“OK but not up to par with Hamptons” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Louisville Airport

You added Hampton Inn Louisville Airport to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Louisville Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   800 Phillips Lane, Louisville, KY 40209-1330 (Fairgrounds)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save 15%!
Ranked #11 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
So. Indiana
“OK but not up to par with Hamptons”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

Stayed one night on either side of the a flight out of SDF. Used the Park, Stay & Fly package, which allowed us to stay both nights, use the hotels' shuttle and leave our car at the hotel. This is an average-to-good Hampton Inn, not the best Hampton I've ever stayed at. The staf was friendly, however, speedy check-in when our return flight got us in at midnite. Complimentary breakfast in the morning was average.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Madison Heights, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

We had a wonderful and memorable class reunion [ college of Nursing 1968] in Louisville,Ky. We stayed at Hampton Inn Louisville/Airport. Everyone of us had expressed satisfaction with the accommodation experience.We're greeted with warm welcome and smile from the persons at the front desk and were helpful with whatever questions we had ,the housekeeping maintained cleanliness of our rooms and of the facility,the shuttle service drivers had shown courtesy and prompt response to our complimentary ride requests to nearby vicinities and Danielle,the lady at the breakfast dining area was very friendly,always smiling,kept the area tidy and always made sure that food was adequate.But most of all, Brian Hayden,the sales manager of the hotel had provided tremendous help to us not only setting up with the group accommodation but extended assistance and suggestions where to go to Louisville. I organized and coordinated the reunion doing it from out of town and Brian was always available and prompt to answer my questions by e-mail or phone. He is very professional.
Our class have been having reunions every 2 years since our silver jubilee celebration in 1993 holding it at different cities/ venues around the US and neighboring countries and we found that Hampton Inn Louisville/Airport had provided us the atmosphere that we all were comfortable compared to other luxurious and big hotels we've been to.
Your hotel is highly recommended. Maintain the good customer service of your staff. Kudos to you all !!

• Stayed September 2010
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

I have stayed at many Hampton Inns, and I found this one to be one of the worst. The carpet was old and worn, and they generally didn't seem able to handle a full hotel. One of the main reasons people pick a Hampton Inn is their free breakfast. They ran out of food and coffee well before 9:30am, and never refilled a darn thing. They simple let the chaos and disappointment of hungry people continue until 10am, and then they shut it down. They promised coffee would be made, but it never came. We waited for this until 11:30am. I would not stay there again. The hotel building seemed old, and it really showed when people were talking outside of our room. The insulation is so poor, that their conversations could be clearly heard. Not a good hotel at all.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Cypress, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

I had an early morning flight out of Louisville after a weekend trip, so stayed the night before the flight at the Hampton Inn Louisville Airport. I was at the hotel less than twelve hours, and had no problems, but note three negatives.
* The rooms were recently re-designed. There is a very attractive desk that is built into the exterior wall, and is well set up for computer use. Negative: there is no way to work at the desk and watch TV at the same time. I enjoy being able to multi-task - working on a PC and watching TV at the same time - this set up makes it impossible.
* The rack rate of $127 (plus $20 tax) puts this at the high end of Hampton Inns not in center city locations, and there is certainly nothing special about this hotel. It is convenient to the airport, but that is the only plus. I do not consider this good value for the money. Airport area three star hotels were being advertised for about $70 on Hotwire. I chose to go with the known quantity despite the price premium, but I do not feel I got value for my money.
* The area is somewhat of a no-man's land. There is really nothing to do in the area. The only sit down restaurant nearby is in the Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza just down the street. The area didn't feel unsafe, but it did not feel particularly inviting either.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Marietta, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2010

I arrived around 1:30 am and ask for late check out that was not a problem...not a great parking lot for semi trucks...I had a delivery to make a couple blocks away and wanted to stay close as possible..I parked truck along entrance and placed my orange cones around unit it appeared to be out of everybodys way ( I thought) before I could go in I was told by security/shuttle driver I could not park along driveway ? I had already paid $140.00(high price but location is everything) and I was not leaving ...truck was not in anybodys way but I had to move it....so I managed to maneauver it into rear parking lot(dodging curbs,sidewalks,& cars )security/ shuttle driver was very freindly and assisted in me moving although I dont think it was in anybodys way, guess he was just doing his job..finally get to room..typical hampton...nice ,clean tidy room...everything was better until 9:00 am when construction crew started using power tools in next room (this was only 5 hours hours after I went to bed..I went and talk to manager and explained my problems which parking was not a big ussue seeing how I was not at a place where most truckdrivers would try to stay in the city but asking for a late check and being placed beside a room under construction was a big problem especially for the price...I asked if the bill could be adjusted for me not getting much sleep....he said that satisfaction is 100% garanteed that the room was going to be free and he was very sorry...I did not expect this I only wanted a few$$ off not free....he said no its free! thats very gracious of him I would not go back here with tractor trailer again but If I was driving a car I would try it again....prob. a great place normally I just happen to have bad timing...

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Bethesda, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2009

Hampton Inns are usually a safe bet. This one is no different. Clean room and common areas, cheery staff, decent enough breakfast included, 2 computers for guest use. Free airport shuttle (or anywhere within a 3-mile radius). Ask for a room on an upper floor and on the fairgrounds side of the building (away from interstate). I didn't have an issue with the room being noisy, other than the usual--water running in room next door, people talking in hallway.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Buffalo, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2009

We stayed at this hotel on our way to Memphis as an overnight stop. The staff were very courteous and the room was very well appointed, very clean and the beds were quite comfortable. Although the hotel is near the airport. I only heard one airplane during the night. We had the room closest to the front desk and breakfast area, so the microwave beeping during use was audible throughout the night at various intervals. Additionally, the ice machine and vending area was next to our room so that is also a consideration if staying there to try and select your room away from these areas if possible. As we were just stopping in with no prior reservation, we pretty much had to take what was available and by the look of the parking lot the hotel was probably rather full the day we stayed there. We did not have a Laptop computer with us so I can not comment on the availability of the wireless Internet service, and I do not know if a computer is available for guest use (I did not see one at this Hampton Inn but did at another one we stayed at later). If you will be traveling, I would highly suggest taking a laptop if you have one, or if not, then buying one to take with you. We REALLY could have used one on our trip. I looked for the exercise room as described but could not find it, although I did not search out the entire hotel, just where the provided hotel map stated it should be. The morning breakfast was fine as far as we were concerned, but we do not eat a huge breakfast when traveling. it consisted of the usual fare of cold cereals, an assortment of baked goods such as bagels, white and wheat bread, muffins etc. along with what appeared to be egg and cheese omelets. My wife was particularly pleased that they had Activia yogurt available. There are apparently no eating establishments available within walking distance, but we had a fast dinner meal at the McDonald's just down the street. I imagine if you have a GPS unit when traveling that you could easily locate many other places to eat by using the Point of Interest option on the GPS unit. We did this in another city and it worked out very well. Overall we were very well pleased with this hotel and if I was in this area again I would definitely stay here in the future.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Louisville Airport? Share your experiences!