“A neighborhood gem in Louisville” 4 of 5 stars

502-458-8888
Improve this listing
Ranked #520 of 1,519 Restaurants in Louisville
Kansas City
“A neighborhood gem in Louisville”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

My husband and I were visiting Louisville and had the great good fortune to eat dinner at KT's on Lexington Road. We had an absolutely delicious meal--I had the strawberry pecan salad with chicken and my husband had the reuben sandwich, and we shared an order of the spinach queso and chips. Everything was extremely fresh and very tasty; the flavors blended extremely well and care had obviously been put into the preparation. I also had the house wine--a white zinfandel--which was as enjoyable as any vintage I have had in the past. Our waitress, Monique, was very considerate and attentive, ensuring we had the best dining experience possible. And all of this was attained at an extremely reasonable cost, especially compared to other restaurants we frequented in the city. The atmosphere is that of an upscale neighborhood coffee shop or diner--welcoming and friendly to regulars and out-of-town visitors alike. The age range of the clientele tends to the older side; the music selection is very good and the volume low enough to easily talk over.

Louisville has every right to be proud of its many wonderful restaurants, and KT's is one of the best. If you're interested in a locally-owned eatery with casual atmosphere, great prices, and fabulous food, KT's is your place!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Central VA
“false advertising on their website -- nothing much for vegetarians”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I went here with a group. It wasn't my choice, but I was assured there were vegetarian selections. On the restaurant's website they list a portabella burger which I expected to order once I got there. On their real menu, however, there was a "veggie burger". In my experience, veggie burgers are pre-frozen and rarely any good. The next best option was their vegetable plate. Choose four side vegetable dishes. But don't choose the green beans because they are made with bacon.

Visited April 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good Food & Average Drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Overall, KT's food and atmosphere was good. The lemon dill salmon had good flavor. The carrot cake was excellent. The drinks were average.

Visited March 2013
Indianapolis, In
“Good Food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

When I lived in Louisville and worked downtown, we'd make the trip out to KT's for lunch. I enjoyed their food then and I did this time also. There's nothing extra special that will stand out. It's just a good selection on the menu and a nice place to eat.

Visited March 2013
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
“Generic food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This is food that tastes like chain restaurant food. There is no "there" there. There is nothing particularly good here.

Visited March 2012