“Pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #51 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Cinton, TN
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

This hotel is in a very safe area. I was somewhat surprised, I have been in some Best Westerns that were dumps. This hotel was very clean and the front desk staff were superb. One more thing I enjoyed was being able to sleep late and not having a maid knocking on the door at 9:00am as I have with other hotels. All in all it was a great experience and a great hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Nashville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

older hotel. appears well kept but bed was saggy in middle and little things like dusty switchplates made it feel less than appealing. allows pets so if you're allergic, beware. also has smoking rooms and I encountered a lady smoking in the hallway. low rates attract some odd/questionable guests. overall, recommend for those on a budget. otherwise, go for the crowne plaza airport. stayed there last time I was in louisville and it was modern, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed July 2010
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

Good for a stop over. Rooms were very clean and spacious. Location is not too close to downtown. We got a little lost. It was about a 15 minute drive. It was, however, directly off the freeway. Continental Breakfast was good! A wide variety of food! Very spacious eating area. Also, I was excited to be chosen as "Guest of the Day", receiving a little bag of treats.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

The staff are nice and the decor is fine but it's really a shabby, beaten up old hotel with a new paint job. It's not very clean, there are tears in the hall wallpaper, and several of the room doors look like they were forced at one time. It has a stale smell, too. It's bad enough that I went over the mattress very carefully, if you catch my drift. I didn't find any creepy crawlies, at least. I am most disappointed in the experience - this is not equivalent to other 2.5 stars such as Fairfield Inn.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Southeast Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2010

My wife and I stayed here for a nice romantic getaway for Valentines Day. We got a great special rate on Travelosity, so we didn't have any direct billing experience with the hotel itself.

After reading some of the negative reviews, we were a little hesitant to stay here but we're both glad we did. We had a great experience with this hotel.

Upon arrival there was plenty of parking and the desk staff were really helpful and nice. Our room was spacious and very clean. The furniture was in good repair, the wireless internet was easy to connect to and had good speed. The heater worked well and quiet. The wallpaper and trim in the room was pristine. There wasn't a tear or mark anywhere that we could see. The shower had a bowed shower curtain rod, good water pressure and good soft water. My wife and I appreciate that as we are used to a water softener at home. The bed was very comfortable and we had plenty of extra pillows. The room was very quiet. We didn't hear one knock or thump at all during our stay. The room did not have a microwave or mini-fridge and that is the only thing that would have made it better. We would not hesitate to stay here again or recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2010

The worst hotel experience I've had to date. While the room was entirely unexceptional, the staff and hotel manager were hands down, the most unpleasant folks in Lousiville. After I checked out, my debit card was overcharged $86, forcing it to go over the balance, incurring $70 worth in overdraft fees from the bank. It took three phone calls to get the manager - who was always out of the office... - on the line. She was rude, incompetent, and clearly uninterested in my problem. After explaining the problem - and that I wanted the hotel to refund the overdraft charges, as well - she agreed to pay back the $86, but refused to pay the overdraft charges. I was forced to call Best Western Customer Service, who, unsurprisingly, did nothing. In the end, I was out $70. Terrible experience!

• Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2009

I booked and paid for a room for 5 nights. The stay was good, but a few months later i was charged $855 w/o notice or explanation. Best Western customer service was unhelpful in addressing the issue or ensuring customer satisfaction. I disputed the charges w/ my credit card company, but i would be very leery of stying at this property.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Airport East/Expo Center? Share your experiences!