“Again, this hotel was satisfactory and met or exceeded our needs.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Louisville Airport

You added Hampton Inn Louisville Airport to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Louisville Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   800 Phillips Lane, Louisville, KY 40209-1330 (Fairgrounds)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save 15%!
Ranked #13 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Berea, KY
“Again, this hotel was satisfactory and met or exceeded our needs.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

This was our second stay at this hotel with the first stay being in March 2012. After staying the first time and reading the reviews of the hotels that surround this area and also being money conscious, we decided to stay here again. This hotel has pretty good rates, is pretty clean and meets our location needs when we are staying around the Fairgrounds/Airport/U of L area. My son was at U of L this time going through football camp and the road this hotel is on goes straight to the stadium area of U of L. This time we had no troubles at all, the staff was great, breakfast was very good and the breakfast lady was on top of the situation, even with a large tour bus full of high schoolers eating there on this day. I'd like to say that Sarah(sp?) was great at check in and let us check in early which was extremely helpful where we needed to rest after getting up at 3:30am to get my son to the camp which was a two hour drive away from home. They even let us check out late the next day while he finished up camp. Big thanks for that as well. The only nitpicking thing that I can even come up with on this one is the noise the ice machine made on the third floor while we stayed. Sometimes it would "whistle" and you could hear it through the door a very little bit. Great stay overall. Thanks!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with the Trip Advisor Family.

I am pleased to see that we as a Team were able to contribute in some way to you having a Great Stay while in Louisville as we know you have many lodging opportunities so once again Thank you!

Hampton Inn Louisville --- express your Hamptonality!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Charleston, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Went up to Louisville for Memorial Day weekend. Wanted to build up my points, so for once I didn't bargain hunt. This Hampton Inn is good value for the money. Nothing special, but no flaws either. The staff was friendly and pleasant. Above average breakfast bar and the attendant stayed on top of things (no shortage of food and area kept clean). If you have to stay at an airport hotel, this Hampton Inn fills the bill well.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Keith L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Good Morning!

Thank you taking the time to fill share your experiences. If it were not for the responses that we get at times we would not have the true Guest Experience from our Guest perspective so once again Thank You!

I am glad to see that the staff’s continued efforts made your stay enjoyable.
Once again thank you for staying with us here in Louisville!
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

The rooms were average, but clean with comfortable beds. The staff were friendly and very helpful and the free breakfast selection was good and delicious. Expensive rate because of the Kentucky Derby weekend.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
I would like to take a moment and thank you sharing your experiences with the Trip Advisor Family.

Hampton Inn Louisville --- express your Hamptonality!
Minneapolis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

You can hear ALL the airport noise. The blinds in my room didnt fully cover the window, so the bright glow of the orb lighting by the swimming pool poured into my room all night long. The carpet was damp (not a wet spot...damp all over)...it is April, so it hasn't been THAT humid. I stay in many Hilton properties for work and have been very pleased with the updates they've been making to the Hampton chain. Perhaps they should visit this one...

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Keith L, Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Good Morning –

I am sorry you experienced problems during your stay with us in Louisville. I have sent your Survey to the appropriate Department Director's for if was not the comments like you shared we sometimes would not know at times what needs attention in the Day to Day Operations of the hotel overall.

In the immediate area of the hotel there are several eateries such as The Cardinal Inn and The Blue Horse Cafe to name just 2 and our shuttle will take all guest to these or any others within 3 miles of the hotel.

The Gold’s Gym is a very reputable Gym with no negative comments from our guest or in our Business First Magazine on local establishment ratings.

We will take your insights to our staff and through Coaching and Counseling improve our Guest Experience.

Once again I do apologize for any and all inconveniences you suffered while you were with us!

Thank you for your candid review!
Indianapolis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Traveling on business, I found this Hampton to be below my expectations. The property is old, the walls are very thin between adjoining rooms and there is nothing in the way of decent dining nearby.

Upon entering, I found the young woman at the reception desk to be unusually rough around the edges for a Hampton. In fact, when I asked if they offered a complimentary pass to a nearby fitness center, I was given the name of a facility and the street that it is on. I am not from Louisville so I had to get the actual street address from the Internet once I entered my room. That wouldn't have been too terrible if she would have been kind enough to warn me that the fitness facility is in a rough neighborhood and caters to those who live there. This was a gym that a typical business professional would NOT want to be directed to. I did not feel safe and if I were a woman, I would have felt less safe. I was not at all happy about being led to this place without so much as a warning or heads up about the area. In hindsight, the young woman at the reception desk may well have fit right in.

