I stayed at the Seelbach in April 2014 to visit someone at University of Louisville medical complex. The check in was fast, the room was fairly spacious and the bed was very nice. The bathroom is a bit on the small side with a step up to enter the room, which might not work for older people or anyone with mobility issues. Also, the bathroom was in need of a touch up -- the wall paper was peeling and their was a small black (moldy) spot between the shower tile and the wooden door frame.
Also, the wifi was spotty, there is no safe and no fridge or minibar. Vending machines on the floor take credit cards, There is a CVS across the street and a Starbucks on the corner.
Noise from the hall is the most troubling part of the Seelbach, It's as if your room door was wide open. You can hear every conversation in the halls, as well as people walking, dishes clanking from room service trays, etc.
There was a wedding reception going on off the lobby, but I didn't hear any of that noise in my room, thankfully.
They do have a free shuttle to the airport, which was a ice surprise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic Downtown Hotel with Old World Charm and modern amenities - Home of The Oakroom, Kentucky's only 5 Diamond restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Seelbach Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seelbach Hilton Hotel Louisville
- Hilton Hotel Louisville
- Louisville Seelbach Hotel
- Seelbach Hilton Louisville Hotel
- Hilton Louisville