“A blast from the past” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
York, United Kingdom
“A blast from the past”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Loved this Hilton. Takes you back to the old days in it's design but is very much up to date, as you would expect, in all other aspects.
Good location and the food was superb.
Staff extremely helpful.
Loved it !

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights last week during a business trip. I really like old-school hotels, and the Seelbach has that in spades. I am also a Hilton HHonors member, so a bonus.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, from front door to desk to housekeeping. The room I had was small and efficient, but warm and welcoming. I had plenty of room for my belongings and enough room in the bathroom for all the basics.

They were under construction on a new restaurant on lobby level, so a bit noisy...hopefully it will open in time for their holiday business. I didn't check out the fitness room, so can't comment there. I was on an executive floor (Hilton points!) so ate breakfast on the 7th floor, and the server was friendly and engaging.

I would definitely stay here again when visiting Louisville, even with its close proximity to the tourist-infested Fourth Street Live (not my bag, baby).

The hotel also offers a free shuttle to the airport and surrounding area, nice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have a special place in my heart for the grand old hotels.
You will have to put up with some things that a hotel this age
cant really do anything about- small bathrooms for one,
but overall this is a gem.
I have never had any sound problems. The bar is a nice spot.
The beds are excellent. Our room was spotless.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Charleston, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

No internet without pay. Rooms are tiny and not sound proof ..heard all of neighbors argument, make up sex and snores...smells of old cigars and musty. Huge spider web in ceiling corner. Disappointed for the price and location

• Stayed October 2013
State College, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I stayed at the Seelbach earlier this month for a conference. While I love grand, inner city hotels, it's sort of a crap shoot if they provide all the modern conveniences of a generic, modern hotel in the suburbs. I need not have worried about the Seelbach. It was a very pleasant experience. The public spaces are grand (check out the Rathskeller in the basement even if you don't have a function there), the guest rooms and bathrooms are as comfortable as in a hotel built 15 years ago. Yes, the bathroom is smaller than in a hotel in the suburbs, but it more than made up for that by being a well-designed space with more than ample water pressure and hot water. If you have business in downtown Louisville by all means, stay at the Seelbach.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Paeonian Springs, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Great old hotel. I should qualify that I like historic hotels and that ole' fashion-ness may not appeal to all. The room was huge and the bathroom very very tiny ( I don't know if every room is the same). Still - the beds were very cozy, the rooms quiet, the lobby pretty and the location favorable. The staff was eager to please and I have no complaints.

Room Tip: Ask about the bathroom in your particular room...my bathroom;s shower was maybe 3.5 square and the e...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I stayed here with my mom and her good friend on October 4, 2013, for one night. I work for Hilton, and got a fabulous deal. However, this hotel is worth every penny one would pay.
I wanted to make sure that my mom and her friend, who would be arriving several hours before me, could check into my room, using my discount. David at the front desk worked so wonderfully with me over the phone, I faxed over a few bits of information, and the other girls were able to check in early, around 10am (working in a hotel, I can tell you that early checkin-ins can be difficult to accommodate)!!
We had a wonderful dinner, and followed up with drinks a few blocks away. Walking back, we walked through Fourth Street Live! One of the entrances sits about 500 feet away from the hotel. I wish that I had not had to be at work early the next morning in another city, as I would have had us all go out there! Our room was near Fourth Street Live, and we did not hear a single peep of noise. It was fabulous.
The decor is to-die-for. The owners have really done a great job of keeping the original feel of the hotel. The elevators are absolutely fabulous. If you get a chance to walk downstairs and check out the Rathskeller, it is one of the most interesting rooms (for wedding receptions, balls, etc.) you will ever see.
We would all return and would suggest this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Seelbach Hilton? Share your experiences!