“Great Stay for the money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites University/Airport

You added Quality Inn & Suites University/Airport to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites University/Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   311 E Gaulbert Ave, Louisville, KY 40208 (Old Louisville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #61 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Norwich, NY
“Great Stay for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I had stayed at this hotel 2 years ago with no issues, but after reading so many negative reviews I was a little nervous about returning. I chose to give it a try anyway as I was only going to be there a few nights, the rate was right & very close to the University. I was pleasantly surprised, the room seemed to look better than it had 2 years prior. I looked all over the room. I could not find a single spider web let alone a spider. This hotel is in a industrial area, and has a different feel about it, however I felt perfectly safe. The local PD does numerous patrols around the area and sometimes even sits in the hotel parking lot. I would however stay away from the Shell station I believe it was after dark. There tends to be many people that seem like drug addicts hanging around trying to get money from patrons to feed their habit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
tkr101, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites University/Airport, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
We appreciate your feedback on tripadvisor.com and thank you for giving us a chance again despite some bad reviews and that means alot really coming from someone with so many prior reviews posted. Ill tell you honestly that at least 98% of all the guests that stay with us enjoy their stay or at least say they do when they check out with me the next day,and most return. We realize that not every guest that stays will have a favorable view and some feel the need to share this opinion which is great really. Sometimes though it is abused as recently as yesterday someone demanded that we refund completely a 2 night stay or they will be leaving terrible reviews on all review websites and we can not give into this type of threat so I expect the next one to be a scathing review with a bad rating. If you do return again in the near future you will see again that the property has improved (as it did between your past two visits) we are investing another half million dollars or more into improvements at the property in 2013. Again thanks for leaving your review as I really wish everyone that stayed with us did as we would definitely have a better rating but unfortunately alot of times people only leave reviews when they are not happy with a place and we refuse to pay companies or individuals to leave false positive reviews which I am sure some establishments do as we get calls offering this service from time to time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Louisville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Other than the bugs in the room it was fine. The front desk changed rooms immediately and was very polite. Of course we were moved to the room next door which did not make me feel completely happy and they did not discount my room for the inconvenience. I doubt I would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I had to stay at this hotel with my business that I was doing in Louisville. I had to be there for 2 of the worst weeks of my life. There were hookers in the lobby and fights outside of my room. The place was less than clean and a nightmare to deal with. If I could attach a Mr. Yuk sticker to the entire hotel it would be too nice of an advertisement.

Please help me to never have to go to Louisville again.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the fist fights and hookers
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
tkr101, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites University/Airport, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
While we appreciate your feedback on tripadvisor, but I have to question the sincerity of your review as it sounds like you were forced to stay here for two weeks while there are hundreds of hotels within the city of Louisville (which you also belittled in your review). The hotel does not allow loitering, whoever you saw in the lobby that in your mind was a hooker most likely was not and if a fight did occur outside your room it would be a very rare occurrence that could literally happen anywhere. We try our very best to insure that each guest is satisfied with their stay with us and if for some reason we do not meet your expectations we promise we will help you find another property close by at a comparable rate and let you out of your reservation at no cost if you decide not to stay. We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us but in the future as a suggestion if you are at a property and not happy with the accommodations consider expressing the problem with the front desk or manager and maybe they could help especially if you are on a extended stay.
Southbury, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

The hotel has a good location right off the highway although it is in an industrial section just off the university. If your not from a city or industrial town you will think the area is not safe; however it was pretty quiet. It is very close to the expo center and a short run to downtown.

We had a non smoking room as were all the rooms on our floor yet the hallway reeked of cigarettes. Our room did not smell, but it also did not feel clean. I felt like the room wasn't occupied for days and they did not freshen it up. I could be wrong, but that's just my gut feeling.

The beds were ok, nothing to write home about or really complain. They could have left extra pillows in the closet but it wasn't an issue.

The bathroom was a nice size, I thought the jacuzzi tub was kind of foolish paired with a cheap plastic wall surround that showed a good amount of wear. It gave me a feeling of not wanting to use it. The shower (combo w/ jacuzzi) wasn't great but most hotels aren't.

