“Nice!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #53 of 95 hotels in Louisville
California
“Nice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

Good for a stop over. Rooms were very clean and spacious. Location is not too close to downtown. We got a little lost. It was about a 15 minute drive. It was, however, directly off the freeway. Continental Breakfast was good! A wide variety of food! Very spacious eating area. Also, I was excited to be chosen as "Guest of the Day", receiving a little bag of treats.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

162 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

The staff are nice and the decor is fine but it's really a shabby, beaten up old hotel with a new paint job. It's not very clean, there are tears in the hall wallpaper, and several of the room doors look like they were forced at one time. It has a stale smell, too. It's bad enough that I went over the mattress very carefully, if you catch my drift. I didn't find any creepy crawlies, at least. I am most disappointed in the experience - this is not equivalent to other 2.5 stars such as Fairfield Inn.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Southeast Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2010

My wife and I stayed here for a nice romantic getaway for Valentines Day. We got a great special rate on Travelosity, so we didn't have any direct billing experience with the hotel itself.

After reading some of the negative reviews, we were a little hesitant to stay here but we're both glad we did. We had a great experience with this hotel.

Upon arrival there was plenty of parking and the desk staff were really helpful and nice. Our room was spacious and very clean. The furniture was in good repair, the wireless internet was easy to connect to and had good speed. The heater worked well and quiet. The wallpaper and trim in the room was pristine. There wasn't a tear or mark anywhere that we could see. The shower had a bowed shower curtain rod, good water pressure and good soft water. My wife and I appreciate that as we are used to a water softener at home. The bed was very comfortable and we had plenty of extra pillows. The room was very quiet. We didn't hear one knock or thump at all during our stay. The room did not have a microwave or mini-fridge and that is the only thing that would have made it better. We would not hesitate to stay here again or recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2010

The worst hotel experience I've had to date. While the room was entirely unexceptional, the staff and hotel manager were hands down, the most unpleasant folks in Lousiville. After I checked out, my debit card was overcharged $86, forcing it to go over the balance, incurring $70 worth in overdraft fees from the bank. It took three phone calls to get the manager - who was always out of the office... - on the line. She was rude, incompetent, and clearly uninterested in my problem. After explaining the problem - and that I wanted the hotel to refund the overdraft charges, as well - she agreed to pay back the $86, but refused to pay the overdraft charges. I was forced to call Best Western Customer Service, who, unsurprisingly, did nothing. In the end, I was out $70. Terrible experience!

• Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2009

I booked and paid for a room for 5 nights. The stay was good, but a few months later i was charged $855 w/o notice or explanation. Best Western customer service was unhelpful in addressing the issue or ensuring customer satisfaction. I disputed the charges w/ my credit card company, but i would be very leery of stying at this property.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2009

We travel to Louisville frequently to visit our daughter at University. Holiday Inn Airport East turned into a college residence hall, so we thought we'd try the Best Western Airport East across the road. Having been in the area numerous times, we were aware of the awkward way to get to this hotel. Front of hotel is all glass and the door isnt obvious. Also no power assists on the doors. The lady at check in wasnt super friendly but was functional. The room keys wouldnt open our door. Down to desk for new keys. Lady wasnt very apologetic, reran keys. Tried the second set, still didnt work. Back downstairs. This time the lady made me feel that I was just too stupid to operate a simple hotel room key. She made a whole new set. Finally on the 3rd try we were able to get into our room. Room was adequate - no fridge, no microwave, two doubles. Ok for the price I guess, but pretty bare bones. No bedspread, no duvet, only a very thin cotton blanket, almost like a hospital would use. No extra blankets in room. Next morning mentioned to front desk that we'd like blankets. Different person on desk. He pretty much snapped that there were blankets in both top drawers of the dresser and if there werent to call down. Again, that "customer is stupid" attitude came through. I asked a housekeeping lady cleaning the rooms and she brought us two more of the thin cotton blankets. At checkout, the lady on the desk was functional, but not very friendly. I got the feeling they didnt care if I'd had a good stay, or even if I came back.
If you just want a "bed" then I guess this is an ok place. Do NOT take a room facing the expressway. Our room was quiet and faced the front. If you want a place where the staff is friendly, is happy to have your business, wants you to be happy - then I dont think this is the place. There are other hotels fairly close that are probably friendler. We didnt experience any "Southern Charm" from the 3 front desk people we dealt with.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Bay City, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

My husband and I stayed here on our way South. The choice of a Mexican restaurant for the hotel seems a bit strange--I myself don't like Mexican food. We were disappointed that the room didn't have a refrigerator--I think in this day and age all rooms should have one. The breakfast was good the next day.

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Airport East/Expo Center? Share your experiences!