“Beware” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
KY
“Beware”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2008

Reserved executive room and adjoining room smoking also. Paid cash upon arrival. Pd a 50.00 deposit. Was informed the room next to us had not been cleaned and would not b available ..however gave us the next room It was never pointed out to anyof us that this room was a non smoking room we had guaranteed rental of a smoking plus there were ash trays in that room....noted as we passed room next to executive suite had a man in it.. Manager/Staff lied to us...Hotel room carpet in suite soaking wet around heater units ..clean but worn and dingy curtain hanging off rod....Sofa bed so worn when you sat down you almost hit the floor. Due to so many festivities in Lville the weekend of april 4th 5th rooms were hard to come by so we stayed. I left the hotel 1 day earlier than my guests....it was the next day when I called to inquire if my 50.00 deposit was still there Bonnie at the desk said yes and I could come back and get it as it was being held for me. Upon arrival the Managers attitude was uninterested and his attitude made it clear; to bad get over it and get out.refused to return my deposti stating second room had been smoked in and was a non smoking room(Bonnie who informed me by phone that the deposit was being held for me was sitting there and never opened her mouth)......he proceeded to produce the forms they had me sign and initial....which were not the unsigned ones they gave me that I have .. Anolther guest had rented there rooms and there teenage daughter was showering when in walks 4 young men on her. Mix up at desk the room had been rented twice ......Manager/manager def needs retraining i would have thought Baymont would not have such a tacky and poorly run property.....U can best bet i will not use nor refer anyone there, In fact will most likely avoid Baymonts from now on...

• Liked — Nothing Special
  • Disliked — The property managers/owners Property ran inefficiecently and customer comes second
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Campbellsville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2007

I was really devistated to read the bad reviews on this site. I personally stay at the Baymont in quite often, and I have been there with them through many of their changes and transitions. Sure, the hotel doesn't have room service or a nice spa for my sore muscles, but the people there are amazing. They were great with my kids, and accomidated all of my needs!! I will continue to stay with them. I personally think, that for the price you pay.. you are getting an A class hotel!!

• Liked — I really enjoyed the people there more than anything. The breakfast was good, cable tv, nice pool area.
  • Disliked — I didn't like the fact that being on the second floor, I felt so far away from everything at the hotel.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Richmond, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2007

After booking this hotel for a 2 night stay, i was worried about the negative reviews i read on this forum. But on check-in i'm glad i booked here.

The hotel is just off I-64 yet is very quiet. It's close to several chain restaurants and is just a few miles away from finer dining options.

The room was better than average. It was nice, spacious and clean. The bed was very comfortable. Despite being given a smoking room, it didn't smell at all. Lacking in the room was a fridge, a telephone (!) and the A/C was a tad strong.

The free b'fast comprised of waffles, cereals, boiled eggs, toast, muffins, bagels, danish, coffee, juices etc. More than adequate.

Yes the hotel is based on a motel-ish floor plan with open corridors and room doors that face the parking lot. But that wasn't an issue for me.

• Liked — Comfy bed and free breakfast
  • Disliked — Lack of fridge in room
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
aggiemay
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2007

We were recently in KY for a dance competition. We booked this hotel for its free breakfast and the fact that on the website, the rooms looked nice enough for one night. This was very wrong. On the hotel's website, it said that it was indoor entrances. This was very wrong. There was 2 floors with outdoor entrences and we were unlucky enough to get the outdoor entrance. When we got there, we were given the room key and went to the 2nd floor. Our door did not open, the electronic lock was dead. I went down to the lobby again and told the desk operator our problem. He responded with a quick " I don't have anyone to fix that today" and walked away.. 3 hours later, someone came to the room and fixed it while we were in a friends room and when we came back, he asked for a tip! FOR FIXING A BROKEN DOOR! As we opened the door, we realized that we could not open the door all the way because the room was so small that the bed was in the way. The refridge that we had asked for was broken. The bathroom was VERY small. All night we could hear the neighbors because of the paper thin walls. The toilet did not flush very often and the shower scalded or froze you. I did not enjoy the breakfast and the wake up call that we asked for did not call. We wish that we had stayed somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2007
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Boston, MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2006

I booked this hotel directly through the Baymont website. When I called before the trip to confirm the hotel, I was told that my reservation was cancelled by the hotel because the price went up after I booked. I was never informed that the reservation was cancelled and my original reservation was guaranteed with a credit card. No matter, they still CANCELLED MY RESERVATION and NEVER TOLD ME ABOUT IT!!! This is terrible business and I would never trust this company. Cancelling my reservation because the rate went up and not informing me? Not good business in my book.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Lack of honesty
  • Tips/Secrets — Make sure you confirm reservation before traveling!
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Pontiac, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2006

Hotel room clean. Bed EXTREMELY comfortable!!! Hotel location is close to major highways.

• Stayed May 2006
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2006

A very pleasant and somewhat surprising stay at the Baymont. We booked on Priceline for $28 and were there for 3 nights last week. The rooms are spacious and clean. The staff was very helpful. Nice breakfast included a "waffle machine" which is always a nice touch beyond cereal and bagels.

You cannot beat the location for convenience. Plenty nearby and right off I-64 for access anywhere in town.

This building was formerly a Fairfield Inn. I do not know when it was converted to Baymont.

Would stay again for a quick trip to town.

• Stayed February 2006

Been to Baymont Inn and Suites- Louisville East? Share your experiences!