good a/c, flat screen tv, also had small table and kitchen, bed is kind of cheap but we have seen worse, The only complaint I have is when we arrived after 10:00 pm in the dark the only lights in the parking lot was some skimpy ones right in front of the office attached to the building, desk clerk told us to go to the end of the building and go in side door to our room, after seeing it was dark on the sides luckly the lot was not full and we went back around frt and got a spot in frt of the office, not that it would matter but I knew nothing about the neighborhood, probably would not stay here again because of this.

Room Tip: I ask for a bottom floor room and recieved just that, it's seems like our room was 1/2 built int...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Louisville - Hurstbourne, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Ronald - Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am pleased to read that you were satisfied with your room; however, we apologize that the lighting in the parking lot was not sufficient. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that I have checked all of our outside lights and am working to implement better lighting in this area to ensure that your experience is not repeated.

I truly appreciate you taking the time to bring this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at lvh@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience.

Been to Extended Stay America - Louisville - Hurstbourne? Share your experiences!