“Wonderful location and beautiful hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #25 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Maine
“Wonderful location and beautiful hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

This is a great hotel in an awesome location - walking distance to everything! The rooms are lovely and I was lucky enough to get an amazing view of downtown. The walls were a bit thin and the beds aren't the most comfortable in my opinion, but that could just be me. I would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

My 7 year son and I stayed here for a weekend and were treated like royalty. Everyone was very nice and helpful on finding fun things to do and cool places to eat. We ended up just hanging out in the hotel a lot and loving the elevator rides. Five stars!

• Stayed April 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

This was a very convenient place to stay if you are attending an event at the Convention Center. It was clean and our room was quiet. I will say that I don't like the idea of paying extra for wifi which is free even in the cheapest motels. I also think they should have a frig and microwave in every room since this is standard is many less expensive hotels. There were long lines at 4pm checkin and they only had half of their checkin stations staffed. They should all be staffed at 4pm. There was no concierge desk. The view of the river they charge extra for is not worth the money. You are far from the river and it is a tiny sliver of a view between tall buildings. I tried to ask a housekeeper for something a few times and none of them understood English. Many reasonably priced nearby restaurants.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for a river view. This hotel is a long way from the river and it is a very smal...
Green Features: I question the ventilation system. One night when we returned to the room there was a VERY strong cigarette smote smell in our nonsmoking room that we suspected was coming from the adjoining room but we were told it was coming from the next floor and through the ventilation system.
Loudonville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

We stayed with our two children (8 & 10) for two nights as a spring getaway. It was fun to be in the heart of the city and having many things to do close by. We could walk to the Ohio River/park, have 4th Street Live right outside our door and many of Louisville's attractions minutes away. The pool was small but enough to entertain the children for our stay. There were parts of the room that could use an update (i.e. bathroom wallpaper) and our room had no refrigerator which I thought was odd but was my fault for not asking at front desk. Otherwise we had a great stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Antioch
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Stayed here over the weekend and I have no complaints. Everyone was very friendly and helpful, especially the guys who were working the doors on the garage side on Saturday the 29th. It was raining and I was going to walk a couple blocks through the rain to the gas station to grab a few things for the day and they gave me an umbrella to use. In another situation, a homeless man came up and harassed the people outside the hotel and the doorman was very quick to deal with it. I would stay there again.

Cleveland, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

This is a lovely hotel and is pretty much what you expect from the Hyatt. It had been quite a awhile since I have stayed in a Hyatt and for the most part was very pleased. I think however, that in today's hotel's we should not have to pay for WiFi access. I only had one issue while staying here and was told it would be addressed. I am not really what you would call a high maintenance guest. We usually do not request our room to be cleaned every day because why bother? We keep to ourselves and go about our business but do expect the staff to be helpful and all were except for one. I had an "awkward" moment. First I wasn't going to say anything, but then I did let the manager know what happened. I am an American woman and I am equal to men in this country. That is all I have to say about my "awkward" moment. And, yes I would stay again at this hotel in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: A high room in the executive upgrade keeps a weary road warrior on track.
Clayton, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I went to the Hyatt because that was where our conference was being held. I enjoy staying at the location because the after meeting meetings are often the best part. The Hyatt put together great meeting rooms for the presentations and the general service was fantastic. The staff greeted each of us by name each day and made sure the Breakfast/coffee/sodas/snacks were always organized, clean, and handy. The room staff keeps the rooms in top notch cleanliness. The bed was comfortable. The Hyatt made for an enjoyable conference!

Room Tip: The air handlers in the rooms startle you out of sleep as they kick on and off, so I recommend setti...