The kitchenette area was clean, actually spotless as if it is never used which it probably isn't.

The ironing board however was nasty. I took it out to iron some shirts and the board was covered in stains. Not burn marks from the iron but actual stains. It went right back in te closet.

The complimentary breakfast was better than most economy hotels; with plenty of seating so you were not scrambling over people to try and find a seat.

Next time I will just pony up the extra money and stay elsewhere; wasn't worth saving $$ for, plus you really want to be near 4th street live in order to really do anything.

• Stayed October 2012
tkr101, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites University/Airport, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
First of all we appreciate you leaving your feedback on tripadvisor.com. We really do feel that we offer Quality in every room here. 90% of our rooms offer Jacuzzi brand whirlpool tubs, all rooms have 1200 watt overhead GE microwaves plus refrigerators and stovetops, not at all a standard for a Quality Inn. All beds are Serta brand which is a Quality inn standard and less than two years old.Our drapes in each room were custom made by spindletop, a local company and cost over $400.00 each, not some cheaply made drapes you find in most hotels.Our housekeepers usually do a really great job as we do not hear many complaints at all regarding housekeeping, as you mentioned the only problem you could specify was the ironing board which could have been switched out in minutes had you notified someone of the problem. If you compare our rates/amenities with any hotel close to 4th street live (3 miles away) as you mentioned nobody else comes even close to our value we offer. Again thanks for your review and we hope that you decide to come again in the future when in Louisville.
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My wife and I just returned from staying there. We were very pleased. The place has aged, but for the $ we are pleased. We told them that we planned on returning again. The breakfast was
okay, not great but it filled you up.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
tkr101, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites University/Airport, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank You!We appreciate your feedback on tripadvisor and truly hope you decide to stay with us again if you are in Louisville.
Morgantown, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

The Good: This hotel is within fair proximity to downtown. It's less than three miles from Main Street, so it's a little quieter and a heck of a lot cheaper than hotels right in the heart of Louisville. I was also able to book a room with a whirlpool tub for much less than a standard room at a Holiday Inn or Hampton Inn. I took and advantage of this feature and it was quite nice. The room also seemed clean aside from a few flecks of glitter that were on the grout of
tile in kitchen. (The kitchen and whirlpool tub were features of the king suite.)

The Bad: My non-smoking room smelled of cigarettes. I didn't arrive until 10 p.m. and didn't want to mess with changing rooms, so I didn't complain until the following morning. There are smoking rooms in this hotel, so even if you get a non-smoking room, your room will likely end up stinking. Also, this hotel is located in what looked to be an industrial section of town, and there is not much around as far as restaurants and shopping.

The Ugly: I was a quite disturbed by the fact that the canopy over my bed had holes in it (see photos) and there were stains on the sofa. My overall impression was that this did not seem like the kind of hotel where you would take your family. I'm sure I don't need to go into further detail of what I mean by that. There are plenty of other hotels in Louisville, so I will pass on this hotel the next time I'm in town.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
tkr101, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites University/Airport, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel, We try our very best to insure that each guest is happy with their stay. We try our best to deter smoking in our non-smoking rooms as we charge deposits if a guest pays cash for a non-smoking room and this has greatly reduced incidents where people smoke in the room.Our hotel is within 3 blocks from the University of Louisville/historic district and 6 blocks from over a dozen restaurants and we have 8 different restaurants that deliver directly to the room. Again we greatly appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel on trip advisor.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

My husband and I arrived late evening and stayed for 3 days. The staff was friendly the other tenants seemed nice also. Unfortunately, I did not stay in the lobby area or outside the room area much to say anything about unsavory people lingering. Our experience was a nice staff, decent continential breakfast, I enjoyed the workout room with tv and towels, I enjoyed my bed made for a "Queen", and the Jacuzzi tub. The room we got was smaller than I thought it would be compared to the photos, but overall I would recommend this location for a relaxing vacation. The staff was very catering and accomodating to us. When we are back in the area we will stay again!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
tkr101, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites University/Airport, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to review us on trip advisor, we appreciate your feedback and hope you do decide to stay with us in the future.