“That southern kind of hospitality” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Brown Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Brown Hotel to your Saves list
The Brown Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   335 W Broadway, Louisville, KY 40202 (Formerly The Camberley Brown Hotel) (Central Business District)   |
Ranked #5 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Melbourne, Australia
“That southern kind of hospitality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

The largest hotel room I've ever stayed in! I definitely recommend The Brown if you're looking for something special with more of a local feel; for us it was a decision between The Brown and 21c, but as out-of-towners, I think we made the right decision.
Beautiful interiors, great service, fantastic room, plenty of bourbon options and, finally, a bartender that can make a superb Old Fashioned. Couldn't have asked for much more.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Brad W, General Manager at The Brown Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Guest,
Pleased to see that you chose us over the competition in town.
We are very proud of our lobby bartender staff, who are well versed in everything about Kentucky’s native spirit and can recommend from any of our 50+ bourbon selections.
Look forward to having you back with us.
bwalker@brownhotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Radcliff
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I love this Hotel. I am here for a wedding. I enjoyed my stay, this is my second time spending the weekend at The Brown a Hotel. Entire room is spacious. It was six ladies getting ready in my room at one time & it worked.
My best Friend got married in the Crystal ballroom & reception was on the entire 16th floor; both was nice, Debbie from the brown is awesome. All hotel staff has been the absolute Best an accommodating.

Now! I will see this, I ordered the Classic breakfast it was not good bacon was burnt, eggs was juicy ( lol), toast was burnt for $25. Also, my plumbing is suspect, it seems to be a disaster waiting to happen. I'm very careful not to use too much of anything that would cause a mess. Lastly, the cleaning staff overlooked clean my room, but It was restocked late last night with no problem.

This is a very old Hotel, yet, very well kept. You will see dated places but it's still a pretty perfect place to stay. I was in room 920, overall I'm very satisfied.

Room Tip: Room 920, you can here hallway & room to room conversation, however, the class of people use pro...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Recently stayed 2 nights so I could be downtown for a couple of events and it turned into the perfect weekend getaway. The upgraded room was spacious, had lots of windows and the beds were heaven. Every member of the staff I encountered had a smile and wanted to make sure I had the best stay possible. Will be back!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Brownsfan82
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I just can't pull myself to giving this hotel a five rating. The staff is courtesy and friendly, the beds are okay and the layout of the room is nice and large. However, parking costs 24 dollars a night...with tax..lol why with tax? Another issue is that even though the rooms have that antique look..everything is made in China and not very eclectic. For what I paid it was a fair price, but I wouldn't pay much more. No pool, but it's okay...we didn't expect one. Some rooms have noise reduction window covers and some do not..so check before you stay, because the noise from the street could keep an individual up all night.

Stayed March 2014
Brad W, General Manager at The Brown Hotel, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write and for the favorable comments on our staff courtesy. Our pillow top bed mattresses are all brand new, so hopefully you slept well.
Parking is a bit of a costly endeavor downtown, though we keep our rates below most of our competition. Unfortunately, those tax collectors want their share.
Please let me know when your travels next bring you our way…and I’ll personally block a room for you with eclectic furnishings.
Hope to see you back soon.
Independence, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful from start to finish. We will be back. This gem is walking distance to the Yum Center/Fourth St Live. The decor is amazing. Everyone was pleasant and helpful. Parking is simple enough. Our room was clean... loved the bathroom. We just really enjoyed our stay.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Brad W, General Manager at The Brown Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Kimberly,
Appreciate the nice thoughts. Always great to hear “perfect.”
Thank you for mentioning our good location downtown, central to many of the attractions.
Please allow me to handle your next reservation and a chance to welcome you back to the Brown.
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Stayed here just 1 night. While I am aware this this is an older "historic" hotel that is no excuse for peeling paint, stained curtains and worn out looking furniture that would look more at home at Goodwill. (If they would accept it.) Even though I stayed on the club level, and paid a premium for it, the bathroom was tiny and dated, the walls way too thin and some of my fellow guests looked as though they might have been more at home at Motel 6. Wait-that's too hard on people who stay at Motel 6. This despite the stuck up young man at the front deck treating me as though I wasn't good enough to stay there. I did have a room service breakfast which was pretty good (if not cheap) and left as quickly as possible.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We like the elegance of the hotel and the staff's concern for getting the details just right--from magazines about Bourbon, Louisville, and Kentucky attractions to high quality soaps and other toiletries. The cleaning staff does a great job and respectfully honors "Do Not Disturb" signs. The service at check-in and check-out is flawless: friendly, efficient, and helpful. We like the beauty of the hotel as well as the nice rooms and free Wi-Fi. This is one of our two favorite hotels in Louisville.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the detailed thoughts.
Pleased to read we are one of your top two. Please allow me to handle your next reservation, where I would like to hear what we need to do to move up to your clear #1 choice in the city.
Hope to have you back in the near future.
bwalker@brownhotel.com

Been to The Brown Hotel? Share your experiences!