“Great Neighborhood, Good Value, Horrible Property” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #63 of 95 hotels in Louisville
Florida
“Great Neighborhood, Good Value, Horrible Property”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This motel is on a quiet street, adjacent to a neighborhood with every amenity you can imagine. I felt safe, the facilities worked, it was quiet, the bed was OK and the price is by far the best in the area for an extended stay; so overall a good value. The staff is friendly and helpful. BUT the building itself is in terrible shape and badly needs a complete remodel. First floor rooms are actually in a half basement, so car lights from the parking lot shine directly into the room and you can't really leave your window or blinds open - so given the option, I had to accept a smoking room, which I really didn't want. There is no elevator, so heavy luggage is a problem - especially going up and down dark colored stairs in a dimly lit stairway. Almost every common area wreaks of smoke and strong cooking odors and the carpeting should have been replaced years ago. The bed is actually a box spring, so very uncomfortable for sitting on, but it has a nice pillow-top padding, so I slept comfortably. The lock on the front door is broken, so after 11:00pm you have to call the front desk for admittance. Apparently the lock has been broken for quite a while and according to staff, there are no plans to fix it soon - this is completely unacceptable. The pool is well maintained. The "grab and go" breakfast area is well-stocked. Review-wise, this is a tough call - I often stay at Extended Stay America properties, which are a good value, but this is the most run-down of their properties I've stayed at. If you can afford it, stay elsewhere - if not, stay here.

Room Tip: Don't book the first floor, which is really a half basement.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Louisville - Hurstbourne, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I first want to apologize that you were put into a room that had a smoke odor. In response to your feedback, I will be reviewing with our maintenance and housekeeping staff how to remove odors from guest rooms and hallways properly to ensure this does not happen again. I also wanted to let you know that I am aware of the issue with the front door and am in the process of getting that fixed so that guest keys will work properly. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue.

We are continuously working to improve our property and your feedback is very valuable to me and my staff. We use feedback, such as yours, to continuously make changes to our brand to improve our guest’s experience. I would love to have you stay at my property again in the future so that you can see the improvements that we have made.

27 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I usually choose to stay at The Hilton-Homewood Suites because of the kitchen amenities and overall quality of stay, but due to the fact I was staying longer than usual, I decided to stay at Extended Stay because of the huge price difference. Well as the saying goes, you get what you pay for. Cheaper isn't always better. I staying in the Deluxe Studio. Though it may be a bit larger than the standard room, it was disgusting. They were dead smashed bugs on the wall, the wall was so dirty, there was no DVD player, the carpet was old and stained, the latch lock on the door was broken off, all appliances were outdated, the pull-out sofa was stained with grease; I had to put sheets on the couch just to sit down. Even the overall outer appearance of the building was dingy, old, and clearly in need of some serious renovations. I will never return or recommend this hotel to anyone. Extremely disappointed.

Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Louisville - Hurstbourne, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Shirby - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The lack of cleanliness in your room that you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I will be working with my housekeepers to re-train them on the cleanliness standards for our hotel.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at lvh@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Bowling Green, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Being an extended stay hotel nothing is fancy but overall for the price charged it is a good value, nice clean room good a/c, flat screen tv, also had small table and kitchen, bed is kind of cheap but we have seen worse, The only complaint I have is when we arrived after 10:00 pm in the dark the only lights in the parking lot was some skimpy ones right in front of the office attached to the building, desk clerk told us to go to the end of the building and go in side door to our room, after seeing it was dark on the sides luckly the lot was not full and we went back around frt and got a spot in frt of the office, not that it would matter but I knew nothing about the neighborhood, probably would not stay here again because of this.

Room Tip: I ask for a bottom floor room and recieved just that, it's seems like our room was 1/2 built int...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Louisville - Hurstbourne, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Ronald - Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am pleased to read that you were satisfied with your room; however, we apologize that the lighting in the parking lot was not sufficient. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that I have checked all of our outside lights and am working to implement better lighting in this area to ensure that your experience is not repeated.

I truly appreciate you taking the time to bring this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at lvh@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I enjoyed my stay very much. Sean and Rose were excellent. They are very professional and always have a smile for you. My room was perfect. And the breakfast had a few good choices like oatmeal and granola bars. Which I love. And nice hot coffee which is a must have for me! I'm am coming back very soon. See ya then.

• Stayed May 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Louisville - Hurstbourne, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. It was incredibly rewarding to read your remarks about our hotel. They motivate the staff and I to continue working hard, ensuring every guest has the same experience you did.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at lvh@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Mason, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

paid for my one night stay and when I went to check out the manager told me they charged the wrong amount and said I owed him $11. I have never heard of a place doing this. I didn't have time to stay and argue. otherwise, it is what you would expect for the price. lady at front desk was helpful and nice. Will not stay there again due to the manager.

• Stayed May 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Louisville - Hurstbourne, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize about any confusion regarding the billing of your stay with us. I met with the staff, and we will be doing a training session on billing guests to ensure that all guests are charged correctly at check-in.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at lvh@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Louisburg
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Older, smaller property, desk clerk was polite. Choose not to use the kitchen.

Grab n'go breakfast is neat if an "early" riser and out the door before the birds are up.

Property has not been updated in a while, flat screen television was a surprise considering the dated equipment and cramped quarters.

Room Tip: Ground floor is sub ground level, get one higher.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Louisville - Hurstbourne, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Your comments in regards to the front desk staff and the new flat screen televisions are much appreciated; yet, I was disheartened to read that you were disappointed by our gran and go breakfast as well as the overall property. To uphold our company's high standards, we are constantly working to find ways to improve our offerings and appearance. We will keep your comments in mind as we do so moving forward.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at lvh@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
BigClifty, Ky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed here and found it great! There was alot of bad reviews on here about this place and while I don't know how the place was before 4/5/2013 I can tell you that this is a great hotel for the money. We had a very very clean room that was everything you could ask for. The kitchenette was nice enough with decent enough appliances. The renovations was noticed and even the bedside alarm clock was pretty cool. All I can say is that if you had a bad experiance you should consider giving them another shot!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Extended Stay America - Louisville - Hurstbourne? Share your experiences!