Our stay was on June 28/29/2013 after staying at the Best Western in Georgetown the night before. Ok, upon arrival we were told our request could not be honored having the two king bed rooms on the first floor because they were just too busy. We booked the rooms over a month in advance so you would have expected that to happen. Our two rooms ended up being on the second floor for the stay and we could live with that. Upon exiting the elevator the halls on the second floor smelled bad and were very hot. We got to the room and the carpeting had a large rip in it that had been sewed up but a large ridge was protruding upwards. We then noticed the wall paper had patches all over and the window curtain had large tears in it. Our view from the window was several paint cans,a paint pan, and a broken lawn chair on the ground below. Now that was not the view we were looking for. The saving grace was the room was clean! At least the cleaning staff had it together but the maintenance staff... not so much.
Bed time revealed the bed was comfortable however the a/c unit roared like the rain and wind in a hurricane. The morning shower was a challenge as the shower had a two handled water valve that was almost impossible to adjust the water temperature. Ok, down to the pool to swim before we are off for the day. Scratch that idea as the pool is only open from 9 am to 9 pm. Guess you have to modify your plans to fit the hotels set pool hours. Plain ridiculous. Now breakfast was like playing musical chairs as there was no place to sit. By the way, the food was so-so and the "hot food" was lukewarm. Guess that is why the microwave was invented!
The good point of the hotel was it was close to the track and zoo so travel time was short; however, we were in no hurry to get back to the motel considering the above! The second night was no better but at least we were able to find a table to eat the next morning without another round of musical chairs.
The bottom line is this a poorly maintained Best Western. We gave it a chance but never again. After looking at some of the reviews from others who stayed at the same time we did it sure seems they were as unimpressed as we were. I did take the time to answer a survey for the motel that Best Western emailed me about our stay. I stated the same as the above and received an email back from the hotel general manager Shannon Acton that was a generic form letter stating she apologized for not reaching are expectations and hoped we would give them another chance by staying there again. She did not address any of the above concerns. Now if I was the motel manager I would be embarrassed to rent rooms in this condition but not Shannon. You go girl! Guess repeat customers are not a concern at that hotel. Guess that is why I am not a hotel general manager!
To sum it up, find a better hotel that cares about its customers and wants you to come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the convenience and comfort, at your home away from home here at the BEST WESTERN Airport East/Expo Center! Situated only three miles from the Louisville International Airport, you will find this Plus hotel offers a wide variety of complimentary services, including hot breakfast, airport shuttle, high-speed wireless Internet, and park and fly. Our guests can enjoy several amenities, such as our on-site Mexican restaurant Mangos’, fitness center, outdoor pool and hot tub, business center, valet laundry service, and on site laundry facility. At this pet friendly hotel, our courteous and friendly staff will provide you with the comfort and service you would expect. This airport property is easily accessible to all of Louisville's major attractions! We are only minutes away from the Kentucky Fair and Exposition Center, Louisville Zoo, KFC Yum Center, Papa Johns Cardinal Stadium, University of Louisville, Kentucky Derby Museum, and Louisville Slugger Museum, home of the world's largest bat! Premium retail shopping, dining and entertainment are also just minutes away! Whether you are visiting for business or leisure, we've got you covered.Come and take a peek at our beautiful facility, well equipped to satisfy all of our guests needs. Make your Louisville getaway an enjoyable and memorable experience, here at the BEST WESTERN Airport East/Expo Center, when only the best will do. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN Airport East/Expo Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Airport East Hotel Louisville
- Best Western Louisville
- Louisville Best Western
- Best Western Hotel Louisville