“A Wonderful Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
LaPorte, Indiana
“A Wonderful Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My family and I stayed here in June with my son for his University of Louisville freshman orientation (see previous nao7 review). This time it was just my son and I on 8/14-8/15 and I was leaving him there for the 2012-2013 school year.

Reservations was once again amazing! I received a great UofL discount over the phone. When I arrived for check-in, I was given a $20 room credit because they had to put me in a double room with a river view (My request for a king room could not be met due to overbooking). I was also given complimentary access to wi-fi. The staff was very polite, especially Angie at the front desk. She gave me some great advice about being a mom dealing with my firstborn going to college. When I came back from dropping him off, Angie asked if I was alright, gave me a hug and let me cry on her shoulder for several minutes. She also treated me to breakfast and said I could order anything I wanted. Also, Samara and the entire restaurant staff comforted me, waited patiently to for me stop crying and get through my order and then had it sent up to my room. When Ernest arrived with breakfast (less than 20 mins later), it was hot, delicious, plentiful and the best breakfast I had ever eaten in a very long time (see picture). Before he left, he asked if I was okay and let me know that UofL was a excellent school, that Louisville is a great city and that everything was going to be alright.

The Hyatt staff went above and beyond reasonable hospitality. I will never forget the compassion and kindness they showed towards me. The Hyatt Regency is officially my Louisville home away from home. Job well done. Keep up the excellent service!

Room Tip: Just ask and they will accommodate you.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We enjoyed out stay at the Hyatt. The beds are very comfortable. The staff is super friendly. The fitness room is amazing, probably the best I have ever seen in travel. The location is very good for walking to restaurants.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Burlington, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This property is very conveniently located right on Louisville’s Fourth St. Live and two blocks away from the KFC Yums Center. If you’re in town to see a show or concert at KFC and want to stay the night this place is nice. A little on the pricey side for what you get but its location, location I guess. No complaints about the room or the staff. Lobby is kind of cool and I’d recommend getting a corner room on an upper floor with an East facing exposure because the full wall windows provide a great sunrise sky view. No real complaints.

Room Tip: Geta High floor corner room with an east facing exposure for a great sunrise view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Warsaw, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Just returned from a weekend trip to Louisville to see Bruce Springsteen and found the Hyatt to be the perfect location to enjoy all of Louisville. We arrived before 11 a.m. on Saturday and had requested a high floor room but one was not ready but the desk agent suggested taking a room that was ready and he would take care of our breakfast the next morning. Well heck yes we did that. The buffet the next morning was good and we had more than enough to eat.
The room was on the 11th floor and it was cool to look down almost the entire way into the lobby below.
The only thing that we found to be bad was the lack of cleaners in the fitness room. The room and equipment itself was great but they had no wipes or bottles of cleaning solution to wipe the machines down before or after you used them.
We will stay at this hotel again when we visit Louisville again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
West Lafayette, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt at the start of November to attend a conference that was being held at the nearby Galt House. Being a grad student, I was trying to save a little money, so I used the re-bid method on Priceline in order to snag this hotel for about a $60/day savings over what I would have paid at the Galt. The Hyatt itself is nicely placed right at the start of 4th Street Live, so there are plenty of restaurants and things to do in the immediate area, let alone a restaurant and Einstein's Bagels in the lobby. Parking is an extra charge ($10/day), but is convenient to the hotel (you can park and then bring the ticket to the desk to get it validated). Wifi is also an extra charge ($10/day for normal, one device/ $15/day for more devices and bandwidth). I did not use it (as I used my cellular hotspot), so I cannot comment on the quality of the wifi.

Check-in was extremely easy with a friendly associate. I was given a king room on the 12th floor (and asked if that was OK with me ... something not always asked with a Priceline room). It was well-kept and fairly spacious. The layout was a little awkward with the bad facing the rear windows, but the TV facing the work desk. The bathroom was a little small, but very usable. Nice toiletries were provided, along with a small tube of Aquafresh toothpaste. The room included a small coffeemaker with coffee and tea selections. The ice bucket had a plastic sleeve that was almost impossible to fit on the bucket itself. I stayed for 3 nights and never saw the cleaning staff, but they did a good job (even when I kept the privacy note on the door until noon one day and came back at 3:30 to fine my room made up). Everything was restocked and, amazingly enough, my toiletries were even arragned on a washcloth on the sink.

In terms of my conference, the Hyatt is within easy walking distance of the Galt House. If desired, you can even make the trip inside through the convention center (as long as it is not too late at night).

The biggest drawbacks of the Hyatt have to do with its design. Since it has an open atrium in the center, if there is any noise in the atrium, it can basically be heard in all of the rooms. Even on the 12th floor, I could hear things going on in the lobby on a boistrous Friday night. The hotel was being used by a lot of Big East field hockey teams on that particular night (as well as a Justin Bieber concert at the Yum Center), so that might have been the part of it. Don't get me wrong ... the noise wasn't a deal-breaker, but it was noticable.

In the end, this was a good stay with very competent and friendly staff.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Our stay was great,the service,cleanliness,the bed and the location, made our trip unforgetable,also the view of the city was great,and of course the loacation in the middle of
Louisville made it better

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Southeast
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Stayed here during a convention downtown. Room was nice, food good, check in was easy. Onoe problem: I left several nice articles of clothing (some of them new) in the closet when I checked out. I noticed the items missing when I returned home that night. I called hotel the next am and was told there was nothing in lost and found or turned in. I called again the next day to see if turned in, nope. I asked the housekeeping mgr if she could have a housekeeper please look in the closet to make sure they weren't still there. Her response was defensive: our housekeepers always look in the closet so no. I didn't think that was too much to ask as they were pushed back into the back of the closet as I recall. But they refused to do it. I called several times over the next 2 weeks to see anyone turned them in - nope. Either the housekeeping staff kept for themselves, sold them, or the next guest that stayed in the room took them home. Very disappointed with the response from the staff to refuse to even check the closet again. This was my first stay at this hotel and I will not stay here again. There are several hotels that are better in downtown Louisville: The Marriott, The Brown, The Seelbach Hilton, the 31C Museum Hotel. I even like the Courtyard better.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency Louisville? Share your experiences!