“Our favorite hotel in Louisville” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #31 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
southern Illinois
“Our favorite hotel in Louisville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We discovered this location last summer and we knew that this would be our "go to" place while traveling in Louisville. In fact, we stayed at this location for two separate trips in August. The first trip was just for my husband and I (king room) and the second was a trip with our three kids (double beds). Both hotel rooms were spacious, with a separate sitting area. The king room had a shower with a glass door. The only issue we had was that the shower door didn't quite line up at the bottom and it would leak a bit each time you used the shower. Minor issue and we just put a towel down to gather any seeping water. Both rooms provided plenty of room to stretch out, even with the sofa fully extended. I did feel like the room with double beds was a slightly larger to accommodate both beds. Everything was very clean and well maintained. We experienced pleasant staff...the cleaning crew, front desk, and breakfast crew. The breakfast buffet is was complimentary and unique. One day, I was able to have fresh spinach and shredded cheese on my eggs, which is something you don't see at every hotel chain. Oh, and I love the oatmeal bar. It had a lot of options including dried cranberries, raisins, almond slivers, etc. We will definitely be staying at this location again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
James S, Front Office Manager at Springhill Suites Louisville Airport, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you so very much for you kind review. It is nice to hear great feedback on the things we have to offer, including our new and improved Breakfast. We are looking forward to your next visit. Sincerely Simone Mangold

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed one night 10.22.13. Room was oddly layed out, moderately clean, bed comfortable. Has a single tv that can only be watched from either the sitting area or the bed area, a small tv that kept flashing bright pink, back to picture, pink, picture, you get it. Bath tub would not drain and was still full when I checked out 2 hours later. I used to expect more from marriott chain but they fail more than they excel lately. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for y our feedback. I hope you made the Front Desk aware of your TV problems so we can assure to get the problem resolved. The same goes for the Tub. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Sincerely Simone Mangold
Centralia, Illinois, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

The staff was all very friendly and helpful for the most part. But we were in the room next to the maintenance room. It was a constant banging when the door shut at all hours of the day and night. I understand that we were by the airport but we have stayed at hotels by Lambert Airport in St. Louis and O'Hare Airport in Chicago and never heard planes going over. You cannot escape the sound of planes landing while here. Also, our hot water was cold. We both ended up taking cold showers in an effort to be clean. I complained to the manager. He sent the maintenance man to check it out, after a half hour of going in and out of the room, we finally told them that we will just check out and find a better hotel. This has to be the worst Marriott hotel that I have ever stayed in. I am really disappointed in the quality of the place. I have never given a bad review but this place needs it. I hope someone from Marriott can fix this issue or the reputation will suffer for it.

Room Tip: Make sure you stay away from the maintenance room on the second floor. Room 205 is a lousy room to g...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. I would like to apologize for the problems you encountered. This is not how we wanted you to experience our hotel and we hope you will give us another chance in the future. Just contact me direct for reservations.
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I was greeted friendly in the resgestraton main lobby by the name Karis she's a nice and friendly person to ask any questions and good to talk with. Also Simone Mangold the Front Office Manager, other assistants Sidney,Michala,and Erika are all were friendly to me my name is Jerry El-Domiaty that I was at that hotel on Septermber 27-29 when I was at The Summit Conference and stayed in this hotel. All these ladies was all nice and friendly to me I apprieate they're good hosptality. And the complimentray breakfast was excellent too. And shuttle vans was too excellent when you want to go anywhere. I enjoyed it and I wish them the best to continue to be friendly and make the bussiness well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Mr. El-Deomiaty thank you very much for your very kind review. I greatly appreciate you mentioning my staff in your Survey. Everyone listed was very excited about that.
We hope to welcome you back in the future, Sincerely Simone Mangold
Gurnee, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

I find it unacceptable for housekeeping, at 2 in the afternoon, to barge into my room without even knocking! I was trying to work, and had safety latch engaged, thank goodness, instead of just stepping out of the shower. And status counts for nothing, I guess, as I was given smallest room, despite gold status with Marriott. Simone, front desk manager, confirmed as much. Very, very noisy with highway and airport close by. Although very convenient to Expo Center, we will book Residence Inn next door next time. Breakfast hot and plentiful, and indoor pool not freezing, are pros, but not much else. This property has lost my company's business. And, this area is sorely lacking nearby restaurants, sorely.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
James S, Front Office Manager at Springhill Suites Louisville Airport, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback. Again our apology for the inconvenience you experienced while staying with us.
Ashmore, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Staff was exceptional--from front desk to maids, to shuttle drivers. All quite friendly and knowledgeable and efficient.
Beds didn't seem quite like Marriott Bed, but was better than most other chain properties. Nice selection for breakfast--healthy choices like whole wheat bagels, greek yogurt, fruit etc.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our new Breakfast menu that rolled out in July. I will be passing on the nice comments regarding our Staff. That is grealy appreciated.
Thanks again, Sincerely
Simone Mangold
Evansville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We enjoyed three nights here while attending an event at Freedom Hall. Shuttle service was frequent, the drivers friendly. The hotel was very clean, the staff helpful, the room 'plus sized.'
Parking was ample and the breakfast had a good variety of nutritious food. The rates were
reasonable for the services the hotel offered. A wonderful location a short walk for events at the Kentucky Event Center.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet location on upper floor facing away from the airport. Outside and inside noise...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
James S, Front Office Manager at Springhill Suites Louisville Airport, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for your great review. We greatly appreciate it and looking forward serving you again in the near future.
Sincerely Simone Mangold

Been to Springhill Suites Louisville Airport? Share your experiences!