“Excellent location, only minor problems” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #30 of 95 hotels in Louisville
Bluefield, Virginia
“Excellent location, only minor problems”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Stayed here one weekend while visiting with a few friends. Everything was pretty great (except for the large crowds of teens in town for some kind of camp function, but the hotel had nothing to do with that). The location is good for walking around downtown, which I enjoy. The only real complaint I have was the shower. The water pressure was abnormally low. It was actually hard to get enough water in your cupped hands to get shampoo out. And the floor of the shower was pretty slippery, I had a few close calls with that. Don't go here expected a luxurious shower and you should be fine.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
James S, Front Office Manager at Springhill Suites Louisville Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you for the feedback. We have adressed it and getting it corrected. Thanks again for staying with us.
Sincerely Simone Mangold

98 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Myself, my wife, and various family members recently had occasion to spend a few days at the Springhill Suites, near the airport, in Louisville,KY. The facility and room accomodations were immaculate, while the continental breakfast was the most expansive I've ever encountered during my travels. The staff were friendly, knowledgeable, and eager to make our stay as comfortable as possible. Upon my request,they even went out of their way to ensure all of my relatives had rooms on the same floor. I will be returning to Louisville in June of this year, and will definitely make it a point to book reservations at Springhill Suites.

Room Tip: All rooms are exceptional.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time and writing your kind review. It was our pleasure putting your family together. We are looking forward seeing you again in June. Thanks again for your visit here at Springhill Suites Louisville Airport.
Tinley Park, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Loud heater kept me up most of the night. Needs updating, shower area needs detailed cleaning. Staff was friendly with the exception of breakfast staff who was rude and annoyed that we showed up 5 minutes late, with plenty of food still available.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
James S, Front Office Manager at Springhill Suites Louisville Airport, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you for your feedback!
I hope you let the Front Desk know about the Heater and Shower Issue so we can get it adressed with the apropriate departments. I am sorry that it was not properly maintained to begin with. I am truly sorry about the Breakfast Attendent. She is usually a very fun and outgoing individual and it happens to her all the time that people run 5min late. Please feel free to contact me on Property if you would like to give me a bit more specific details.
However, thank you for staying with us and chosing Springhill Suites. We apreciate your business and hope to see you in the future. Sincerely, Simone Mangold FOM
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I stayed here for a night and had a good experience. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. They even packed me a breakfast to go when I told them I had to leave before breakfast started. The location is convenient to get to the airport. Not many places to eat nearby but they do have a shuttle to take you around the immediate area.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
James S, Front Office Manager at Springhill Suites Louisville Airport, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for your review. I hope you enjoyed your Breakfast to go. It was great having you here and we are looking forward seeing you again in the future. Sincerely Simone Mangold
southern Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We discovered this location last summer and we knew that this would be our "go to" place while traveling in Louisville. In fact, we stayed at this location for two separate trips in August. The first trip was just for my husband and I (king room) and the second was a trip with our three kids (double beds). Both hotel rooms were spacious, with a separate sitting area. The king room had a shower with a glass door. The only issue we had was that the shower door didn't quite line up at the bottom and it would leak a bit each time you used the shower. Minor issue and we just put a towel down to gather any seeping water. Both rooms provided plenty of room to stretch out, even with the sofa fully extended. I did feel like the room with double beds was a slightly larger to accommodate both beds. Everything was very clean and well maintained. We experienced pleasant staff...the cleaning crew, front desk, and breakfast crew. The breakfast buffet is was complimentary and unique. One day, I was able to have fresh spinach and shredded cheese on my eggs, which is something you don't see at every hotel chain. Oh, and I love the oatmeal bar. It had a lot of options including dried cranberries, raisins, almond slivers, etc. We will definitely be staying at this location again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
James S, Front Office Manager at Springhill Suites Louisville Airport, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you so very much for you kind review. It is nice to hear great feedback on the things we have to offer, including our new and improved Breakfast. We are looking forward to your next visit. Sincerely Simone Mangold
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed one night 10.22.13. Room was oddly layed out, moderately clean, bed comfortable. Has a single tv that can only be watched from either the sitting area or the bed area, a small tv that kept flashing bright pink, back to picture, pink, picture, you get it. Bath tub would not drain and was still full when I checked out 2 hours later. I used to expect more from marriott chain but they fail more than they excel lately. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for y our feedback. I hope you made the Front Desk aware of your TV problems so we can assure to get the problem resolved. The same goes for the Tub. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Sincerely Simone Mangold
Centralia, Illinois, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

The staff was all very friendly and helpful for the most part. But we were in the room next to the maintenance room. It was a constant banging when the door shut at all hours of the day and night. I understand that we were by the airport but we have stayed at hotels by Lambert Airport in St. Louis and O'Hare Airport in Chicago and never heard planes going over. You cannot escape the sound of planes landing while here. Also, our hot water was cold. We both ended up taking cold showers in an effort to be clean. I complained to the manager. He sent the maintenance man to check it out, after a half hour of going in and out of the room, we finally told them that we will just check out and find a better hotel. This has to be the worst Marriott hotel that I have ever stayed in. I am really disappointed in the quality of the place. I have never given a bad review but this place needs it. I hope someone from Marriott can fix this issue or the reputation will suffer for it.

Room Tip: Make sure you stay away from the maintenance room on the second floor. Room 205 is a lousy room to g...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. I would like to apologize for the problems you encountered. This is not how we wanted you to experience our hotel and we hope you will give us another chance in the future. Just contact me direct for reservations.
Sincerely Simone Mangold

Been to Springhill Suites Louisville Airport? Share your experiences!