“Very poor stay” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #89 of 95 hotels in Louisville
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“Very poor stay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

I have found in my travels that Quality Inn's are hit or miss. This one is very much a miss. The hotel is an old Holiday Inn converted over to a quality Inn. The room was very small, dark hallways. And cramped. The Decour was very bad, paint peeling off the wall, molding peeled from the wall, and just a general feeling of being dirty. The small flat screen TV did not work. When inquired at the front desk about it, there was nothing that could be done. I complained the following morning at check out, the response was "sorry about that hope you have a better stay next time".

• Stayed September 2013
qualityinnky, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
I’m concerned about the problems you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I’m writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.
We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to each of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it’s disappointing to learn that you were unhappy.
Please accept my sincere apology.
Also I want you to know that the comments that we receive from our guests are taken seriously. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. I do apologize for the inconveniences caused to you and keeping up with our Guest’s satisfaction policy we have given you 20%* GM’s special discount for your stay with us. I hope this satisfies you and make your next visit to our motel a comfortable one.

109 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Opelika, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We had a king suite, 1st room had water running down bath wall and a/c return air vent had never been cleaned, room needed to have been cleaned, had to move to 2nd room at 11 pm, two A/Cs in room, one didn't work so room was hot. beds were uncomfortable, found a dead lizard in room and room needed to have been cleaned. Over all hotel is in run down shape and dirty.

Room Tip: Stay some place else.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
qualityinnky, Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 22, 2013

Chuckey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

this is the worse motel, dirty ,lots of noise got to motel at 11:00pm after being in traffic backup for 3:30 hrs very tired and the motel was dirty, smelly had no choice to stay sinced the reservation was for 2 nights cancellation policy was 72 hrs prior to 6:oo. had to call front desk since other guests were slamming doors and partying at 12:00 rooms on backside had large cracks under doors, electrical box on outside had no cover wires exposed fire hazard needs to be checked by fire marshal outside window faced side of building

Room Tip: never stay at this motel shabby needs to be torn down
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
qualityinnky, Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Date 01/17/14

Dear Ms. Betty H.,

Franklin, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This property in days gone by was a decent Holiday Inn, before they sold it off. The neighborhood location is a relatively safe one( I ran both mornings) but the property is just short of being in shambles. Lots of rough looking customers who stayed up late outside their rooms and "partied" with some rowdy female company.(Trying to be PC) This was my second stay here, as I give every hotel which is convenient to my destinations a second try (just like a restaurant), but I will not be back. Unless you are rolling in at midnight, dead tired and only need a bed for a couple of hours, keep driving. The front end staff, though, was very nice.

Room Tip: choose elsewhere
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
qualityinnky, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Hello

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Awful place in terrible part of town (though just across the highway the area gets nicer and nicer). At least the bed was clean (yes, I checked for bed bugs) as was the breakfast area. You can find FAR better for a little farther or little more in price.

(We were all sad to end our fun road trip on such a sour note!)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
qualityinnky, Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Ms. Suzanne,

Totowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Next to liquor store in questionable part of town. Lots of vagrants hanging around outside. Motel old, smelly, and dirty - cobwebs in corners of rooms, no sanitation cover on toilet. AC unit antiquated & barely functional. Thank goodness it was a cool evening. Front desk rude & not helpful. Our room was on 1st floor immediately adjacent to an abandoned hotel & liquor store. When I asked to switch to an inside room I was told computers were down so there was nothing she could do. No apologies. Do not stay here. Ever.

• Stayed August 2013
qualityinnky, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 6, 2013

Fenton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We had been driving for over 12 hours and were ready for a good night's sleep. We checked into this hotel, spent 5 minutes in our room and promptly checked out. My son turned on the AC in the room and a horrible smell immediately filled the room. We turned the AC off right away and took a closer look at it....TONS of globs of mold growing all over the vents of the AC. If we had stayed in this room, we would have all woke up terribly sick. Like I said, I have never rated a hotel because I have always had good experiences and nothing bad to say. However, I felt compelled to let people know how dangerous this hotel could be to your family's health.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
qualityinnky, Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Hello Ms Cherry;

* Not valid on Blacked out/special event days.

Been to Quality Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!