“Credit charges” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #53 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Louisville
“Credit charges”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

In review of the wrong credit card being chaged, customer service nor the property hotel could not hold any one person accounable for the mishap. I would not trust booking a hotel with them over the internet or even calling to communicate with an associate.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
French Lick, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I booked a room close to the testing site of a test that I need for my job. It was about twenty address numbers away from my testing site, so I was very happy when I arrived to find out that it was next door. The outside of the hotel was nice, the check in went ok, then I got to my room. The TV remote would not change the channel, it would only blink and take you back to the same station. The problem with the remote was reported, but was not working when I left. The restaurant and bar was not very good. I had a grilled chicken sandwich that I could not bite through, and I do not think they knew what I meant when I asked for a frozen drink, with rum in it. The next morning, breakfast was fantastic and free. I have another test to take in about 4 months, I may just drive down early in the morning the next time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bestwestern18076, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Airport East/Expo Center, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Thank you for your review. We take these reviews seriously and your comments are very helpful in making improvements. We do care about our guests.
Kansas City, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Very close to the airport. A little confusing to get to the hotel, but there were additional signs to help us find our way. I'd suggest looking at mapquest/google maps prior to heading there. VERY friendly hotel staff that were amazing. Breakfast room attendants kept the food stocked well and the room clean.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review. We appreciate all of our guests feedback.
Richmond, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed here on July 19th, and it was a very pleasant stay. We arrived an hour before check in and the lady at the front desk allowed me to go ahead and check in, thankfully as it was very hot that day and we had two small children with us. Our family enjoyed the pool very much. The front desk staff were very professional and helpful. We weren't familiar with the area so they gave us very simple directions on how to get to restaurants and to the airport. It was a little crowded with teenage basketball players but they were all very courteous to our children while swimming and there was virtually no noise when we tucked into bed that night. I've seen a lot of people complain about outdated rooms, our room was very up to date with a flat screen television. The only problem I encountered was the bathtub. It was full of black hairs. No one in our family has black hair, so I had to wipe down and rinse the tub in hot water before we showered and I bathed the kids. That was the only problem we had. It being so small I didn't bother to complain to the front desk about it. If we are ever in the area again we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We appreciate all of our guests feedback.
new york, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

the 2 rooms we stayed in were both very well kept, neat, and very welcoming. the only thing i can think about that somewhat bothered me(and this is me looking for something negative to say) is that it's quite impossible to find a cup of coffee at 2AM. but then again, who other than me wakes up in the middle of the night and decides they want coffee? The hotel was full of young basketball players(probably playing at the expo center). I was concerned the noise level would be bad. the room was sound proofed well though. didnt hear a thing from the hall while in the room. staff was extremely friendly yet professional. I will return on my next trip to kentucky

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bestwestern18076, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Airport East/Expo Center, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for your review. I appreciate your feedback. We do serve coffee 24/7 in the lobby, and if for some reason you run out of coffee in the room, the front desk will be happy to supply you with more. We hope to see you again in the future!

Shannon Acton
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had a pleasant 4 night stay. Our room was clean and comfortable. The free breakfast had a good selection of items and was satisfying. The hotel's location was also convenient as it was just off of the interstate.

We went into the exercise room, but it was cramped and smelly, so we left. Also, we weren't able to use the pool because it was only open from 9AM-9PM and we wanted to go from 9-10PM.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay at this hotel and would stay again if we are in the area and the price is right. We were able to get a nice deal and felt that the hotel was great for the price we paid.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! I appreciate any and all feedback from our customers. I do apologize the fitness room was smelly, we unfortunately had a leak in the air conditioner and since then, we have had the carpet cleaned and treated. I apologize you weren't able to use the outdoor pool, and we may consider keeping it open later next season. We hope to see you again in the future!

Shannon Acton
Nashua, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Friendly and helpful staff. Reasonable rates. Must arrange transportation for your needs (public transportation network in this area is not robust), but they do provide transportation to airport. Within walking distance of a convenience store. Close to on-off ramps of highway. One exit away from large choice of restaurants. Large groups stay here & have potential to make noise, but for my visit was quiet after 10:00 pm.

Room Tip: you can ask for a room near pop machine or near an exit to parking lot