First, let me say if you like the early 20th century grand hotels, this is one of 2 places you must stay in Louisville. The Seelbach is a gorgeous facility and it is conveniently located downtown. The valet staff and room service was on top of their game, but otherwise the service was Ho hum. We never saw housekeeping in 2 days and had to call for towels. Left at 8 one morning and returned at 3, room hadn't been touched and I couldn't even find a maid cart on the entire floor. Also had some garbage under our sofa from previous guests. We had a drink at the world famous Seelbach Bar. Once again, beautiful place, but Ho hum staff. Definitely not worthy of the accolades they receive compared to other bars in a town loaded with great bars. And $15 for a basic premium bourbon is outrageous.
I may be too harsh but only because I'm comparing to fantastic stays at the Seelbach in previous years. Nonetheless, it seems they could be resting on the laurels of this gorgeous facility. Service wise they no longer compare to the other grand Louisville staple down the street. I hope this changes because otherwise, the Seelbach has always been one of my favorite hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic Downtown Hotel with Old World Charm and modern amenities - Home of The Oakroom, Kentucky's only 5 Diamond restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Hilton Hotels so you can book your Seelbach Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seelbach Hilton Hotel Louisville
- Hilton Hotel Louisville
- Louisville Seelbach Hotel
- Seelbach Hilton Louisville Hotel
- Hilton Louisville