“Ok for a cheap, solo overnighter” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #85 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
st. louis, mo
“Ok for a cheap, solo overnighter”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Close to UK campus, KY Expo Center, gas station (at hotel), and expressway. Keep your attention "tuned" while at the hotel--the barbed wire fences that surround it are likely there for a reason. A little rough around the edges, but the staff is helpful and the continental breakfast is fair. Overall, ok for a cheap, solo overnighter if your expectations aren't too high.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Ron P, Manager at Days Inn Central / University and Expo Center, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us at Days Inn Central. We know we are a older hotel, but we do try to make it better by giving you clean rooms and great service. As for the fence it was put up way before my time here, but my understanding the main reason it was put up was to stop people from using our parking lot as a short cut to the Arthur Street. Thank you for your comments and I look forward to meeting you on your next visit. Ron

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My 3-year-old was sent to Kosair by ambulance and we were released at 4 am. We lived an hour away and I was completly exausted with. No way home until the next morning. They did give us a discount. The lady that checked us in was very nice.

However, the location was terrible. There was construction going on that litterally rattled the heater in the room. I did not feel safe there especially since my chain lock was broke. The room was ok, falling apart but at least somewhat clean. The comforters probably should have been cleaned or changed though.

The next morning, we did enjoy their free breakfast which was well stocked. The lady in the dinning room was very nice. But the lady at checkout provided terrible service. First of all she was gossiping and when I came to checkout she acted as if my presence there were an inconveinence. Then after she finally checked us out, as I was waiting for my husband, she continued talking about a confrontation with a housekeeper there and was cussing in front of my 3-year-old child. The whole situation was uncomfortable.

• Stayed August 2012
Ron P, Manager at Days Inn Central / University and Expo Center, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
I want to apologize for the inconvenience of recent stay with us at Days Inn Central. I know we have a older hotel and the one thing we try to do is keep our rooms clean and give great service as I know there is a lot of locations you can stay at. If possible I would like to know what day you checked out on so I can get with the clerk who did not treat you with the respect you deserve.
I do want to thank you for staying with us and I hope you will reconsider on returning and give us another chance. Thank you for taking time to fill out the survey and giving us feed back on what we need to do to be a better hotel. Ron
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

To begin, I have stayed at this location over six times, and I have not had a 'bad' experience (vs. other reviewers). Although this is an older property and some of the furnishings are a bit dated - it is well maintained and serviced. An example, during my most recent stay the process of new mattresses in every room was underway. There is a veteran staff who are all very helpful and accommodating. The dining area is well-sized and provides an above-average continental breakfast (opens at 6:30, but 6:00 seems to be the norm in other areas). It is well-stocked and maintained, and the attendants are friendly. The location of the hotel is handy to the interstate connectors (I-71, 65, 64) and close to downtown. Overall a good value - when compared with similarly priced hotels in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time out to give us feed back on Days Inn Central. We do appriciate you staying with us and hope you continue to find our motel the location of choice when you return to Louisville. Please let me know if there is anything else we can do to help you and our other guest to continue to have a wonderful stay. Ron

Been to Days Inn Central / University and Expo Center? Share your experiences!