“Will not come back” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Louisville North

Ramada Louisville North
You added Ramada Louisville North to your Saves list
Ramada Louisville North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1041 Zorn Avenue, I-71 Exit #2 & Zorn Avenue, Louisville, KY 40207 (East Louisville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #58 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Harstad, Norway
“Will not come back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2008

Of all the hotel stays I have had in my life, this was by far the worst. The room was freezing, since they have to choose AC or heat, and October seems to be too early to turn on the heat. Water stains in the ceiling, drawer on dresser was falling off, outlet didn't work...I could go on and on.

For me though, the worst part was breakfast, or the lack thereof. I was in Louisville to run the half marathon, which started at 8am. I was over the phone told that breakfast was at 6am as it normally is at hotels, and felt that was enough time before the race. To my surprise breakfast wasn't until 7am, and I had to drive around to find somewhere to eat. Far from ideal, as you can imagine.

I can safely say that I will never be back, and I would recommend for everyone to stay clear of this sorry excuse for a hotel.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Nashville, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2008

Found one of those interstate coupon books at a rest area and chose this place for it's price ($49).

Room was good sized, on back of hotel away from traffic noise. Clean, toilietries provided, comfortable bed and a decent (pastry/cereal based) free breakfast. The night clerk (Patsy) was super friendly and gave me a nice room close to where I could park my cycle and see it out my window. THANKS Patsy!!

Domino's delivers after 11:00 PM here and they have a on-site bar if you need to unwind after a long ride.

Will stay here again!

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2008

I am an adventurous and bit realistic person. I saw all the positive and negative reviews and yet tried out the place. I have been to this locative in January, March and now.
And I can say that seeing is believing. At the first glance it seems that the hotel has either changed ownership or the management is getting darn serious. These are the things that have changed since my last 2 visits.

The exterior brick is all covered. The hotel looks lot brighter during the day and a tons of white light all around during the night. Seems like also the management is going to get rid of the central air in the rooms and installing digitally controlled AC/Heat. I saw my room with prep done. There are storage containers in the parking lot which the manager told me that the hotel will have new furniture, mattress, drapes, paint in rooms.

I did not see any new mattress or beddings, except the new blankets. So seems like this hotel is under RENOVATION.

• Liked — Great staff, clean rooms, easy access, 25-30% cheaper than downtown hotels
  • Disliked — Hotel has a dated look, but seems like work is being done.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2008

First off the hotel room was disgusting. The bedding had a mildew smell and there were large noticeable water stains on the ceiling, which I can only attribute to the roof leaking on the bedding and housekeeping not cleaning the wet bedding.

The prices in the bar did not reflect the hotel the bar was in. $4 for a bottle of domestic beer and $9 for a small bacardi and coke is outrageous.

We booked a room with a king bed and they gave us a room with 2 double beds. Not that it was a big deal but I would expect to get the room that I booked.

The front desk staff was as unaccomodating as could be. All I asked for was late check out because we have a 3 month old baby and the attitude the lady gave me when she said she could give me an extra 30 minutes was appalling. Anyone with a baby knows 30 minutes was nothing and we were out of the room only 15 minutes later than they gave us and we were charged for an extra night! A whole night for checking out 15 minutes late!

This hotel was pathetic and I would not recommend it to my worst enemy.

• Liked — I guess the bar area was nice but unexpectedly and outrageously expensive.
  • Disliked — Pretty much everything was terrible about this accomodation
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Indianapolis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2008

This is a pretty typical Ramada Inn. Yeah, there was toothpaste in the sink, but otherwise it seemed clean enough, although certainly nothing commendable about it. Worth an overnight stay if you do not intend to spend much time in the room.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2008

Really wanted to like this place, but it's a low rent masquerade. First thing was the hairs that didn't belong in the sink (yes, those kind). Then the toilet not particularly well-cleaned (more hairs). How about the dirty towel behind the bathroom door. Oh, and the dirty, stained, hand towel hung beside the new towels at the sink. Cheap toilet. Shower hot & cold fluctuated at whim. And the lumpy bed and well-worn linens topped it off. I was scared to get in bed - didn't trust this place at all. Sure, it's pet friendly, but at $10/dog; maybe a $10/person charge could pay for better cleaning between visits? And the strange 'lobby' smelled funky too. We couldn't wait to get out of there.

• Stayed June 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Central Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2008

Just say no!!

I don't even know where to begin with this hotel. First off, it's in a bad section. I did NOT feel safe there. The rooms were dark, smelled of just ... musk, mixed with an over powering cleaning smell. I'm convinced they had air freshener in there - because the room was NOT clean.

I didn't run into ONE other guest, that didn't make me clutch my purse and daughter a little bit tighter. This is convienent, so you get whoever off the interstate. The price is good but that's about it. Just remember, you get WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!!!

I didn't feel safe there. The manager was willing to work with us, so my husband went and saw another room .... same issues. Oh and it was really hot too. The air was on 50 ... but it was hot - even in the other room my husband looked at.

They did refund our money ...and we did find several other better places to stay. Instead of staying here, go over the bridge into Jeffersonville, IN - which is 2 miles or so away and stay at TownePlace Suites. This place is amazing. So clean. New. Nice. LOVE IT! But the Ramada ... I wouldn't reccomend that place to my worst ENEMY!!! I was one to not take reviews seriously .... I figured I'd find out for myself.

My suggestion - check the room out FIRST before unloading all over your stuff!!!!

• Liked — That they refunded our money!!!
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING BUT WHAT I STATED ABOVE ...
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Ramada Louisville North? Share your experiences!