“Good Location, Average Facility.” 3 of 5 stars

Stay More Save More
Ranked #32 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Barrington, IL
“Good Location, Average Facility.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

I stayed here for two nights. The hotel feels like an older convention hotel. The hotel is located in downtown Louisville and you can easily walk to many local attractions. The room itself was comfortable. The common areas seem to be a bit dated. Parking fees are a bit excessive. I experienced a delay at check-in and was told I would be given extra Gold Passport points for the inconvenience. I never received th points. In fact, it took about a month just for the standard Gold Passport points to post to my account.

Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Peachtree City, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

Booked through Priceline and got a great rate. Good front desk, nice place, great room. Couldn't have been more satisfied. Plus, it is easy to get to off I-65. There is a cluster of restaurants within easy walking distance. It was a little loud as we could hear the people next door quite easily. I always bring ear plugs so no problem!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

Visited here for 3 days in June on business. The room was nice and spacious -- for once there was room to actually work out in the room! Wifi was thru T-Mobile and cost $10 a day, which was a little disappointing. The lobby kiosk for printing out boarding passes was extremely useful. What was best about this hotel, though, was the staff. From the front desk to the housekeeping staff to the folks who brought my roomservice breakfast each morning, all were extremely courteous, professional, and friendly. This hotel is directly across the street from the convention center, and connects to that building and other hotels through an enclosed sidewalk "skyway" which was a great way to stay out of the extreme heat during our stay. Several restaurants are within a short walking distance. Overall I would highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

My favourite of all the hotels we stayed at on our road trip. This Hyatt was big, comfortable, and the room we were given had a pretty cool view of 4th street. The bathroom was well appointed and luxurious. Really enjoyed the fact there was an Einstein Bagel shop in the lobby, which made getting hot coffee early in the morning a snap.

The fitness room was pretty great, a bunch of machines (treadmill, elliptical, bikes), weights and weight machines. The room itself was nicely decorated with comfortable beds.

My two gripes would be the fact that we were given a room with double beds. When I requested a king room the girl at the desk said "Oh we don't have any available." The hotel appeared to be only about half full so that statement grated on me a bit. The other was the supposed internet access through the TV in the room. It never worked. It was $10 for that, but to be fair, they did remove the charge when I explained the problems.

All in all, its no Brown Hotel, but I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

Parking garage next to the hotel. Nice staff. Near downtown.

Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Brooklyn OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2010

I called the Hyatt my home for 3 nights while attending a Payroll Convention. I normally do not stay in this class of hotel but since my company made and paid for the accomodations, this is where I stayed. I was not overly impressed. Starting with the cab driver dumping us off at the back door, the 5 of us ladies toted our luggage in ourselves. We never saw sight of a Bell Captain but we ignored the fact. Check-in was quick and painless. I had a room on the 5th floor. When I opened the door, I bumped in the sliding closet doors which gave me the impression that the room was not very big. Once inside, I discovered that it was good enough for me and had a wonderful view of Fourth Street Live and Borders Books. I had two very high double beds that I made a joke to co-workers that I needed to take a running jump to get into a night. I will say, they were the best part of the room....very comfortable. Others in our party said that most nights their sleep was interrupted by loud guest in the hallways, lobby and lounge. The setup of the building lends to noise traveling up at all floors.

The TV selections left much to be desired...most needed to be paid for. There was intenet services available but I do believe there was a cost to that, also. A small coffee maker was a nice touch but the coffee was awful. There were two large bottles of Aquafina offered in the bathroom with a $3.50 per bottle price tag on them!!!! It was nice to see that the typical shampoo, conditioner, lotion, shower cap and tooth paste were still free.

Beware.....I did notice in the bathroom above the shower and also over the window some black mold!!! I did not report it.

I did have a problem with my room card once...it just stopped working. I had to go to the Front Desk and have that remedied.

I did utilize the lounge for an appetizer and the restaurant for a burger. The burger and service in the restaurant were excellant. Einstein Bagels has an entrance in the lobby which got plenty of my business.

All in all....I would say it was just OK!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2010

Great place to stay to get away and have everything still near. 4th street and live is less than a block away...just out the door and your there.

Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Regency Louisville? Share your experiences!