“nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #53 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
St. Charles, Illinois
“nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

stayed there in june 2011. Nice hotel, Recently renovated, Big rooms, nice work area, good wireless. Desk, easy chair, work chair. quiet at night. Clean, Area is mainly commercial .Offices, condos, apartments. Safe area tho. Breakfast is cereal, bread, harboiled eggs. Friendly staff. I would stay there again. Priced reasonable. Mexican restaurant on premises

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Tullahoma, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

After reading all the reviews I wasn't sure but I booked anyway. I am so glad I did, it was a lot nicer than I expected. Check in was very easy and staff was nice. The room was large and very clean. The breakfast was good, boiled eggs, cereal, bagels, pastries, oatmeal, milk and coffee. The only negative was that the beds were doubles and a bit hard. Other than that the hotel was very centrally located to everything and easy to get to. Although it is near the airport it is very quiet!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Brownsburg, IN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

Horrible beds. Very musty smell in all hallways. The worst continental breakfast I've ever had. Hotel appears to never have been updated since being built and my guess is that it was built approx 25-30years ago. If a room is needed near the airport I highly recommend you look elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

This is my 3rd year staying here with a group for a dog show. The sales manager is friendly and is willing to accommodate us with good rates.

Check-in has never been an issue and many times I've had things shipped here for me. They've taken care of my packages, no problem.

The hotel's carpet is slightly dated, but not appalling by any means. The room is spacious, enough room for 2-3 people and dog cages. My 2 full bed room had desk, chairs, tables and a soft leather chair, so lots of work room for those on business. Bathroom was very clean and the maids kept us up in soaps, clean towels and other amenities. If they couldn't clean because the dogs were in the room, they'd come back later to give us clean towels. Rooms are relatively quiet and I got decent sleep. Beds were comfortable although skimpy on bedding. Just a sheet and VERY thin blanket. The hotel is literally AGAINST the highway, so while it's convenient driving, not sure how the sleep quality would be in a room near the highway.

The connected Mexican restaurant, Ernesto's, is good for food in a pinch. Don't expect over-the-top great service, but the food is good with a decent bar and TVs.

Continental breakfast is surprisingly skimpy for a Best Western. Mostly, breads (donuts, muffins), coffees, cereals and juices. No fruit, hot items or waffles. Don't expect to get a solid breakfast here although they do keep it clean and well stocked.

Check out was quick and friendly.

For dog people, this is a dog friendly hotel. Grass isn't "plentiful", but there's more than enough to get by and there's a large field next to the parking lot. Our group will stay here again as long as the price stays right.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

I was really surprised by friendly stuff, affordable prices and amazing room that they gave me. This is one of the best hotels that you can get for cheap. I had a concert in Louisville, so I was traveling with my band, they gave us amazing deal- two rooms for 80$ !!! My room was very clean, with king size bed, and bathroom had everything what you could possible need- shampoo, conditioner, body wash, body lotion, sawing kit, tooth brush, three kinds of soap- AMAZING !!! And hotel is located in very safe and nice area. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. If I ever come back to Louisville, I will stay here :)))

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
West Chester, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2011

Quiet location, just off the highway, a few miles from the Airport (SDF) and the State Fair location. Clean room. Comfortable bed. Satisfactory breakfast included. Free wi-fi in room. and public areas. I did not utilize the free shuttle to the airport.

Available in January 2011 for $34 on Priceline. I asked if my room would have a refrigerator. Desk clerk said no; then, without request, gave me an "upgraded" room with a refrigerator. One web site is claiming that if you bid for a 2.5* hotel at Louisville Airport, this is the only hotel you will receive. It will be a great value for the bid.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Bowling Green, KY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2010

Stayed here for one night in November 2010. I didn't actually pick this hotel, I went through the 'top secret' hotel service of travelocity, so I picked it based on price and location. I was disappointed with the amenities...very small 'gym', outdoor pool was closed for the season, no hot tub and we couldn't get the type of room (King bed) we wanted. The hotel was very nice though and clean. The restaurant on site (Ernesto's) smelled like a sweaty alcoholic diped in salsa, so we tured right back around and went somewhere else! Convienient to downtown Louisville though and for the price I paid ($45) it couldn't be beat!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Airport East/Expo Center? Share your experiences!