“The Service and the Highly Professional attitudes of the Staff.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Louisville East

You added BEST WESTERN Louisville East to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Louisville East
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9802 Bunsen Way, Louisville, KY 40299 (East Louisville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #44 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Louisville, Kentucky
“The Service and the Highly Professional attitudes of the Staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

My compliments to the staff, and specifically the Administrative staff in all capacities, as to their highly professional input, the rapidity with which they resolve any complications, and the methods which they employ to reach a satisfactory resolution. They are very concerned with the comfort of their guests, and the zero tolerance of any unnecessary static and/or situations which would cause any nature of discomfort is highly commendable. My compliments to the overall Chain of Best Western because of this particular Best Western.

Room Tip: The clerical staff are very well learned in placing their guests in just the right location.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Charlotte Nc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Attractive and truly comfortable beds in a suite of good-sized rooms for a very reasonable price. Friendly, helpful staff and a welcoming lobby. Nice assortment of foods at the free breakfast which was quite good. We did not use the pool.

Room Tip: Away from the outdoor pool in warm weather, unless you have need for access and high tolerance for n...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

My family goes to Louisville several times a year just to stay at this hotel. Its well worth the five hour drive for us just to stay here!! We have been here many times and it's always a great experience. Clean, fresh smelling rooms, friendly staff, and huge size rooms for the very reasonable price. Can stay here for a week for the price of only a few nights at other hotels and this one is nicer and bigger by far. Nice indoor pool too!! The FREE hot breakfast every morning is just a bonus...
And I just have to comment on the review I saw placed by Patti144 from Cumberland, Maryland on Aug 23, 2012. I'm not sure why the person who gave that review left so many false comments about the hotel, but they are definitely not true!!! My family was actually there for a week recently, including the date that review was left. I have never, in all my stays at this hotel, heard "WE CAN DO NOTHING" from any employee, that's just ridiculous. We had problems with a refrigerator one time and the maintenance person came immediately to our room and replaced it. Also, I know first hand that this hotel was completely remodeled with new carpet and paint within the last 12 months. So the comment about their toddler having dirty feet from the carpet is ridiculous... if the child was that dirty, obviously the child was dirty to begin with, or got dirty outside or somewhere else, because the carpets are very fresh and clean!! I have a 2 year old toddler myself, and he was barefoot most of the time we were there, and he never got "black feet" from the carpets. And blaming the maids for putting a "do not disturb" sign on the door... come on. Kids in other rooms move signs from one door to another as jokes all the time, we had one taken off of our door by a group of teens staying there. And as far as not being allowed to take food to your room, that is the farthest from the truth!! We got our breakfast to go every day and took it to our room and the staff even gave us trays to do it!! They welcomed the guests who wanted to eat in their rooms. The staff even let us borrow utensils and take them to our room to cut a birthday cake we had bought. That review just amazed me with all the false misleading comments. And they really topped it off when they went on COMPLAINING about the FREE breakfast!!! It's free, for goodness sake!! Many hotels don't even offer a hot breakfast, let alone free. If this family didn't like it, they should have gone and bought their own breakfast like you would have to do at most of the other hotels around!! I hope that Best Western is thinking "happy trails" right back to that negative family, the hotel doesn't need customers like that anyway!! Oh well. I don't understand why but I guess some people will just make up things just to have something to complain about. Its just not fair to give that kind of review to the hotel, making people reading it think what they wrote is true, when it honestly is not. I would not say this was a great hotel if the service was not excellent, which it was. You can't ask for a nicer place to stay, and the price is great!!! To anyone willing to give them a try, ENJOY!!! It's well worth it!!!

Room Tip: The king suite is awesome!! Big living room, kitchenette, separate bedroom and bath. Much like an ap...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Chillicothe, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 1 night during our Labor Day Weekend. The staff was very nice and the room was great. There was free breakfast which was pretty good. We did not visit the pool. The parking lot was a little tight, but was easy to navigate.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Decatur, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I stayed at this newly re-named Envoy Inn for 3 nights in a suite. It was quite adequate; the price was good. The other guests on my floor, however, seemed to be a large, loosely-related group in town for a wedding. They were VERY noisy & argumentative with each other. I overheard a hotel employee in one of their rooms telling them, "This is the second time I've had to come up here..." I closed the door to my bedroom and didn't hear anything after that. There's a definite advantage to having a suite. (And I noticed in the middle of the night, there are "glow in the dark" arrows embedded in the carpet, pointing the way to the door.) (I needed 'em pointing to the loo.)

