“Enjoyed our stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites University/Airport

You added Quality Inn & Suites University/Airport to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites University/Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   311 E Gaulbert Ave, Louisville, KY 40208 (Old Louisville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #66 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Nashville, Tennessee
“Enjoyed our stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My wife and I just returned from staying there. We were very pleased. The place has aged, but for the $ we are pleased. We told them that we planned on returning again. The breakfast was
okay, not great but it filled you up.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
tkr101, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites University/Airport, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank You!We appreciate your feedback on tripadvisor and truly hope you decide to stay with us again if you are in Louisville.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Morgantown, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

The Good: This hotel is within fair proximity to downtown. It's less than three miles from Main Street, so it's a little quieter and a heck of a lot cheaper than hotels right in the heart of Louisville. I was also able to book a room with a whirlpool tub for much less than a standard room at a Holiday Inn or Hampton Inn. I took and advantage of this feature and it was quite nice. The room also seemed clean aside from a few flecks of glitter that were on the grout of
tile in kitchen. (The kitchen and whirlpool tub were features of the king suite.)

The Bad: My non-smoking room smelled of cigarettes. I didn't arrive until 10 p.m. and didn't want to mess with changing rooms, so I didn't complain until the following morning. There are smoking rooms in this hotel, so even if you get a non-smoking room, your room will likely end up stinking. Also, this hotel is located in what looked to be an industrial section of town, and there is not much around as far as restaurants and shopping.

The Ugly: I was a quite disturbed by the fact that the canopy over my bed had holes in it (see photos) and there were stains on the sofa. My overall impression was that this did not seem like the kind of hotel where you would take your family. I'm sure I don't need to go into further detail of what I mean by that. There are plenty of other hotels in Louisville, so I will pass on this hotel the next time I'm in town.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
tkr101, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites University/Airport, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel, We try our very best to insure that each guest is happy with their stay. We try our best to deter smoking in our non-smoking rooms as we charge deposits if a guest pays cash for a non-smoking room and this has greatly reduced incidents where people smoke in the room.Our hotel is within 3 blocks from the University of Louisville/historic district and 6 blocks from over a dozen restaurants and we have 8 different restaurants that deliver directly to the room. Again we greatly appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel on trip advisor.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

My husband and I arrived late evening and stayed for 3 days. The staff was friendly the other tenants seemed nice also. Unfortunately, I did not stay in the lobby area or outside the room area much to say anything about unsavory people lingering. Our experience was a nice staff, decent continential breakfast, I enjoyed the workout room with tv and towels, I enjoyed my bed made for a "Queen", and the Jacuzzi tub. The room we got was smaller than I thought it would be compared to the photos, but overall I would recommend this location for a relaxing vacation. The staff was very catering and accomodating to us. When we are back in the area we will stay again!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
tkr101, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites University/Airport, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to review us on trip advisor, we appreciate your feedback and hope you do decide to stay with us in the future.
Foley, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We stayed here 7/1/12 making our way back home to the AL Gulf Coast from being assigned in work for a month in NY. We went with the king suite with jacuzzi tub. We arrived shortly after 315pm, checked in and found our room had not been clean. This wasn't a problem to us - the front desk apologized and explained they had been fully occupied the night before. We ran to the local store and by the time we got back our room was cleaned! My husband and I really enjoyed the jacuzzi tub for two - so much so that we are going to renovate our master bath at home so we can have a jacuzzi tub! I did feel the price for the suite on a Sunday night was a bit steep - $184 with tax. Also, the hotel itself is located directly off I-65 and some shady characters were hanging around the exterior and actually checking in with a strict "No Parties" sign on the front desk check in. I would recommend the owners of the hotel possibly hire an off duty police officer for evenings and weekends which will deter the unsavory characters from hanging around and possibly keeping quality guests from staying or returning. Overall - great room, great staff and convenient for I-65 travel. We would have gone to Churchill Downs this past Sunday night, but shortly after check in huge thunderstorms moved into the area. Luckily the front desk clerk recommended and awesome Chinese restaurant that delivered!!

Room Tip: King Jacuzzi Suite was expensive but worth it.... although I did price the same room for August on a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
The Villages, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

We took a chance and booked this hotel and glad we did the check in gal Susie was wonderful. Very friendly and gave us a good recommendation for a restaurant. The room was very clean and well stocked. Bath was also good Good experience

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Stockbridge, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012 via mobile

We were surprised after reading a few reviews...our room was clean and roomy. Bathroom was very nice with a Jacuzzi tub. Breakfast was similar to those at Holiday Inn. We would come back.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Kentucky, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

Worst hotel I ever stayed in!!! BLOOD on the sheets!! yes I said blood. Ants all over the counter
and nightstand and bed. Dust caked all in the headboard and nightstand. And a BEDBUG!!! Could it get worse? Yes it can. A rude manager who accused us of trying to get a free hotel room even after he came to the room and saw it for himself... REALLY... As we were leaving a young man behind us spoke up and said there was blood on his pillowcase, still the manager refused to do anything. Looks can be decieving, the pictures look good but THIS PLACE IS DISCUSTING / UNSANITARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
tkr101, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites University/Airport, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
We had a certified specialist come and inspect the rooms that were occupied by this guest and they found no sign of bedbugs.

Been to Quality Inn & Suites University/Airport? Share your experiences!