“Fun getaway in the city” 4 of 5 stars

Stay More Save More
Ranked #32 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Loudonville, Ohio
“Fun getaway in the city”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

We stayed with our two children (8 & 10) for two nights as a spring getaway. It was fun to be in the heart of the city and having many things to do close by. We could walk to the Ohio River/park, have 4th Street Live right outside our door and many of Louisville's attractions minutes away. The pool was small but enough to entertain the children for our stay. There were parts of the room that could use an update (i.e. bathroom wallpaper) and our room had no refrigerator which I thought was odd but was my fault for not asking at front desk. Otherwise we had a great stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Antioch
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Stayed here over the weekend and I have no complaints. Everyone was very friendly and helpful, especially the guys who were working the doors on the garage side on Saturday the 29th. It was raining and I was going to walk a couple blocks through the rain to the gas station to grab a few things for the day and they gave me an umbrella to use. In another situation, a homeless man came up and harassed the people outside the hotel and the doorman was very quick to deal with it. I would stay there again.

Cleveland, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

This is a lovely hotel and is pretty much what you expect from the Hyatt. It had been quite a awhile since I have stayed in a Hyatt and for the most part was very pleased. I think however, that in today's hotel's we should not have to pay for WiFi access. I only had one issue while staying here and was told it would be addressed. I am not really what you would call a high maintenance guest. We usually do not request our room to be cleaned every day because why bother? We keep to ourselves and go about our business but do expect the staff to be helpful and all were except for one. I had an "awkward" moment. First I wasn't going to say anything, but then I did let the manager know what happened. I am an American woman and I am equal to men in this country. That is all I have to say about my "awkward" moment. And, yes I would stay again at this hotel in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: A high room in the executive upgrade keeps a weary road warrior on track.
Clayton, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I went to the Hyatt because that was where our conference was being held. I enjoy staying at the location because the after meeting meetings are often the best part. The Hyatt put together great meeting rooms for the presentations and the general service was fantastic. The staff greeted each of us by name each day and made sure the Breakfast/coffee/sodas/snacks were always organized, clean, and handy. The room staff keeps the rooms in top notch cleanliness. The bed was comfortable. The Hyatt made for an enjoyable conference!

Room Tip: The air handlers in the rooms startle you out of sleep as they kick on and off, so I recommend setti...
San Diego
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

A conference at the Kentucky convention center brought me to this hotel. It was not my first choice and if I return again, it will be my last choice! I arrived to be told they oversold the hotel. They offered to put me in the non-bedroom portion of a suite. Once in the room, I would find a foldout sofabed (specially outfitted with an actual double-sized bed mattress). Linens would come from the sack of linens placed in the closet--rather musty. I got one wimpy pillow which seemed like a decorative sofa pillow placed inside an oversized linen pillow case--also musty.

I called down and asked for 1-2 pillows. After 35 minutes I received a couple pretty bad pillows, but he said it was all they could scrounge up. After another 20 minutes or so, he came back with one better (feather) pillow and I appreciated his extra effort.

The bed was unacceptable due to the discomfort of being on a creaky sofa bed. I bruised myself one time getting out of bed after hitting my leg on the metal frame. But it's what I had available to me. I know I could have declined the offer to stay in this room and I could have gone to another property several blocks away. But my work schedule was intense and I had to carry some heavy boxes to the convention center. To be any distance away would have been worse.

There were two connecting doors to neighboring rooms. This helped to enable quite a bit of sound to leak into my room from both sides. I could have easily participated in their conversations. I knew when people in both rooms were showering and flushing toilets. Not fun. Whenever they entered/departed their rooms, my doors rattled really badly and it gave the impression that someone was entering my room.

BUT--the Hyatt did adjust the billing for this inconvenience. They dropped the room rate by $50 per night. They offered comp. buffet breakfast each morning. They placed a $40 credit to my room bill for anything charged to my room during my stay. They also added some reward points to my new Hyatt account. So except for the reward points, my company really enjoyed the benefit of the situation--since my expenses were paid by my employer.

So other than the above story, I'd say that the hotel is tired looking. Colors are dingy and drab. Not very inviting. They renovated the restaurant and it looks nice. But for buffet breakfast--had I been blindfolded, I'd say I was in a Residence Inn, at best. Really disappointing for a hotel of this calibre. BUT-- the buffet allows for omelets made to order (in their kitchen) as well as pancakes. I ordered an omelet and that was just fine.

The staff throughout the hotel was incredibly nice. I appreciated their hospitality. Each person I came in contact with was friendly and helpful. They helped to make an uncomfortable stay a bit better.

Powell, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Stayed here last weekend and don't understand the complainers. The staff was amazing. Check in fast, housekeeper Marcia above and beyond, and location awesome. Sure the building isn't brand new but carpet and paint and furnishings all updated and I am picky. I will be back!

Room Tip: Actually I didn't try spa or breakfast but NA not available so based on my overall impression I...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

This hotel is the best and my favorite in the area! great location, exceptional and efficient staff, very comfortable, spacious and clean room, respectful housekeeping, steps from major entertainment in the area.
Staff is very accommodating to your needs and I do appreciate that!
There is a fee for Wi fi (for non club members) $10 and parking for overnight is $10 as well which I found to be far for to be on heart of all entertainment and the best price for the surround hotels in the area.
I strongly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency Louisville? Share your experiences!