“Nice & Easy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Brown Hotel

You added The Brown Hotel to your Saves list
The Brown Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   335 W Broadway, Louisville, KY 40202 (Formerly The Camberley Brown Hotel) (Central Business District)   |
Special Offer
Complimentary Wifi
Ranked #5 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
san francisco
“Nice & Easy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Hotel was very clean and the customer service was outstanding. The queen bed room on the club level that my husband and I shared was tiny and very difficult to live in - no plug in near mirror (stuff like that). The club level was definitely worth it for us, for a quick and surprisingly yummy breakfast and the evening service since we were touring all day and arrived back to hotel for a quick refresh and then a few drinks and snacks to tide us over until later dining with friends.
I did feel that the rooms we saw (ours and a few friends) needed some updating - huge TV cabinets, ugly window coverings, and ancient coffee services.
History of place was super interesting.

Room Tip: far from most of the other downtown "Stuff"
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

The customer service was excellent. The bell staff, security, front desk--everyone I came in contact with, were very accommodating and wonderful. The room I stayed in was excellent and the architecture of the lobby (1920s/30s) was awe inspiring.

The location of the hotel was great as well. It was a block away from the Palace Theater where I went and saw a concert.
Overall 5 stars!
jc

Room Tip: Rooms by the elevators (although some noise) are huge.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
PORTLAND,OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Located in the venerable construction from 1923, The Brown is an institution in Louisville. Operated as an 1859 Historic Hotel, its resident charm and style from the 1920's has been retained with wonderfully update rooms. The bones are good yet some meeting rooms are not up to date since this would have been a major structural overall. The baths are large and have windows with a flood of natural light. So many contemporary hotels turn the bath into a cramped, dark, sweaty box...unappealing.

The staff and service are exceptional. To a person I found everyone friendly, helpful and stunningly courteous. You can't fake this stuff. We were attending a Rotary District meeting and my colleagues noted, repeatedly, how friendly the staff was. Additionally, the planned meals were excellent..banquet food is tough to do well. The bartenders were very professional, the reception noshes were elegant, ample and varied. The English Grille is a bit spendy but old world elegant. The location is very convenient to other restaurants...easy walking distance.

Room rate was $120! And immediately adjacent self-parking was only $10.

Value, style, elegance and Four Diamond Service...priceless.

Room Tip: If you love natural light, select a south facing room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Brad W, General Manager at The Brown Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Very pleased to read your note that our service was "exceptional and stunningly courteous." That is exactly what we strive for.
We enjoyed serving your group this week.
Please let me know when your travels bring you back our way and I'll have a special room for you.

Regards,
Brad Walker
Vice President and General Manager
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I stayed at The Brown Hotel for 2 nights last weekend, and let me tell you I had a great experience! The Hot Brown was delicious, the customer service was wonderful and the hotel was very clean!! I must say I was very impressed with this hotel and the beds were comfortable, which is a huge plus. The location is perfect because it is so close to 4th Street Live. There is an employee named Judd that just made my weekend a better experience. His customer service was amazing and out of this world. He drove me and my group of friends around to the different bars/clubs at 4th Street Live. He was always on call and prompt. He is polite, funny, and knows his job very well. I believe he is a great employee of The Brown Hotel. I swear I can go on and on about this employee. Thank You Judd for making our experience an even better one! This hotel is great and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to note your service from Judd. He is a special employee...always going the extra step with our guests.
Please let me know when your travels bring you back our way and I'll reserve a nice room for you.

Regards,
Brad Walker
Vice President and General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

My husband and I recently held our wedding reception at the Brown and I have to write a review about how fabulous our experience was. First of all, each member of the staff was incredibly accommodating to our huge group of out of town wedding guests from Chicago and all over the US. Everyone raved about the southern hospitality. Also, Debbie and the event/wedding planning team were spectacular!!! The event was absolutely flawless, The food at the cocktail hour and dinner was awesome. The decor looked perfect. Additionally, the rooms were beautiful and well-appointed - especially the bridal suite and the Ali suite where the parents of the groom were staying. I can honestly say that our whole wedding party was treated like royalty. My husband and I are so happy that we trusted the Brown with one of the most important days of our lives! Thank you to everyone there for making it such an unforgettable experience for us and our friends and family!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I was attending a conference at the Brown and got lucky enough to be able to stay there too! Awesome time. From the front desk staff at check in to check out, everyone was great. The decor is beautiful, my room was always fresh and clean. Want to thank Nathan at the front desk for helping me print my boarding pass for my flight the night before I left. Make sure you have one of their signature cocktails from the lobby lounge. I had the "Kentucky Derby" and it topped off an excellent night. The young lady at the front desk recommended the place we went to eat at the first night and she was spot on about it having good food. Last thing, thanks to the guys at the bell desk who managed to get me the last seat on the shuttle to the airport at the last minute thus getting me to the airport for a less stressful flight.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Covington, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Stopped here for a quick meeting and ended up just booking a room for the night. Stayed on one of the 'club' floors where the 'extra's' are worth it. Had great snacks and drinks for apps and then the breakfast was nice and easy. Good for any business traveler but they also have some great Groupon coupon deals for a fun weekend available every now and then. Beautiful lobby, close walk to 4th Street Live, and nice rooms. Would recommend ;)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Brown Hotel? Share your experiences!