“Best breakfast in Louisville” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Toast On Market

Toast On Market
620 E Market St, Louisville, KY 40202 (Phoenix Hill)
+1 502-569-4099
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Phoenix Hill
Marietta, Georgia
“Best breakfast in Louisville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I had the special: peanut butter and jelly pancakes with bacon on the side. It was outstanding. I had a coffee drink that was a little too sweet but was great after the waitress poured a little more coffee in it.

Wife had a couple mimosas and really enjoyed them (gran and pomegranate). We had heard the lemon soufflé pancakes were great so she got those but they weren't particularly lemony which was disappointing but still very good and fluffy.

Only downer was it made the rest of the breakfasts in Louisville make us feel like we were wasting our time and missing out on what could have been at Toast.

Ohio
“Delicious & Inviting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

My husband and I just recently went to Toast on Market for breakfast and LOVED the environment and the food! It's was great. The host was extremely friendly and made us feel very welcomed. My husband ordered The King, a side of bacon and dark roast coffee, and I had the bacon and egg sandwich. If I didn't have gestational diabetes, I would have definitely ordered The King as well. I had a tiny bite of my husband's and it. was. delicious. I had never tasted anything like it!! Wow. It's a very nice environment and seems as though it'd be a great place to go by yourself to read or do work, with your spouse, or as a group. It was excellent. We were extremely pleased!

Miami
“I LOVE BREAKFAST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

My niece was staying at a hotel down the block from this restaurant. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day so when I travel I like to enjoy a really good meal. Well my meal at Toast was exceptional. I can't remember the name of the egg dish I had but it had some peppers with sour cream and sausage. It was so good, but what really blew me away was the “Lemon Soufflé” pancakes. I only ordered one and was kicking myself after I left because I didn't get some to go. I haven't been able to eat any other kind of pancake without thinking of this one. It was truly the “BEST” pancake I have every eaten. And I LOVE pancakes.

I went during the weekday and there was no wait but if I didn't go back and there was a wait......I would wait!!!! Those pancakes are worth it.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
East coast
“Great cocktails, off balance recipes”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Toast on Market seems to have it all going on... Until the food comes. We visited this local Louisville restaurant for weekend brunch while traveling. Called ahead and reserved a table to minimize our wait. Restaurant was bustling, staff friendly. Cocktails looked amazing. Chorizo scramble was dry and strangely sweet, chicken salad too much mayo and fill, tomato soup seemed right out of a box. This restaurant seems to have it all together except for their recipes.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Worth the Walk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

My mom and I walked to this gem from our hotel located 3/4 of a mile away. We should have taken the trolley. The staff was wonderful, and my egg sandwich was delicious. The flavors were a blend of sour, hickory, and smooth. I thought a complicated mixture that made my mouth sing. The food was gourmet at middle class prices that I appreciated. My caramel macchiato was absolutely professionally made. The barista there knew his or her business. My only complaint was that my son did not get to experience this place with us. :(