My wife, daughter and I stayed at the Seelbach Easter weekend in conjunction with a relatives wedding and wedding reception which both took place at the hotel. As a wedding venue, the Seelbach is quit spectacular. The ceremony was held upstairs in a beautiful well appointed hall that was simply but well decorated. Large windows afforded guests spectacular views of downtown Louisville. A cocktail hour followed in an adjoining room. Their were a wide variety of refreshments available and the young staff provided top notch service. A dinner and dancing followed in the downstairs ballroom. It was a fascinating room with interesting arches and tiling. The dinner was probably one of the best I have had at a large scale hotel reception. The salmon, filet and fresh asparagus were all perfectly prepared. Again, the hotel staff shined. Excellent waiters and bartenders.
The hotel is centrally located and major attractions are within easy walking distance. Fourth Street is closed off nearby with numerous chain restaurants lining the street and sidewalks.
The hotel lobby is spectacularly ornate and has a Starbucks off to the side. There is a bar to the side of the lobby with typical hotel prices.
The rooms fall a bit behind the rest of the hotel experience. The rooms are small the bathroom is small the bureaus are small and our window view was a brick wall. We requested a room cleaning at a time which we could coordinate with our getting prepared for the wedding but that did not occur despite several hours notice. Overall, the rooms were well kept and clean but nothing to write home about. We were charged 20 dollars extra per night for an allergen room. Other than a loudly running air purifier which we unplugged so we could sleep, not sure exactly what we got for the $20 surcharge.
The public areas of the hotel including the lobby and wedding celebration locations were pretty impressive. The rooms? Eh, not so much. Worth a stay? Yes. But don't plan on staying in your room when better sites beckon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic Downtown Hotel with Old World Charm and modern amenities - Home of The Oakroom, Kentucky's only 5 Diamond restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Seelbach Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seelbach Hilton Hotel Louisville
- Hilton Hotel Louisville
- Louisville Seelbach Hotel
- Seelbach Hilton Louisville Hotel
- Hilton Louisville