“great place to stay!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
cincinnati, ohio
“great place to stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

First of all, if you're going to Louisville for 4th Street Live, this is the place to stay! It's convenient to everything including the bar district and restaurants. the entire hotel is modern and clean. we stayed on the 18th floor, which was very quiet.
Only complaints have to do with the elevators....there are 3 of them, which is great, but once they go to the top floor, you stop at many other floors on your way down to the lobby. this could have been avoided by staying on a lower floor.
we will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: staying on the north side of the builiding is quietest. i would stay on a floor below 8 as to avoid...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Kitchener
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

We stayed here for one night on our way home. This hotel was selected because it was downtown and we could walk to dinner, etc. The rate was good using AAA. In these ways it did not disappoint.

I must say, I like Hyatt hotels and often stay in one for business. This hotel is not in the same class as other Hyatt's I have stayed in. Everything was fine. We were given a room on an upper floor, as requested, and it was quiet. The bed and bedding were Hyatt comfy. The bath was fine and decently appointed -- but only two towels provided. Not enough. No robe, no extra perks in the bath.

The room itself has a wall of windows, which I like and afforded a lovely view of downtown Louisville. The layout of the room is odd. There is a bed which faces the window, but this means it is directly under the cooling/heating vent. The room is quite large -- with a desk, dresser with a TV on top and then a lamp and armchair. No table, or sitting area at all. I've been in smaller hotel rooms where this is the furniture, but because there is a great deal of space, the effect is one of being odd and under furnished. There is no spot to sit and watch television, for example.

While I did not hear any noise from neighbouring rooms, noise travels from the open always area.

The value was good and the location is great, but I may very well pick another hotel when I come to Louisville.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
San Jose
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

PROS: middle of downtown, walking distance to Convention and YUM centers, plenty of good restaurants nearby, nightlife (4th st live), river parks in walking distance, above ground walking path to most other hotels, nice pool, tennis court & exercise room
CONS: 4th st live can be very noisy, busy downtown traffic, parking is pricey, no laundry, no refrigerators in room, small rooms, not for people with a fear of heights; parking structure being remodeled

DETAILS: We stayed for a week while attending the gymnastics nationals. The hotel delivered a refrigerator to our room when we asked. The kids loved the swimming pool. We walked all over downtown visiting museums, the convention center, the YUM center, and the parks by the river. We even walked to Indiana over a long foot bridge/former train bridge. Parking cost at hotel is comparable to surrounding parking - I was willing to pay $3.50 more for all day in-and-out privileges. Parking can get difficult if something is going on at convention center or 4th st live as the hyatt uses the next door public lot. Restaurants all over. Smoking is a problem but this is true all over KY. We had to drive to the university to find a real grocery store and laundry. Nears store is on other side of 4th st live (CVS),

Room Tip: higher room overlooking parking structure/tennis court is quieter since not facing any streets; don...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Great location, nice view from room but floor smelled of smoke. They would not let us change rooms so we left. For a hyatt, not up to par! Rooms a bit outdated And it's very loud Inside as it's open air style construction leads to higher noise level

Stayed August 2014
Yorktown, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Extremely nice room. Very clean. Great location! In a downtown area with parks and lots of great restaurants and shops. Enclosed walkway attaching several hotel. This was convenient for us, but with great weather, not a huge issue. In winter or inclement weather, it would be a wonderful asset. The surrounding area was attractive, clean and felt safe. We were about three blocks from the riverfront.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

This is a pretty good hotel -- about what you'd expect from a Hyatt. It`s older, and has been refurbished, so the bathrooms are a tad small, but otherwise quite fine. I don`t think I`ve ever stayed in a hotel staffed by such happy people, every one of whom seemed willing to accommodate every request. The coffee shop is, as expected, quite pricy, but there`s a bagel shop in the lobby for breakfast. There was a pile of trash beside the elevators on our floor when we arrived. and it was still there untouched when we left four days later, which is somewhat disappointing.

Room Tip: Other reviews suggested getting a room away from the street, but we visited several other rooms in t...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here while working a conference at the convention center and found the hotel to be very nice. It was clean, the bed was very comfortable, and I found everything else about the room to be more than adequate. I liked the 24 hour gym facility. It is a little small, but since it is open 24 hours I was able to get in early and beat the 6 to 7 am crowd. They had a good variety of machines. 4th street was loud on both Saturday nights during my stay, but not so loud that I couldn't sleep. Also, the closeness to 4th Street is part of the convenience of the hotel, after all. We dined in Sway downstairs and really enjoyed the meal and service. It was next door to the convention center which was also a great plus.

Honestly, since it wasn't on my dime, I can't say a single bad thing about my visit. However, if I was paying, I would have been highly annoyed to have to pay for wifi. But again, I was overall very happy with my experience, and I hope I get placed there again next year.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency Louisville? Share your experiences!