“Nasty Hotel , No good service.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Midtown Inn and Suites

You added Midtown Inn and Suites to your Saves list
Midtown Inn and Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3255 Bardstown Road, Louisville, KY 40205 (Formerly Quality Inn)   |
Ranked #92 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Louisville, Kentucky
“Nasty Hotel , No good service.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

This hotel was disgusting. There was left over food in the drawers! No towels. Very dirty walls. Our toilet was BROKE. Their help is ignorant. So is the staff, They wouldn't even help us when it came to the toilet. Wouldn't have stayed here if one of the hosts hadn't have been so nice. Plug ins will not work. They had no towels clean. People running around screaming at all hours of the night running in and out the door by our room. Would not recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Somewhere else!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Clarklake, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

My sister and I spent one night here as a resting spot on a longer road trip. The gentleman that checked us in was friendly and the lobby looked pretty nice. However, once you go to locate your room you are in for a not-so-nice surprise. The hotel is completely run down. The balcony feels likeit could fall right into the parking lot. I almost dislocated my wrist trying to open our door. The bed in our room was actually comfortable and clean but the rest of the room left something to be desired. There was a lot of hair and small pieces of trash on the floor and this was after our upgrade into a two room suite. The two tvs in our suite only worked with one remote. The air conditioning was reliable in the way that it was consistantly inconsistant. One of the toilets ran for 5 to 10 minutes each time it was flushed. When we got up we hit the breakfast bar. Apparently hot breakfast here is only waffles or biscuits and gravy. No eggs or other breakfast meats were available. We were also reminded by the breakfast attendant (nazi) that we better get what we want because she was shutting the whole thing down in four minutes. At least you can be sure that the breakfast times are enforced. After we breakfast we hopped in our showers. My shower experience was great. Water pressure was excellent and it is honestly the softest water I've ever experienced at a hotel. My sister's shower on the other hand was awful. Absolutely no water pressure and we discovered a smoothed cockroach on the bathroom floor. I definitely would not stay here again, even for one night and I am not a picky person when it comes to lodging. I would pay the extra $10 or $20 and pick a little nicer option from choice hotels. Run, do not walk, as far away from here as possible! The only thing that might have made this stay tolerable was a trip through the drive thru liquor store next door. You need liquor to be comfortable in this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I booked this hotel through the parent company, Choice Hotels. I should have looked at Travel Advisor. The low rate should have been a clue. This property is old and tired! My room was clean with good and linens, but whoever designed the at bathroom must have been a dwarf. There was absolutelromp toom between the wall and the toilet, and the toilet and the tub. The entire hotel, including exterior looked like it was in need of a
facelift.

• Stayed July 2012
Bowie, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

No decent individual should check into this Hotel. It qualifies to be a MOTEL - the stench in the hallways is unbearable - before you even get into your room. The carpets are dirty and torn - the entire facility reeks. Not your ideal place to take your family. The swimming pool area is unattractive and unkempt. The breakfast area is not an exception. This hotel needs to be closed down for urgent renovation. The staff are non-challant. The local authority should withdraw their operational permits - I am not sure if they have one.

Room Tip: Exclude this hotel from your list of choices!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

On a road-trip from Toronto, Ontario to Tuscaloosa, Alabama we decided to stop here for the night. While there were other, cheaper hotels in the area, we chose this one for the advertised HBO (there was a particular show we wanted to watch) and free wifi. When we walked up the staircase to the second floor room, it reeked overwhelmingly of urine. Once in the room, not only did we not get HBO, but the in-room wifi did not work, so we had to go to the lobby/common areas to use it. When we asked the front desk staff about it the next morning, they were rude and unhelpful, simply saying "it's not our fault; there's nothing we can do about it". There were several sketchy men hanging around the hotel which didn't make us feel very safe, and the rooms were not well sound-insulated at all, so were quite disturbingly loud throughout the night (even for someone wearing earplugs). Finally, and most importantly, we woke up in the morning with bedbug bites!! The hotel did not offer to compensate us in any way or even apologize! Don't ever stay here unless you're willing to get bed bugs.

• Stayed June 2012
Louisville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I'd like to say first of all that I liked the room. No complaints there because it was clean, surprisingly spacious, sheets were nice and immaculate, bathroom was spotless and front desk was nice. Breakfast selection was OK, but i've had worse 'complimentary breakfasts' from other motels. No complaints about customer service either, but the bad is that while the front desk/lounge area is nice, the rest of the motel is seriously shabby. There was a strong scent of urine in the stairs leading up to the second floor. Again,I reiterate STRONG scent of urine because it was honestly like a slap in the face, making my eyes water and everything. The hallways were dirty and dilapidated. I've been to Motel 6s for half the money that Quality Inn cost that weren't in this state. So, IMO, it's not worth the $80 for one night that I paid. If I could give it 2.5 stars, I would, but between 'poor' and 'average', I'd rather choose poor.

Room Tip: I'm not sure where there is good rooms.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

Well, I wouldn't think you would need more of a review than that but if you do here it goes...I made this reservation over the Internet off the choice hotels site, the pictures actually made it look nice. I hesitated checking in just based on the neighborhood it was in. I worried my car might not survive the night. Of course the sign affixed to the front door stating they only keep 20 dollars in drawer so please don't rob them really should have driven me back to the car. I can say the front desk clerk was a nice pleasant young woman. Upon checking this is what I found...a ripped up and tattered lamp, a warped floor, and yes two cockroaches. I promptly checked out.

• Stayed May 2012

Been to Midtown Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!