“Great Food,Athosphere and Service in Louisville” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Corbett's:An American Place

Corbett's:An American Place
5050 Norton Healthcare Blvd, Louisville, KY 40241 (East Louisville)
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Corbett's:An American Place is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 1,440 Restaurants in Louisville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Doing business, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: East Louisville
Cross street: Brownsboro Road
Louisville, Kentucky
“Great Food,Athosphere and Service in Louisville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Truly one of Louisville's great restaurants, That is saying something as Louisville has become one of the great "Foodie" places in the South.

Go for the five course fix menu at $65 each and considering the wine paring as well.Lots of unique great food stuff served in an interesting way.

Some in our party went with the normal ala cart menu and were very pleased with their selections. The fish seem to be a favorite with some at our table

Great food , service, and ambiance.

• Visited August 2013

Taylorsville, Kentucky, United States
“If you go, get the five-course prix fixe - otherwise, not a great experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

His thoughts: He ordered the five-course prix fixe and loved every course. He thought the food was great, the sauces in particular, and at $65, his meal was a lot of food and a very good value. He got five courses for what I paid for four, ala carte, and he got a LOT more food than I did. He got a 4 oz filet as part of his and a piece of salmon that had to be close to that size, and a scallop slightly larger than a golf ball.

My thoughts: I ordered ala carte. I got the gnocchi, which was unremarkable - the flavor of the sauce was not at all varied or delicate, and the gnocchi was overcooked and mushy. In my experience, good gnocchi is just a little chewy - I've had it in the North End of Boston, so this really didn't measure up. The caprese salad was good, but should have had more than just two tiny balls of mozzarella, as you run out before you are done with tomatoes, and let me tell you, I surgically sliced each one of those tiny balls into four pieces. And I still ran out. The quail entree was, well... it was $38 and I got six pieces of quail about as big around as a poker chip, and the thickness of about two quarters stacked. I also discovered that I do not like morels, but even if I did, these had grit in every bite. I understand that mushrooms are commonly cleaned with sand, which might have been the case in this instance? The dollop of grits the quail was served on were flavorless. All this said, dessert saved the day. The strawberry shortcake with chantilly cream was excellent, though I do think I would like it better if it was served with actual strawberries, and not strawberry preserves, which overpowered the taste of the rest of the dish.

The restaurant was very pretty, with an airy, classic design. The service was fantastic. They had our name on a little placard on the table, and there are nice touches - they bring you napkins to match your pants/skirt (white or black depending) and I noticed the waiter was bringing our wine, but I was on my way to the ladies room, and rather than go ahead and pour while I was away from the table, he waited and came back when I was settled. That was really considerate, I thought. Our waiter was good, but at one point, the table across from us had plates brought by a girl who looked like she might work in the kitchen - nearly dressed, but just wearing a polo shirt with the restaurant's logo. That was a little strange.

But the music in this place is weird. While we were there, it was everything from Motown to Puff the Magic Dragon (seriously). I think they play it to bridge the gap between the al fresco casual dining and those who are going for the more formal experience, but it really needs to be changed, It didn't suit the feel of the place at all. Some acoustic guitar or slow jazz would be a nice choice.

I liked how much room there was. We went to Ruth's Chris not long ago and you're so close to the other tables there that people are practically sitting on your lap. They seated us at a table for four, so there was plenty of room and you didn't feel cramped or harried at all.

But in all, I am in no hurry to go back. I know from experience that you can't expect huge portions or cheap prices at nice restaurants. I read some of the less positive reviews here and figured they were just written by people who didn't understand the concept of quality over quantity. I DO understand that. But that said, this restaurant didn't wow me in either category. My husband said he would give this place 4.5 stars, but for me, it's just a 3. I gave it a 3 because I expect a LOT more from a restaurant that's ranked #5 in the city of Louisville, which has a fantastic culinary scene.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“Great Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We were in Louisville for a few days and saw some rave reviews for Corbett's. They lived up to their reputation. The atmosphere, service and food were great. We had the Cassoulet and Pate for appetizers, followed by soup and salad, then Osso Bucco and Monkfish. A dish of ice cream completed the wonderful meal. The wines by the glass offered a number of choices and both the reds and the whites were nice complements to the food.

• Visited November 2012
Louisville, Kentucky
“Southern Charm at Its Finest!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

As you enter this charming restaurant, you immediately know you are experiencing southern hospitality. The wait staff caters to your every need, including black napkins if you are wearing black, without hovering. The menu changes frequently in order to incorporate the freshest, finest ingredients in every dish. The atmosphere is southern elegance with great acoustics. we were able to enjoy the art of great conversation over great food. Reservations are a must. Alfresco dining on the front porch is available. Corbett's is one of Louisville's most expensive restaurants. It is my first choice for dining with people you know will enjoy great food. Louisville is known for fine dining and what takes this one over the top for me is being able to hear the guests around my table without having to shout through lunch or dinner.

• Visited July 2013
“Loved It!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

The unique mansion at Corbett's is only the begining to a wonderful dining experience. We ordered a variety of appetizers to share that were very tasty. Our entrees (steak, lamb and fish) were very well prepared. What a nice experience for our daughter's 29th birthday!

• Visited June 2013