“You won't believe how GREAT the serivce is here!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Louisville Downtown

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites Louisville Downtown to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Louisville Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   132 E Jefferson, Louisville, KY 40202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #40 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Lakeville, Minnesota
“You won't believe how GREAT the serivce is here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

Getting to this hotel was slighly confusing. We used our GPS system and it drove us around a little bit more than we needed to, but that only happened at arrival. Each time we headed back home to the hotel, we figured out what really we needed to do. ** Also note that the Fairfield and the Springhill are connected - same building as far as we could tell. The Springhill is on the east side and the Fairfield is on the W. Two different entrances for each. Anyway - our main comment here is the service. You won't believe how great the staff is here. They remember you by name and get you what you need immediatly! Really - I'm not kidding. I am still shocked at the service. The pool is average for this hotel chain. The rooms are always great and plus, you get that bonus sitting area for when guests come over to visit. (Which I love so that no one has to sit on your bed!) The breakfast is great, too. (There is always a line for those waffles though.) They have different flavors of coffee which was a real treat. The breakfast room itself is on the 2nd floor, so away from the hub-bub of the lobby which is an extra bonus. It's downtown location makes it easy to get to and from and is close to the State line. We had a local pizza delivery that was soooo good. (No, it wasn't the big namer guy in town.) Parking is in a ramp so pretty secure. I would totally stay here again!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Cincinnati
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

I stayed here recently, and though the location and facility were nice, and convenient to downtown, I received a call within 2 days of my stay to inform me that my credit card information had been compromised and an attempted purchase had been made. I know that it had to have been an employee at this location because I never use this card, and didn't even have it on me while at the hotel. I did, however, use it for my deposit on the room, but then used another form of payment when I actually arrived. The thief first made a $20 charge AT THE HOTEL to confirm that the card was still active, then attempted to spend several hundred dollars on the card elsewhere. Thankfully my fraud protection department for the card is very effective, as they caught the purchases and notified me immediately. STAY HERE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
csw65, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, July 23, 2010
What you saw on your Debit Card was the authorization for your stay. The hold was released by the bank a few days later. I am sorry to here about the unauthorized use of your card. Associates do not have access to guest account numbers. Associates can only see the type of card and the first few digits.
Cincinnati, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

I came to Louisville from Cincinnati with a group of friends for a weekend in February 2009 for my bachelorette party, and we couldn't have been happier with the accommodations. We had 13 women (ranging in age from 25 to 40 - we know how to party, but are old enough to know how to control ourselves) in 3 suites, and since we knew we would be spending at least some time hanging out in the rooms, we wanted a little extra space for all of us that we knew suites would provide. They were able to put us in three rooms that were all together, too, so that we weren't scattered all over the hotel, which was great, especially since that meant all of us could hang out in the center of the three rooms without having to worry about disturbing anyone we might have otherwise shared a wall with.

The rooms: The hotel is still pretty new, and everything was clean and in great shape. The beds were extremely comfortable (definitely maintaining the Marriott quality for matresses), and a couple of girls did sleep on the couchbeds, which they said were a little firm, but not bad at all. The bathrooms had sliding doors with frosted glass in them, which I thought was kind of odd, but did like that the toilet and the shower were in two different "rooms" (with at least four women in each room, it made the shower situation easier!). We did put the mini-fridges and microwaves to use at least a couple of times, too, and were really nice to have. The decor was fun and funky, and the rooms were nice and spacious. Friday night we arrived at the hotel around 8:00, and once we were checked in and settled in (a process that went smoothly considering there were 13 of us jockeying for position in the lobby) and decided that we wanted to stay in for the evening. The sitting area of the rooms were great for hanging out (we even brought one of the chaise lounges into our main hangout from one of the other rooms for additional seating), and we fit everyone comfortably for drinking some cocktails, chatting and playing games.

The location: The hotel was very easy to find from the highway, and we chose to go to Louisville for the sole purpose of spending a lot of time at 4th Street Live, which was in extremely reasonable walking distance from the hotel (and we did the walk at least two to three times while we were there). It did help, I have to admit, that the weather was unseasonably warm for February - it was very comfortable to the point where we didn't even need jackets, so walking worked perfectly for us. Another review mentioned that they didn't feel safe walking from the hotel to 4th Street Live, but I completely disagree. We felt completely safe walking back and forth, but did remain smart about it by staying in small groups. 4th Street Live, btw, is a whole lot of fun and has a great selection of bars and restaurants.

The parking: The biggest downside, to me, was probably the fact that they did charge extra for parking ($9 per day as of February). We did know this ahead of time (read the fine print before you go, people - they don't try to hide it), and consolidated cars as much as we could, so that helped. It wasn't a horrible price (compared to other hotels I looked at), but it did hurt a little that the Hampton right across the street offered it for free. Having said that, we didn't have any problems with parking in the garage, either, but it probably helped that once we parked on Friday night, we didn't use our cars again until we left on Sunday, so I don't know whether or not the garage was full at any point on Saturday.

