“Corbett's” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Corbett's:An American Place

Corbett's:An American Place
5050 Norton Healthcare Blvd, Louisville, KY 40241 (East Louisville)
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Corbett's:An American Place is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 1,505 restaurants in Louisville
Cross street: Brownsboro Road
Barcelona, Spain
“Corbett's”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Beautiful restaurant and ambience. Food overall was outstanding but service not as efficient as usual. Our group of friends had to wait over an hour to order and we had to continually get out server's attention for wine refills. All went well until dessert. Spicy mango ice cream was far too spicy and the chocolate tart was very dry. Will be back but not for awhile.

84% Recommend
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
“Great food, lovely surroundings and knowledgeable servers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Last Friday with no dinner reservation we headed to Corbett's hoping we'd be seated without a lengthy wait. Within 2 minutes after our arrival we were seated at a very comfortable table in a lovely room. Everything is decorated with style and excellent taste -- a great beginning to be sure.

The server, John, was knowledgeable and professional. He took the time to explain all of the variations of their service, including two tasting menus. We opted for their regular menu and he helped with suggestions along the way. I ordered the mussels as my appetizer and they were terrific. We had sea bass as well -- everything was cooked perfectly. John's associate Daisy, gave us some great recommendations for dessert and we finished up with a powerful chocolate cake that was wonderful.

We've been to a lot of restaurants in Louisville, and Corbett's is certainly one of our new favorites. Next time I'll order one of the tasting menus --- they sound terrific.

• Visited November 2013
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
“Always outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

This is one of our "go to" places. The setting and ambience is first class, along with the servers and management. We came to celebrate my wife's birthday after a less than satisfactory experience at another local eatery because we can always count on it being special. They did not disappoint. My wife had the duck entree with roasted potatoes and a wonderful sauce. The duck was perfectly prepared to medium rare with just enough crispiness on the skin. My entree was a parmesan crusted sea bass. The portion size was just right. It was served with whipped potatoes, fall vegetables and a lemon beurre blanc. The fish was perfectly prepared, with a crispy but light crust. They offered my wife a dessert of her choosing and she chose a creme brulee that was good, even though the texture was slightly off. All in all, a great evening. We also love their bar & patio menu on nights we don't want to spring for the more expensive entrees. They are well prepared and more than enough for a satisfying meal.

• Visited October 2013
louisville, ky
“Not what I was expecting”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

For years, I've been hearing rave reviews about this restaurant so when a vendor offered to take us there, we were thrilled and jumped at the chance. Sadly, we were disappointed. While our server was excellent and the restaurant itself is beautiful, my meal was just ok. And, while I did enjoy the salad and the butternut squash soup, the $42 filet reminded me of a meal we'd be served at a large corporate event at a hotel. Dessert was also disappointing. The hazelnut torte was dry and tasted like it came out of a box. For the price, there are better choices in Louisville.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Corbett's knows how to make an event memorable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

My husband and I selected Corbett's as the setting for our 25th wedding anniversary celebration. We were a group of 14 and I was a little nervous planning such an important event from a distance, but Troy was a pleasure to work with! We started with cocktails and small bites on the front lawn and then moved into the sunroom for the next four courses. Our group contained 2 vegetarians and their dietary needs were handled beautifully by the kitchen. Our server, Kerry, was fantastic, always attentive and informative about our selections. My husband is a restaurant manager here in Palm Beach, and often has trouble relaxing in a restaurant and turning off his "manager mode" but Corbett's succeeded! Our friends continued to rave about our meal for the rest of our stay in Louisville. Thank you so much for making our trip back home for this event so perfect!

• Visited September 2013