“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Louisville Downtown

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites Louisville Downtown to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Louisville Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   132 E Jefferson, Louisville, KY 40202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #40 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Newnan
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Husband and stayed at this hotel over the weekend because it was very close to where my son is living in Louisville. Loved the room, the bed, etc. Ok, here's the former travel manager in me coming out. I can't believe a hotel of this size, in this location only has one person working the front desk. While the staff was efficient and pleasant, one person answering the phone for reservations, checking in guests and trying to respond to guest's requests, etc. is too much. At peak check in times, line would get 3-4 deep of people waiting to check in. Also, be forewarned, if you are planning to park at the hotel, the parking deck fills up around 9:00 pm. After riding around the block a few times, the security guard pointed us to a spot against a wall (not an official parking space) but it worked. I visited the breakfast room once and also noticed one person trying to keep up with the demand from the guests.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Debbie S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Suzydispatch,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Springhill Suites Louisville Downtown. We have actually recently hired several new associates that will be working at the Front Desk, i appreciate your comments. Great customer service is something that we continually strive to provide and can assure you that with the addition of several new team members we will have no issues living up to that.
I do apologize about the parking issue that you experienced, we have been working very hard with our parking team to try and accommodate all of our guests but do run into issues on the weekends when we have several cars per room. We do offer an overflow parking lot at no charge now.

Thank you again for your review, we really do appreciate it !
Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Lexington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

This is my hotel of choice in Louisville. After staying at all the Marriott properties downtown, the Springhill is unquestionably the best value. The staff has never met a request they could not handle. Always cheerful and attentive! Thank you all for giving me a home away from home.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Dear M C N,

Thank you so much for the fantastic 5 star review. I always appreciate guest's taking the time to review their stay with us.We are continually looking for ways to improve our service and appreciate all feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

This is a clean place to stay. A very modern hotel. Will. Stay there again. Staff very friendly and hotel very clean. We got a discount because of a visit to hospital for my grandson. Thanks for a friendly staff

Room Tip: Good location and friendly clean hotel!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Magicdd,

I cannot thank you enough for the wonderful 5 Star review. We really do appreciate you taking the time to review your stay. I am glad to hear that you used the hopsital discounted rate, we offer this to try a lighten some of the burden of travel expenses during hospital visits.
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for her recent birthday. This place was great.

The rooms are suites and large sized. The staff were extremely courteous and helpful. The location was prime downtown and the stay was great for us.

Carrie(I believe that's her name) helped me make my plans. Meagan was awesome. She put candy I dropped off and some balloons in our room with a really sweet note to my wife that my wife loved. When we walked in my wife was ecstatic. Carrie and Meagan were both extremely helpful and deserve some recognition. My wife kept the card Meagan left for her.

Breakfast was good and hot. I didn't prefer the eggs so much but my wife liked them.

We will definitely give this hotel our local business and advise others to stay here.

Room Tip: Top corner room (925) was great.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mark S,

Thank you so much for the fantastic 5 star review, i am always thrilled to hear that our team went above and beyond ! I will be sure to pass your comments along to the team and give them a little special recognition. So glad that Carrie and Megan could help make your stay special.
Thank you again, feel free to call us next time you are planning something special !
Celina, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

This hotel was super clean, parking was super convenient and I love the bathrooms. Springhill suites is one of my favs because they're always right in the city and so affordable. We stayed 4 nights and have zero complaints. Beds were clean and fluffy, carpets were immaculate. The breakfast each morning was perfect, although busy, and the view in the breakfast room was great. The pool area was small, so small actually that they have a sign posted that asks for only five persons to be in the water at any given time. It was not a big deal though. We used the hotel as a base to visit the cities breweries and Mammoth Caves and Dinosaur World. I had work to do and the internet connectivity was excellent. Bonus: They don't have an official shuttle but there is an independent guy who will drive you pretty much anywhere in the area. He picked the 5 of us up, took us over the bridge to an awesome restaurant, then came back for us in the middle of a hellacious thunderstorm. $20 tip and kudos, just wish I could remember his name. Overall: Well done in every area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Maaksmama,

Thank you for the review of your stay with us, we really appreciate you taking the time to post your thoughts and comments. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, i agree with you, we are the perfect launch pad.
We really look forward to welcoming you back, next time you are in Louisville.
Williamsburg, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Love the modern decor. Great breakfast but crowded at certain times. Our room fantastic but we need more of a true suite, we are finding. Beds super comfortable, love how the toilet and and shower are separate. We made great use of the fridge. Pool was good but small. Loved how it was connected to Fairfield and their common room. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful -- every day! Indulged us when we lost our garage key…twice.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Debbie S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Natalie M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide such a great review of our Springhill Suites. I honestly appreciate any and all feedback and am thrilled to hear that you really enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back, next time you are in Louisville !
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Overall, the hotel itself was average. But the thing that really set me off was the fact that when I pulled back the covers in my bed, there was a used tissue in the sheets. What if it was dark and I would have just got in bed with that. It was completely unsanitary. I call the desk, they offered new sheets. When the sheets arrived, he handed them to me and expected that I make my own bed. I asked him to please do this as this was part of the hotel service that I paid for. He did, but now it will forever leave an impression with me and this chain of hotels.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear ATLBoogie,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the incident you experienced while staying at our Springhill Suites. I can assure you this is not acceptable to me in anyway and i will be reviewing your comments with our Housekeeping today. If you would like to contact me personally to discuss this, i can be reached at debbie.stevens@whitelodging.com.
Regards,

Been to SpringHill Suites Louisville Downtown? Share your experiences!