“Nice weekend stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Phoenix, Arizona
“Nice weekend stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We enjoyed our stay here for a graduation that was happening at the convention center. It is a well located hotel, right in the center of everything. Lots of dinning and night life options very close by, in easy walking distance. Super convenient to the convention center with a walkway over to it.

My husband liked the check-in kiosk so we could check ourselves in. There was someone nearby for questions. We didn't have any issues. The staff was friendly as well as most people we interacted with in general.

Our room was clean, spacious, and comfortable. The king bed was also comfortable and toiletries were of good quality. I enjoyed the view of the city happening right below us (we were on the 6th floor).

We had one maintenance issue, the toilet overflowed at 3 am. Thank goodness it was clean water! They were up quickly to get it fixed and cleaned up. The other thing I missed with the room was the ability to plug in my phone by the bed. There were plenty of outlets over by the desk, but not convenient and I didn't want to crawl behind the bed to find the light to use that plug. My last complaint would be the expensive wifi. We ended up just using our phones for what we needed rather than pay. I'm not sure why the more expensive a hotel is, the more the wifi costs, but that's every where in general, not just here.

Overall we had a great time with friends and that's what this weekend was all about.

469 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This was a nice property with very good customer service and a great location. The rooms are comfortable, if a bit older. The bathroom is pretty small. We had issues working the TV but did not ask the personnel to fix, so that was our own problem. Only major annoyance with the room was that there are no outlets on the lamps or anywhere near the nightstands. There was only a power strip at the desk where we charged our phones.

As a Diamond member, breakfast is free at the restaurant within reasonable limits. I did the buffet, which is pretty limited - so I would recommend ordering from the menu instead. Boyfriend got some vegetable poached egg dish that he really enjoyed. Service at the restaurant was good as well. When we checked out, they had forgotten to strike the charge but did so quickly with no issues.

Otherwise, it was just a minutes' walk away from 4th Street Live, a variety of bars and food options on 2nd street that we took advantage of (O'Shea's Pub, SideBar, Troll Pub), CVS Pharmacy, and some convenient fast food (Chipotle, Qdoba, Jamba Juice, etc).

Overall would stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for River View, it was nothing special and frankly I would've preferred the...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

We actually booked through Hotwire.com and wound up at the Hyatt Regency downtown Louisville. It was a great location. Walking distance to restaurants and river. It was a quiet hotel. We did try the hotel restaurant Sway for breakfast. It can be a bit pricey but the breakfast buffet was great. In addition to what they had out, you could order pancakes, waffles and eggs freshly made. We had an excellent experience.

• Stayed May 2014
Sylvania, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

can't beat the location of this hotel. It is a little dated but still a beautiful hotel. The atrium is stunning. If you are there with a group, grab the VIP suite. It makes a wonderful place to talk and play cards. The extra room was well worth it

Room Tip: VIP suite for a group
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Athens, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Hyatt from May 15th - 18th, 2014. We poured through reviews and felt that we would pay the slower price for the Hyatt vs. a slightly higher price for several of the more well known downtown Louisville hotels.

We arrived to town later (roughly 10pm), the property appeared to only have one person staffing the hotel. Check-in was quick, however the front desk also had to arrange valet as no one was staffing the front valet stand. While assistance from the front desk was offered for our luggage (which was substantial) no one was readily available to help (he would have to call for them).

We were on the 14th floor, and had a good view looking towards the river, however our room seemed to have a weird smell (our fault for not addressing with the hotel during our visit - however given that the room had an air purifier I assume that the hotel was already aware of the issue - yes...I understand what assumptions can create). The rooms were dated (appeared that the last room refresh was 10+ years ago), with the bathrooms being quite small. While I am very tall, my wife is 5'7" and the shower head was eye level for her. Also, it was tough when we were getting ready as the only mirrors in the room were in the restroom and on the sliding closet doors (which were not positioned to truly use as the doors faced the apposing wall, roughly 4 feet away).

I was impressed by the quality of the bed - we both slept very well and thank hotel for placing us on a higher floor with a view (we didn't pay for either). The hotel is centrally located to numerous restaurants and bars. We found the hotel bar to be a great late night location for a final cocktail.

If I were to visit Louisville again, I would try other hotels in their downtown UNLESS they were completely price prohibitive. For the price we paid for the Hyatt, I would have expected a little more.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better, also request a view of the river.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt for a Chive meetup the weekend of May 10. The front desk staff were so kind to us, I believe the gentleman who checked me in was named Jason (?). He and his coworker were extremely welcoming and humorous. The room itself was very nice, and the beds were so comfortable. The iPhone docking station was perfect for when my friends and I wanted to listen to our music while getting ready.
The hotel has a beautiful lobby, and is conveniently located half a block from the entrance to 4th Street Live, which was perfect for when I had to stumble back to my nice, quiet room.
I called down for a fridge, and was happy to hear the they are complimentary, and it was delivered promptly. There is also an Einstein Bros. Bagel shop in the lobby. One of my friends got a smoked salmon bagel, and the person who made the bagel put an aggressive amount of salmon on it--it was perfect!
I will absolutely stay here again when in Louisville.

Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

We had paid extra for a river view room, well we got a slight view from the 15th floor. It should say "roof top view". The walls are paper thin. I heard the person in the next room drop the toilet seat and the road noise was also terrible. The worst part was that our room was right across from the elevators and all night long all you could hear was the motors running it up and down. At 1:30 a.m. I called the front desk to request a different room for our 2nd night and he seemed bothered that I had called but did say that someone would call in the morning. There is no refrigerator and the fan for the heating/ac is right above the headboard so we couldn't even turn that on to block out the noise. When your staying at a Hyatt Regency and paying $170+ per night shouldn't you expect a nice quiet room with all the amenities or is it just me? Not a do over, I've stayed at Holiday Inn Express that are nicer than this. I say stay elsewhere for less and spend the money for a taxi if you want the 4th street experience ..

Room Tip: The noise from that lobby carries up the center of the hotel and since all the rooms are around the...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Hyatt Regency Louisville? Share your experiences!