“Breakfast is far from boring here” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Toast On Market

Toast On Market
620 E Market St, Louisville, KY 40202 (Phoenix Hill)
+1 502-569-4099
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Neighborhood: Phoenix Hill
Michigan
“Breakfast is far from boring here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

If I could give an extra half point rating I would. We loved our breakfast there. I had a surprising twist on pancakes, tiramisu chocolate pancakes with a whipped cream sauce, yes, as decadent as it sounds! It was so good I can't even remember what everyone else at the table had. This is a great little place and we really liked the covered patio area. We arrived on a Saturday morning and it was starting to fill up, clearly a local's favorite. Coffee was great and the service was very good. We get so tired of boring breakfasts or microwaved fare from coffee shops so it was definitely worth savoring the morning at Toast; I be you will too if you give it a try.

Louisville, Kentucky
“Awesome Breakfast!... Just GO!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

We happened to pass by 'Toast' on Louisville's BUSIEST weekend, yep Derby weekend, and as many others have suggested the wait initially seemed daunting. We were not planning to eat there after attending to some Saturday business, but saw the large crowd of dapper-dressed people milling about out front and decided... "Hey, why not?". Once we committed, were not disappointed AT ALL!! First off, it was just 2 of us, so our wait was only about 15 minutes, and when seated we did not wait long for service. Even if your wait is much longer than 15 minutes, come mentally prepared and just STICK WITH IT!... you WILL NOT be sorry!
For beverages, we decided that due to such a festive weekend, we should go with one of the suggested mimosas (I went with the Mint Julep Mimosa, hers was a Kentucky Mimosa), and they were both great. For eats my wife chose the ('for-a-limited-time') 'Peach-Gingerbread-Crisp Pancakes' which looked like a work of art (See photo) and tasted TWICE as Good! I went with very hearty-sized "Cliffie's Plate", which included: eggs, choice of meat, choice of side, toast AND Pancakes... so.... so.... delectable (Homer Simpson drool sound-effect). Waiter was great, atmosphere great, menu eclectic (but not overly).

We will definitely go back, and take our friends AND family!

“Nice Breakfast/Lunch Joint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I had a quick lunch here with my mom. Although the breakfast menu looked very appealing we both opted for sandwiches. I had a Chicken pesto panini, which was served on delicious pressed bread and a nice cup of fruit. My mom opted for the caprese grilled cheese, which came with a large bowl of roasted tomato soup. It was too much food for her to finish, but she said it was quite a delicious sandwich. Really liked the atmosphere of the restaurant and it's location on Market in NuLu. I definitely would like to go back and try there breakfast items.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Lakeside Park, Kentucky
“Worth the Wait”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

If you decide you'd like to go out for breakfast on a weekend and drive by Toast on Market don't be discouraged by all the people waiting outside. This is the best place ever and very much worth however long you wait for a table. They let you grab a real cup (not disposable) and drink coffee while you're waiting, imagine that. Try it once and you'll be hooked forever.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Woodstock, GA
“Grest Way to Start the Day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

TripAdvisor was right on the money with this one. We arrived around 9 on a Sunday morning with no wait. We just beat the crowds. When we left there were people waiting inside and outside. Loved this space, the building has such a great history. Really lovely.
Service was outstanding, everyone was super friendly and clearly care about the customer. I never had an empty coffee cup !
The food? Delightful. The special was a black bean scramble with onions, peppers, fresh cilantro drizzled with a sour cream sauce. So good. Served with a side of a delicious Hash brown casserole, which has such a different flavor than any I've had before.
We also tried a lemon souffle pancake. Oh. My. Goodness. Just the perfect amount of lemon, the right amount of sweet, topped with a blueberry sauce. Pretty perfect.
Dont miss this treasure! !

Visited May 2014