“Nice place to stay for great rate!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites University/Airport

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn & Suites University/Airport to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites University/Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   311 E Gaulbert Ave, Louisville, KY 40208 (Old Louisville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #65 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Effingham, Illinois
“Nice place to stay for great rate!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Nice, clean hotel close to downtown without downtown prices. Breakfast was good and attendant taking care of it was very attentive and clean. An employee offers a shuttle service and that was AWESOME. Took us to KFC yum center, and picked us up after a phone call. Soooo nice to have shuttle vs. a taxi service going to 4th Street bars.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
John H, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites University/Airport, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank You Lisa for taking the time to leave a review on tripadvisor. I appreciate you utilizing my private shuttle service as well as it really was my pleasure seeing everyone coming into town and having a good time. We hope that you return again if in Louisville.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Hickory Valley
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Room was clean, but way to pricey for what you got. Beds were ok but certainly lower quality. Panhandlers in the parking lot which was uncomfortable. Coffee in lobby but no cream which was Lind of representative of how they weren't paying attention to the details.

• Stayed March 2014
John H, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites University/Airport, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to leave your review on trip advisor, we appreciate your comments.
Wichita, KS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

The hotel seems to be in the middle of a remodel. I was afraid to brush my teeth after noticing brown water coming out of the faucet in the bathroom, the hallways reeked of cigarette smoke and there isn't any restaurants within walking distance to get a decent breakfast from since the continental breakfast buffet is stocked with crispy overcooked biscuits and empty coffee urns.

Since I mistakingly didn't book enough nights and needed to stay one more night, all my belongings were gathered up and placed in either my suitcase or in a plastic garbage bag. I guess I had to be okay with not getting back the Heineken and Cheetos I bought for my return to my room or the $3 in change I had sitting on the desk. The new room was a little better but the wifi wouldn't work. At least I felt I could brush my teeth in the bathroom and make coffee from my room

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
John H, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites University/Airport, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
We are sorry that you had problems with your stay with us, if you leave things in your room and leave the hotel when you have a prepaid reservation we really have no choice but to remove your items and place them in the lost and found as people leave things behind all the time, we have no way to know if you are returning or not.
Aurora, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

This hotel used to be a great place, and we've stayed here countless times before so I don't know how it came to be what it is today. The hallways stank of cigarette smoke, and when I informed the front desk, they did go up and sprayed some air freshener but only partway down the hall. This only masked the odor temporarily and nothing was actually "taken care of". The rooms are horribly outdated, and exactly like the images posted by others (only my room was slightly even more worse for the wear); they are currently in the process of updating them though as was discovered when my family visited the pool—this is where they are storing all the new cabinets, carpet, etc. Even with new updates to the room though, I'll never be staying at this location ever again. The hotel overall is a dump starting with the horribly decorated lobby, which is anything but fun looking and downright depressing. Upon entering the elevator, you feel like you just stepped into a shower—who decorates their elevators with bathroom tile? These guys do. Smoking rooms need to be completely separated from the non-smoking rooms. In short, don't bother with this hotel: there's nothing of Quality here.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
John H, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites University/Airport, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
We are sorry that someone smoked in the hallway while you were here, we do not allow this, besides using air freshner how would you suggest we "take care of " it?The pool is the only place we have room to store new furniture etc. for 87 rooms but this still leaves plenty of room to swim as our pool area is 4 times larger than most hotel pools in the area. Sad that you have stayed here countless times and the same lobby that you use to think was great is now horribly depressing to you.The elevator has a granite floor, we do not have bathroom tiles in our elevator. Thanks for all the "countless times" you stayed with us in the past and taking the time to tell us all how you really feel on tripadivsor.
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed at this property recently after driving all night for an early morning meeting in Louisville. I always check hotel reviews before selecting hotels, but did not this time because I did not expect to arrive in Louisville until the following morning. Upon arrival, the hotel seemed fine. The lobby was very nice and the front desk associate was very helpful and friendly. The rate for my nights stay was also very fair. I was disgusted upon checking into my room. The room was very dirty and smelled horrible. The last time I stayed in a room of this quality was probably as a teenager at a hotel party. I decided to bite the bullet and tough it out for the hour and a half I had to sleep before my meeting. I made sure all of my bags were off the floor in a safe location and decided to sleep with all my clothes on. As soon as I pulled back the covers, multiple bugs scurried to hiding places around the bed. I am not sure what they were, as they did not look like roaches.I assumed they were bed bugs. I immediately packed all of my things and requested a refund from the front desk associate. He was very surprised that I had found bugs in my room, as they "just sprayed the week before." I was given a refund without any hassle and got out of there as quickly as I could. I do not understand the number of positive reviews for this property. I was completely disgusted.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
John H, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites University/Airport, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We try our very best to insure each guest is satisfied and we are sorry that we could not meet your expectations. If you ever do return we promise you will not have any of these problems here again.
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

We stay at this hotel every time we visit Louisville, which is at least three to four times a year. We love that the nightly pet fee is so minute and that there is a kitchenette in every room. The king beds are always in good shape, even though the mattresses are a little firm for my liking. I still have a good night's sleep there, though. The free breakfast every morning is always fresh and hot. It's one of our favorite parts of this hotel! The staff has always been nothing but friendly and appreciative of our business. It's the perfect location for things in downtown Louisville without actually being downtown. It's also the perfect distance from the Mall St. Matthews, which is a hot spot for us when we're there. Honestly, we had to stay at a Hilton for a few days and we hated it. We were so glad to get out of that Hilton and into this Quality. The value just wasn't there at the Hilton. We look forward to our next weekend getaway with you!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
We greatly appreciate you leaving your review on TripAdvisor. We also appreciate your repeat business as well. We promise that we will continue to make improvements on our property so that hopefully your next stay will be even better than your last stay was.
Lakeland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

stayed during recent gie expo very good stay room was good for this price level motel, good parking, past reviews slam the breakfast, it is inline for most motels today people expect 5 star breakfast for free. the staff and owners where great in every way.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
John H, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites University/Airport, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor. We hope you decide to stay with us again if ever in Louisville and can assure you that your next visit will be even better than the last as we are currently making improvements and renovating. We appreciate your comments.

Been to Quality Inn & Suites University/Airport? Share your experiences!