“Getting worse” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Midtown Inn and Suites

You added Midtown Inn and Suites to your Saves list
Midtown Inn and Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3255 Bardstown Road, Louisville, KY 40205 (Formerly Quality Inn)   |
Ranked #91 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
“Getting worse”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

I've stayed here 3 times over the past year. The hotel and staff are getting worse and the price has been going up every time. Doesn't make sense. The wifi is practically unusable. Lots of shady characters lingering around or staying here. Limited amount of electrical outlets. (working ones are hidden behind the bed and TV stand) None near the computer desk. Of the limited outlets about half don't work. My room was tiny. I tried to check in a couple of hours before their 4 PM check in time which I thought my Diamond status with 80 plus stays for the year would allow. Lady at the front desk said no rooms were available. So they must have some really slow or bad housekeeping if that's the case. Would have thought she'd get a room cleaned. But she made no effort to help. Just acted like she was at the Ritz Carlton. And this is not the Ritz.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
qualityinnky, Manager at Midtown Inn and Suites, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Date 01/17/14

Hello,

I’m concerned about the problems you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I’m writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.
We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to each of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it’s disappointing to learn that you were unhappy.
Please accept my sincere apology.
Also I want you to know that the comments that we receive from our guests are taken seriously. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. I do apologize for the inconveniences caused to you and keeping up with our Guest’s satisfaction policy we have given you 20%* GM’s special discount for your stay with us. I hope this satisfies you and make your next visit to our motel a comfortable one.

* Not valid on Blacked out/special event days.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

At check-in, receptionist was not helpful. Handed me the keycard and didn't offer up info about room location, breakfast/pool hours, check-out, etc. Had to ask her each question and she had to think about each one haha.

The first room was supposed to be non-smoking but smelled like smoke and mold. It had holes in the walls, mold on fixtures, bathroom lights didn't work, burn holes on the bedding, just AWFUL. I asked for a different room immediately. The 2nd room was tolerable at least. Hotel info binder was disgusting. In both rooms the bathroom was so small it's hard to even close the door (I'm a very small skinny person). There was dog hair and trash all over the floor, very obviously not vacuumed. Very dim bathroom light and strong heat lamp, no ventilation/fan. Everything about the hotel was outdated, moldy, unclean. I guess it deserves one star just because we didn't get bedbugs and it's fairly close/easy to downtown!!

The "fitness center" was a treadmill, bike, and elliptical. None of them looked like they should have worked, but they did. No remote or other apparent way to adjust the tv. Nasty moldy towel on the floor apparently being used to soak up a leak from the water dispenser. I didn't even want to attempt the pool.

Breakfast was the normal self-serve stuff. It was all being cleaned up 10 minutes early, and the attendant was extremely rude to my boyfriend who just came in there to grab a couple things for breakfast to-go. It wasn't 10am yet, no need for that.

Basically, we stayed because we didn't have time to switch to another place. I can't believe Choice Hotels owns this place. Not "quality" at all. More on the level of a cheap hourly-rate motel!! DO NOT STAY HERE, YOU WILL REGRET IT.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
qualityinnky, General Manager at Midtown Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 22, 2013

Louisville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I have never stayed at such a dirty, run down hotel in my life. I am writing a letter to their corporate office because of it. I have pictures to back it up. Also, the pool had a dangerous issue with the lights inside the pool. I have a picture of my grandson with a large metal ring that obviously came from around the light. He had told me that he felt the empty light socket and the WIRE hanging out of it already!!!!!!!!!!! Some of the staff was nice but the woman in the breakfast area was rude and unpleasant unless you were a man. Then she was plenty friendly. So that is my impression of this property in a nutshell. Almost forgot, we had a rollaway bed and the springs were so broken that we had to return it. We did get a better one then. When we first checked in we were told we would have to carry that bed to our 2nd floor room!!! No elevator and no staff available to take it. We actually left and tried to find another hotel but since we didn't know the area, had no luck and went back and asked for a 1st floor room so we could take the bed ourselves.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

qualityinnky, Manager at Midtown Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 22, 2013

Plymouth, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I booked this on my Android device while returning home with my wife from a vacation. We booked through a discount site, and probably didn't pay close enough attention to the reviews.

Don't make our mistake.

Upon arrival, there appeared to be some type of illegal activity taking place outside. Upon driving up, those involved began to act normal and dispersed while I checked in.

At the check-in desk, I learned that I was in a smoking room... unacceptable. I was told nothing could be done due to the fact I had booked using a discount service. When it became apparent I was calling my credit card company to have the charge disputed, an open room miraculously became available.

Filthy carpet, holes in the wall, a couple of dead bugs, dirty tile bathroom floor... I couldn't believe the condition. We slept in our clothes on top of the covers.

There were some positives... 1) Something next door sounded like the old diesel engine of an idling fishing boat. It kinda drowned out the noises outside and everywhere else in the hotel. 2) The hot water worked well. 3) Our car was not broken into nor vandalized.

Hey, we were tired after traveling 12hrs and were meeting a friend the next day in Bloomington, IN, so we needed some sleep. We would not have stayed had there been kids involved.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
qualityinnky, Manager at Midtown Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 3, 2013

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

I have found in my travels that Quality Inn's are hit or miss. This one is very much a miss. The hotel is an old Holiday Inn converted over to a quality Inn. The room was very small, dark hallways. And cramped. The Decour was very bad, paint peeling off the wall, molding peeled from the wall, and just a general feeling of being dirty. The small flat screen TV did not work. When inquired at the front desk about it, there was nothing that could be done. I complained the following morning at check out, the response was "sorry about that hope you have a better stay next time".

• Stayed September 2013

Opelika, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We had a king suite, 1st room had water running down bath wall and a/c return air vent had never been cleaned, room needed to have been cleaned, had to move to 2nd room at 11 pm, two A/Cs in room, one didn't work so room was hot. beds were uncomfortable, found a dead lizard in room and room needed to have been cleaned. Over all hotel is in run down shape and dirty.

Room Tip: Stay some place else.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Chuckey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

this is the worse motel, dirty ,lots of noise got to motel at 11:00pm after being in traffic backup for 3:30 hrs very tired and the motel was dirty, smelly had no choice to stay sinced the reservation was for 2 nights cancellation policy was 72 hrs prior to 6:oo. had to call front desk since other guests were slamming doors and partying at 12:00 rooms on backside had large cracks under doors, electrical box on outside had no cover wires exposed fire hazard needs to be checked by fire marshal outside window faced side of building

Room Tip: never stay at this motel shabby needs to be torn down
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Date 01/17/14

Dear Ms. Betty H.,

* Not valid on Blacked out/special event days.

Been to Midtown Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!