I can see where improvements are being made - currently, the bath linens are worn & dingy, but I understand (an employee on break, smoking in the back parking lot told me this) new linens are on back-order; new carpeting is to be installed soon. Good! The flat screen TVs are new; the channel selector is very odd....channel numbers with hyphens in them. (?) There's no hyphen on the remote. (which was one of those "clean remote" deals without raised buttons, allegedly easier to sanitize.)

The pillows were comfortable, as was the mattress. The refrigerator worked to my satisfaction - it even had a freezer compartment so I could re-freeze my "blue ice."

But, as another reviewer mentioned - I'm not sure s/he was referring to me, the friend I was with or someone else - my friend and I both had trouble with the 15% off coupon from the "GoToLouisville,com Tour Guide." The coupon says "present at check in" but the young lady told me, "Oh, no...you do that when you check out." When I did check out (too early for breakfast), the young man who told me "I'm new here - I've only been here a month" couldn't get the coupon to deduct the 15% NOR could he manage to figure out how to process a Best Western Travel Card as payment.

The breakfast was adequate. The first morning had French Toast, but it was gone & biscuits and that nasty gravy were in its place the next day. (That gravy's nasty no matter where you go.)

There's a lot more to be done to raise the level of customer service.

Room Tip: Get a suite. It's worth the extra $$ for the silence from the folks in the hall.
Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Louisville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

You get what you pay for. Basic room in an urban, semi-economy BW. Elevator didn't work for a while. Despite what the website says, refrigerators are NOT available upon request unless you're in a suite. Couldn't make any sense of the TV listing. Breakfast is sometimes a buffet (which would have been faster), sometimes cooked to order from 3 or 4 set choices (except no bacon because it was still frozen). My bagel was barely warm, not toasted. While we waited for breakfast to open, a woman checking out complained to the desk clerk of not being able to use her Louisville tourist booklet coupon; she said her check-in clerk had told her to use it at check-out; the check-out clerk was telling her it needed to be honored at check-in. If I have to transit Louisville again, I'll look elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Cumberland, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I looked at the reviews before I booked this hotel and was hopeful that the room would be adequate for our families 6-nite stay for a teen fine arts competition. I really wanted to like the place, but it was impossible. Our first disappointment was our refrigerator that wasn't cooling. After several hours and calling twice, an employee finally arrived to check it out (of course he had no tools and basically said he couldn't fix it and he couldn't change it for another one and he could do nothing). The next morning, we noticed my toddlers feet were black with dirt from the carpets which obviously had not been cleaned in years. Unfortunately he would not keep his shoes on so his feet were repeatedly filthy the entire week. The bathtub leaked and it had a spongy feel in the bottom. The odor from the room was obviously an old musty, cigarette smoke one--even though the room was now non-smoking. I bought some air freshener to try to help that, but the next day we had a new smell which was much worse. It came in from the hall and according to the staff was glue where they were repairing tubs--it smelled like they spilled an entire bucket of paint thinner and I'm sure was unhealty to inhale especially for my infant and toddler. The maid service seemed to have an aversion to work--one day they left a note saying they could not clean the room due to personal items being on the bed (one bed pillow that we brought from home) and another day they put a note under the door stating there was a do not disturb sign on the door so they were unable to clean (If there was one, it was placed by them--not us). They didn't clean the room the entire week. When requested, they gave us towels, garbage bags, and a roll of toilet paper. The breakfast, well if you like overcooked sausage, tough, overcooked frozen french toast, tater tots, and eggs every day, then you would have loved this. The worst part was when my mother tried to bring a cup of yogurt and an apple back to our room for my sleeping toddler's breakfast--she was scolded and even when she explained it was for a toddler, was told she wasn't allowed to remove food from the restaurant. My teen daughter was already eating her apple and she wasn't allowed to take the half eaten one with her. Ridiculous! I could understand if we were hoarding food, but one yogurt and an apple. We were made to feel that we were stealing. And our room key took about a dozen or more times to open everytime, even after getting replacement keys. The front staff's job basically was to be patronizing, to say there is nothing we can do, and to offer to assist us in finding another room elsewhere. Wish I had found somewhere else in the first place!! Don't waste your money on this filthy, do nothing place! I recieved an email from a Best Western staff person stating they were sorry they did not exceed my expectations. Get a clue, you fell way below meeting my very low expectations. Happy trails, Best Western, you won't be seeing this family again.

Room Tip: Rooms at another hotel would be best. If you choose to stay here, don't get one near the ice ma...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Louisville East? Share your experiences!