The value: Based on what I could tell, this hotel gets a lot of their income from people traveling for business, as I did notice that the prices were higher during the week than what we paid on the weekends - so if you're looking for a great price on the weekend, check this place out. I booked through the Marriott website with my AAA discount, and got a fantastic deal, especially considering they're suites (it was a better deal that the Fairfield Inn next door for a regular room), that I wasn't coming close to matching on any of the travel sites.

Overall, we had a wonderful stay here, and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2009

We had never been to Louisville so were driving through for one night on our way to Chicago. When we arrived there were people at EVERY entrace chain smoking right infront of the door, so you had to walk through it. They boast a non-smoking policy, but do nothing to enforce it around their entraces. So as we walk into a smoke filled lobby, we are greated to get our room, and she says that they are overcapacity on their onsite parking and that we'd have to park in their "over spill" lot. Whatever that means.

So she gives us a map and directs us to go around the bldg... blah blah... took us on a two block excursion when the parking was litterally right accross the street!! Yes, right accross the street... when we FINALLY get to the room, it's clean enough, but there is no bedside table or any plug ins on the right side of the bed. The TV was a great flat screen, but we had to move the whole cabinet out of the wall b/c it set behind the "wardrobe closet" and blocked the view for my side of the bed...

This hotel is within walking distance to a few things... but only during the daylight. we didn't feel comfortable walking 5 blks to dinner, so we turned around and got our car.

In short, we won't be staying here again, simply because when we travel, we don't like our hotels to be so difficult.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2009

The previous review describes everything very accurately. The room was nice, but in terms of size and layout it seems best for a solo traveler. It worked for two, but I can't imagine it would be much fun trying to use the sleeper sofa to accomodate more than two.

Staff were nice, breakfast was decent, but all in all the hotel felt a bit sterile and the location seemed isolated unless you want to be near The Jewish Hospital.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Bowling Green, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2009

Stayed at this hotel for one night while my husband and I were visiting Louisville for our anniversary. The hotel is easily accessible from I-65, and the parking garage is small, but adequate. The hotel is in a very good location if your stay is due to needing to visit the Jewish Hopital buildings, and is within reasonable walking distance of many downtown attractions including the 4th Street Live area (about 3 blocks walk). I found the hotel and our room to be nicely clean. As others have mentioned, the rooms themselves are unique. Decor is trendy art deco, and furniture/fixtures follow suit. The room was a bit smaller than what I was expecting for a suite, but it was adequate. Basically, it was a standard hotel room with a few modifications. The shower/vanity area is separate from the toilet. The toilet stall does have a very small sink for handwashing, but can be a bit awkward for someone with large hands. The doors to both bathroom areas are sliding doors with frosted glass, and the shower area is large with a clear full glass enclosure. The room contained a small desk area/sitting area with a couch and small coffee table; a small area with a microwave/coffee maker/refrigerator and a few cups, paper plates and utensils. The flat screen HD tv was very nice and could be swiveled for view from either the sitting area or the bed. My husband enjoyed the free WIFI and that helped us with gathering informaton on local restaurants, etc. The king size bed in our room was very comfortable with numerous pillows. I don't think I've ever seen a hotel room with so many pillows. It was a nice change. The room has a digital thermostat which was very nice. I despise those older hotel rooms that only have the wall unit with the knob that never works. My husband visited the breakfast area and said that the food display was impressive with hot items such as eggs, sausage and waffles, and a vast array of pastries/yogurt/muffins, etc. If I had to pick something to complain about, it would most likely be a moderate amount of noise. Being close to the interstate and the hospital makes for quite a bit of traffic noise including ambulance sirens. The amount of noise most likely varies just depending on which side of the hotel your room is on. Also, when we were there, there were several junior volleyball players staying there who tended to be a little noisy with loud tv's and music. Overall, if you are interested in a mid-range hotel in a good location with a reasonable price, then the Springhill Suites Louisville Medical District could be what you're looking for.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

This is a cute little place, and for my purposes, suited me fine. Flew into Louisville for a funeral. It was during a pre-Derby event called Thunder Over L'ville. Arriving late in the day, I was unable to get downtown, exits closed off. After finding place to crash at friend's house, called hotel and they kindly changed reservation to reflect arrival NEXT day--Very nice!
Room is perfect for someone traveling alone, microwave/fridge very helpful. Did not use desk except as surface for stuff.
Caveats:1.Lower floors kind of noisy, ask for higher. 2. Each night but last, I was able to find spot in the garage very close to the door. I am from L'ville and it is a LOVELY city, do not get me wrong. Downtown is growing and becoming more and more cool and trendy. BUT--Area where this is located is not great. As woman traveling alone, would have preferred my downtown Marriott w/valet parking. Overall, though, I think it's a cute little, well-appointed place for the money.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo

Been to SpringHill Suites Louisville Downtown? Share your experiences!