As for the room, it was an adjoining room and I could hear every word (and frequent loud clearing of the throat!) of the gentleman next door to me. That was annoying to say the least. There was nothing particularly nice about the room - it felt like a lesser Hampton room.

In addition, the room was quite small. It had a terrible ironing board/iron, which to me are important necessities when traveling on business. As I write this (I am actually writing it while in the room--if that gives you some insight to my level of satisfaction here), I am reminded of the proximity of the airport. Yes, you will here the jets, loud and clear.

My last comment is that there are no decent restaurants anywhere near this hotel. You will need to get back on the expressway and drive a number of miles to find a better area. Again, you do not want to explore the Preston Hwy area where the health club is... believe me.

In summary, I am a fan of Hampton Inn. I will not, however, book this Hampton again. I didn't like the room, nor the service, nor the area, nor the availability of dining. This Hampton gets a thumbs down.

Room Tip: If you book here, ask if there is a room which does not adjoin another room. You will thank me.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Leroy64, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Good Morning—

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to Share your veiws with Trip Advisor.

It appears from your comments that the staffs efforts fell short of your expectations and I apologize in advance for those issue's.

Some things we have no control over such things as Jet noise at an Airport Location or Restaurant Locations, but the things we can change at the hotel level have been passed to each Department Director.

Once again I apologize that your stay fell short and was not up to par and your comments will be directed to the staff immediately for continued improvement through Education and Coaching.
Berea, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

My family stayed at the Hampton Inn Louisville Airport last night as this was very close to the front gate of the Kentucky State Fairgrounds. My sons had an athletic event going on there and we wanted to be close and feel "fresh" for the days competition. I booked this hotel after reading the reviews on hear about it and several others in the area. For the money, the service and the cleanliness I totally agree with the majority of the reviews on here and give it a "4" or maybe a B if I were giving it a letter grade. Some wear and tear here and there, not much mind you and a few other things could be improved upon. We did the dreaded "Bed Bug" check and the room passed, but, I got a bite on my ankle while we were laying in bed. We sort of freaked out when we jerked back the covers and my wife found what we thought was a flea. We had been relaxing all night in the room and hadn't had any problems until this time and when my wife picked up a spec on the sheets we had jerked back, it jumped off her hand. I had no other problems the rest of the night and neither did my wife other than being a bit freaked out about bugs. I told the person at the front desk on our way out and she told me they would have the room checked and assured me that they didn't allow animals to stay there. I also told them about the sink being slow when draining and they said they would check this as well. The whole bug/sink thing was not really a big problem and my son's who stayed in another connecting room had no problems at all. The place is pretty clean overall and it seemed like the housekeeping staff would go to extra effort with specially folded towels and mints in the rooms. Overall, I found the staff pretty friendly with one or two that just sort of minded their own business and didn't say much. Breakfast was pretty good except there was no meat at all on this one. Tthey did have cheese and egg omeletes which were pretty good.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Leroy64, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Good Morning---

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the Survey from Hilton Worldwide. I know it can be rather lengthy so on behalf of the Brand thanks. I see by your ratings of 8 we fell down somewhere during your stay. If you could let me know where a Department could improve or we as a TEAM could have been better for you
Your comments have been directed to each Department Director to use as a learning tool through Coaching and Counseling to improve our future Guest Experience…Which we could not improve if was not for YOU !

Once again thank you for staying with Hilton worldwide…
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

clean rooms quiet surroundings, friendly staff, fresh oatmeal for breakfast

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Leroy64, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, March 3, 2012
Good Morning—

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to answer the survey from Hilton World Wide as I know the survey can be rather lengthy so I thank you in advance.

It appears from the survey that the staffs continued efforts allowed you to have comfortable and enjoyable stay while in Louisville.

If there is anything that you might like to see here at the hotel in the coming year please just let me know at my personal e-mail.

Once again thank you!

Been to Hampton Inn Louisville Airport? Share your experiences!